Campbell if he does come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
    And there was me thinking we asked for our money back - To the tune of £5.5m !
    Admittedly, there are 'add ons' which may eventually see us get our outlay back, but they certainly haven't paid us what we asked for...yet !

(Detail courtesy of WLS and some National publications)
    That's my view of it too.
    Surely QPR asked for the amount they paid out for him. add ons might never materalise - what if they include Palace staying up next season wnd Mutch getting a full England cap.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
      Didn't Defoe cost 12 million and that's without his wages.
      No way did Defoe cost a £12M fee. Probably around £5m.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
        Didn't Defoe cost 12 million and that's without his wages.

No !
        (Sorry if that seems abrupt !)

Comment

If we wanted Campbell, we should've and surely would've bid in the summer as he had a low buy out clause of about £600k if I recall.

Comment

This is where we are a joke and clubs like Palace are running their ship better than ours.

Course they are not going to give us one of their strikers who could potentially score goals for us that could potentially see them relegated. Its only us who sell emerging talent to direct rival for less than we brought him for 5 months ago.

Comment

Mutch is not an emerging talent he's 23/24 he's at an age where he should be showing his stuff week in week out not being inconsistent he should be showing his potential if he had any

Emerging talents for me are 18 to 20 year olds

Comment

23/24 is still young in football terms....very harsh to write him off. Players have up and down spells through out their careers...the lads been here 5 minutes and isn't in the richest vain of form I agree.

But to give him the boot right now to me is a joke. As have said no one on here can really say hes been given any sort of run in the team in his natural position. Most of you are judging this lad on 4, 5 or 6 games where hes been played in the wrong role, come on as a sub or harrys chucked in him when experimenting in away game or a fa cup game where hes completely changed the team.

I'm not even sitting here saying Mutch will 100% prove me to be right. He might get a run in the team until the end of season and prove to be pony but he could also find his form from last year and actually be asset to this club. The thing that annoys me is we chose to invest in this lad because we saw talent but have failed to give him the platform to show us.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                  23/24 is still young in football terms....very harsh to write him off. Players have up and down spells through out their careers...the lads been here 5 minutes and isn't in the richest vain of form I agree.

But to give him the boot right now to me is a joke. As have said no one on here can really say hes been given any sort of run in the team in his natural position. Most of you are judging this lad on 4, 5 or 6 games where hes been played in the wrong role, come on as a sub or harrys chucked in him when experimenting in away game or a fa cup game where hes completely changed the team.

I'm not even sitting here saying Mutch will 100% prove me to be right. He might get a run in the team until the end of season and prove to be pony but he could also find his form from last year and actually be asset to this club. The thing that annoys me is we chose to invest in this lad because we saw talent but have failed to give him the platform to show us.
                  Have to agree with this.
                  Seems stupid to sell a (big money? for us) summer signing, at a loss (more than likely knowing us) to one of our relegation rivals.
                  I can think of 5 or 6 other players that should have been sold before Mutch.
                  Just can`t really understand what the club are thinking or are trying to do, maybe they have a replacement lined up that will let us down at the last minute again...
                  Time will tell I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Midgeyboy View Post
                    Have to agree with this.
                    Seems stupid to sell a (big money? for us) summer signing, at a loss (more than likely knowing us) to one of our relegation rivals.
                    I can think of 5 or 6 other players that should have been sold before Mutch.
                    Just can`t really understand what the club are thinking or are trying to do, maybe they have a replacement lined up that will let us down at the last minute again...
                    Time will tell I guess.
                    That's what we have to hope mate. If we sell Mutch and bring someone in like Gestede or even Lennon who we are linked with then maybe we can hold our hands up and say fair enough. Don't like that we sold Mutch buts its enabled us to get a players whos not over the line in a position that we need reinforcing in.

Comment

It's ok selling others but if no one makes an offer for them then they stay. If we need to raise money and mutch is only player with money being offered then you consider the deal. Glad were trying to run like a business for a change instead of keeping player who has been huge letdown plus adding more players to what we already have

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        It's ok selling others but if no one makes an offer for them then they stay. If we need to raise money and mutch is only player with money being offered then you consider the deal. Glad were trying to run like a business for a change instead of keeping player who has been huge letdown plus adding more players to what we already have
                        I agree with your sentiments there West. But lets hope we have sold a prospect in order to bring someone in of a certain ilk and not a crouch or Yakubu type. If losing Mutch when not given a platform at all to perfrom enables us to bring in a quality addition in a position that we are in need of strengthening then even I will say fir play to Harry.

Truth is with Harry you just don't know. He could have a proper little surprise up his sleeve or we just lost a kid with great potentential and replaced him with a ex England international from 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Lets give him a chance

In recent years its been some of our less inspiring signings which have left us rather deflated when announced that have actually stood up and been counted where as the players with the big expectations have let us down big style

Nelson, Dunne, Hill, Derry, Furlong etc never really wet our appetites but their held in higher regard then the so called stars Cesar, Bosingwa and Samba and offered our club so much more value for money then those just mentioned

He's got bags of pace and would offer us something upfront we have been lacking now for two years up top speed and ability to play on the shoulder of defender. Could create more space for Charlie so if he signs he might not be many fans first choice but if he pulls the hoops on he hes 110% support

Worse case scenario would do a job next season if we went down
                          Pardew just denied it........so he's coming then

Comment

Working...
                          X