Just Back - Fairly Positive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Back - Fairly Positive

Yes we lost but that was the first away game this season I thought that we looked like getting something from. Second 45mins we were camped in their half and really dictated the play. If only we could shoot from distance and keep it on target then we would give ourselves half a chance

Was more then happy with the second half performance but we just always seem to make the wrong decision when we should cross the ball we decide to have one more pass, when we should pass or keep the ball we sling it in the box.

Fer was MOM playing in the middle of the park this is where he should remain the remainder of the season ad he looks comfortable there!!!!

Niko apart from his goal was shocking, Barton upped his game.

Now a moan in the last two away games our obsession with pocession football has cost us goals. Today Henry clearly made a mistake but why the Hell does Dunne give him the ball when he has two men up his a rse. Isla had the chance to clear in up the line b ut gave it to Dunne, Dunne should have put his foot through it when he got it from Isla but instead played that extra pass, which I mentioned above, to Henry who is under pressure makes the mistake and Goal. Sometimes just clearing your lines is good defending

Hughes got loads of stick which was good.

Not sure if anyone else in the away ended noticed but there is now a huge rift between the fans and the players its massive and needs sorting immediately if we are to achieve anything this season as its not healthy

Let's talk about the starting XI, the 4-5-1 formation & replacing a LB for a LB when we're chasing a goal.

Comment

Wont argue with that Jimmy starting 11 is not what I would have gone with but with what was on the pitch they had ago particularly second half and were by far the better side second half the problem is the final outcome we lack quality where it counts

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Yes we lost but that was the first away game this season I thought that we looked like getting something from. Second 45mins we were camped in their half and really dictated the play. If only we could shoot from distance and keep it on target then we would give ourselves half a chance

Was more then happy with the second half performance but we just always seem to make the wrong decision when we should cross the ball we decide to have one more pass, when we should pass or keep the ball we sling it in the box.

Fer was MOM playing in the middle of the park this is where he should remain the remainder of the season ad he looks comfortable there!!!!

Now a moan in the last two away games our obsession with pocession football has cost us goals. Today Henry clearly made a mistake but why the Hell does Dunne give him the ball when he has two men up his a rse. Isla had the chance to clear in up the line b ut gave it to Dunne, Dunne should have put his foot through it when he got it from Isla but instead played that extra pass, which I mentioned above, to Henry who is under pressure makes the mistake and Goal. Sometimes just clearing your lines is good defending

Not sure if anyone else in the away ended noticed but there is now a huge rift between the fans and the players its massive and needs sorting immediately if we are to achieve anything this season as its not healthy
        Any elaboration on this?
        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Wont argue with that Jimmy starting 11 is not what I would have gone with but with what was on the pitch they had ago particularly second half and were by far the better side second half the problem is the final outcome we lack quality where it counts
          Agree but why do we have to change things and start playing when we're behind, AGAIN.

Can't we be the ones calling the shots now and again & give ourselves half a chance with the right personnel, formation & tactics?

F arking annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
            Any elaboration on this?
            Was going to start a seperate thread mate. Its just my perception of what I witnessed so will be interesting to see if others picked up on it

Comment

Agree with all that West.

Charlie was the only player who clapped the fans at the start of the game. Stinks of attitude on the players behalf! Thought the fans were first class today.

Couple of points though. The formation being first, 451 with Kranjcar wide? Is Harry having a laugh? We had one sub left, why did he leave Vargas on who had a shocker and has been poor for a while in my opinion? Could have brought Phillips on for him or Caulker on last 5 mins, stick him up front and take a defender off and go long.

Generally happy with the performance and effort but with our remaining games we have to go with an attacking approach. 4231 for me with pacy wingers.

Thought Stoke were terrible and we gifted them all three goals.

Comment

Thanku for the report West...informative as always mate.

Comment

Cheers Bamby just telling it how I saw it. More to be positive about today in comparison to other away efforts and I have slaughtered our efforts away so far

Comment

In fairness Matty. Redknapp came out the tunnel, stopped and turned to the fans & clapped for a good 5-6 seconds which I thought was a good start. Obvs the pressures on him & he's trying to get people inside but ultimately we want to see wins not poxy clapping although it helps relations I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                      In fairness Matty. Redknapp came out the tunnel, stopped and turned to the fans & clapped for a good 5-6 seconds which I thought was a good start. Obvs the pressures on him & he's trying to get people inside but ultimately we want to see wins not poxy clapping although it helps relations I agree.
                      Yeah Harry did Jim, also second half but I thought west meant players. Bond also clapped. Agree about the wins and your points made earlier. Kranjcar selection astounded me.

Comment

Not a r s e licking anyone here but westie is one of the people I read and take heed when he posts. The boy is a die hard and knows his football.

A decent post on the game from someone who posts what he sees without any agenda.

Comment

I do not care who is clapping whom for how many minutes - I want 3 points - has not happened for 5 games

Comment

In the second half we had a go and shown urgency which I did not witness against Everton or Burnley away but the service into Austin and Zamora is more out of hope than constructive play, lets get the ball into the box and pray for a loose ball or Bobby to win a flick on - Barton was unlucky with the free kick and Fer also had a good free kick well saved but we are a team that keep on giving, teams do not have try against us - Henry trying to shield the ball and be clever on the edge of the box for the first goal was a prime example, similar the goals by Burnley born out of defensive frailties.
                            I felt in the first half Hill was getting exposed constantly as Fer will want to drift central. We appeared better balanced when we had Yuk Suk Young and Hoillet on the left, Hoillet does not have an end product but when he does come on provides an outlet and will takes up couple of players out wide to create space.
                            The away fans were class, kept positive, taking the mickey out of our current predicament but 11 out of 11 is shocking. Harry says we shown plenty of effort but that should be the minimum, where is the skill and craft honed on the training ground. Christ what the hell does he and the backroom team do apart from churning out excuse after excuse?
                            I got the bus back into the town centre after the game with the Sjoke fans and overheard a number of fans commenting how poor we are, the worst team to visit the Britannia - Stoke were poor today and yet they still win.
                            I will keep on believing as we are still in the relegation melting pot, hoping we can inject a touch of class in the transfer window. I want my QPR back!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                              Let's talk about the starting XI, the 4-5-1 formation & replacing a LB for a LB when we're chasing a goal.
                              It isn't really a fault withselected.formation but more the players selected. Central midfield was Barton Henry and Krancjar. All over 30 and none either quick in movement or in passing the ball.
                              If Fer played in place of Krancjar, Zararte or Hoilett could play in a more attacking role alongside Vargas in supporting Austin.
                              I do agree though that passing the ball too much in and around their own penalty area is a very stupid and dangerous way to play.

Comment

Working...
                              X