Les Ferdinand is QPR’s new director of football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    I don't think you guys have figured out the importance of this announcement. It is becoming normal practice for football teams to have a director of football. He is responsible for the transfers etc. and the manager is responsible for coaching.

Les becoming director of football has nothing to do with Harry leaving, but is very possibly the reason he resigned. Les as director of football would have meant Harry had no control over transfers, and I can't see this sitting well with him. I assume that he was told about this a couple of days ago and decided to resign.
    Sorry JM it is not "normal practice". Some Clubs do it but more do not. Spurs was a prime example for some time (including Sherwood's brief tenure) and they had a few over a period of time but Pochettino is in charge now BUT Levy is in control - not a DOF per se but as good as. In fact, I'm struggling now to think which clubs still have a DOF since Pulis went into WBA.

On another note, just so we get it right, a Club with a DOF does not have a manager, it has a Head Coach, which is what our next incumbent will be.
    It's all semantics IMO but it is how it is
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
      Sorry JM it is not "normal practice". Some Clubs do it but more do not. Spurs was a prime example for some time (including Sherwood's brief tenure) and they had a few over a period of time but Pochettino is in charge now BUT Levy is in control - not a DOF per se but as good as. In fact, I'm struggling now to think which clubs still have a DOF since Pulis went into WBA.

On another note, just so we get it right, a Club with a DOF does not have a manager, it has a Head Coach, which is what our next incumbent will be.
      It's all semantics IMO but it is how it is
      Manchester City, Liverpool had a director of football for several years but have now replaced him with a committee to oversee transfers,
      Leicester City, Tottenham Hotspur (Technical director responsible for transfers), Chelsea (technical director), Aston Villa are currently looking for a director of football, Graham Carr at Newcastle is not officially a director of football but is responsible for finding a new "head coach" at Newcastle, Sunderland etc. etc and there is this interesting article regarding Southampton

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...r-is-over.html

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
        Will he be doing player contracts as well, has he done something like this before?

We need someone who will stop clubs/players taking us for a ride with both transfer fee and contracts.
        So without paying over the odds on fees and wages, how do you sell QPR to good players?
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
          So without paying over the odds on fees and wages, how do you sell QPR to good players?
          Offer them a free house in Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            Think Tim will work alongside Kevin Bond and Chris Ramsay

Get him out, ASAP...
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              Get him out, ASAP...
              Why do you say that Shania?
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
              X