No announcement yet.

Am I the only one embarrased by these 'fans'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was at Burnley and although I'm too quiet/shy/reserved to go and have a pop at the players like the couple of chaps did yesterday they certainly don't embarrass me at all..... I think what they did was entirely understandable and the players should have just ignored them, put their heads down and slunked off. It was the reaction of the players that's caused the furore in my view.
    I would say that the antics of a younger Rs lad about an hour before kick-off a mile away from ground was embarrassing.... menacing normal Clarets fans, bothering queuing cars at a roundabout (though putting his nut on someone's car window sort of amused me in a surreal way) and generally being a pillock was a tad embarrassing but luckily none of this was caught on camera.
    Ultimately I think you need a thick skin and robust character if you're gonna follow the Rs about.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      P

You don't need to go to have an opinion, but you might think about cutting the poor saps who went to Burnley and lost their rag some slack. Particularly when Dunne abused them too. And especially not refer to them as fans in 'parenthesis'. I think that grossly insulting.
      you're easily insulted then mate. could think of a lot worse things than that with which to be insulted.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
        you're easily insulted then mate. could think of a lot worse things than that with which to be insulted.
        That probably explains why you really shouldn't post on this message board. You should be free to do so, within the rules, but I've no idea why you do. I was referring to them, btw, not me; other fans. But I have formed the opinion that it is only the personal pronoun that is is of interest to you.

Comment

That probably explains why you really shouldn't post on this message board. You should be free to do so, within the rules, but I've no idea why you do. I was referring to them, btw, not me; other fans. But I have formed the opinion that it is only the personal pronoun that is is of interest to you.
          Well, the word association thread is good and also the recent picture association thread is also good entertainment. Match day threads can be top notch entertainment too, dependant of course on how the game is panning out! Hope that helps.

Comment

Well, the word association thread is good and also the recent picture association thread is also good entertainment. Match day threads can be top notch entertainment too, dependant of course on how the game is panning out! Hope that helps.
            Thought as much. Plus it allows you to be gratuitously rude and endlessly offensive to a collection of strangers. A rudeness leavened by the occasional attempt at what you think to be friendly banter. Must be fun. The question is why? But that's all we have time for in this session.

Comment

TW could start a fight in a telephone box.

Comment

Thought as much. Plus it allows you to be gratuitously rude and endlessly offensive to a collection of strangers. A rudeness leavened by the occasional attempt at what you think to be friendly banter. Must be fun. The question is why? But that's all we have time for in this session.
                It's a bit difficult to be rude and offensive on the word association and picture threads isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                  so what are you saying if we finish the season 3pts off 12 place but in 19th it's OK
                  Where have I said it's ok? I'm giving facts and not going into meltdown like the majority of this board. If there was a decent option to replace Harry, I'd go for it, sadly there isn't! I just read a thread with someone suggesting Kenny Jacket ffs!

As I said previously, whilst the league is so tight and the players are fighting for the manager, there is no way the board will sack him!

People need to get on with it because it's turning into the Hughes situation again when it feels like our fans can't wait for us to fail so they can get on Harry's back!

Comment

Originally posted by Jogo View Post
                    TW could start a fight in a telephone box.
                    Not into fights mate. That's for the knuckle draggers who cannot express themselves verbally.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                      You're clueless regarding the Adel situation. You may be correct but nobody knows for certain.

I did find his comments regarding Leicester and Burnley #### poor though and it doesn't wash with anyone.

I understand the dislike towards him but the question is who's better? There is no one available. Sherwood has 5 months experience for example. McClaren and Howe wouldn't leave their clubs.

At the end of the day, we're 3 points from 12th, something everyone would have taken in August but on the flip side, we're 19th, something no one would have taken.

It's a difficult situation for the owners. Is squad harmony good? Do they want to fight for Harry? Given our home results, I'd say yes. Personally I can't see Harry getting the boot.
                      By the time we get those 3 points, we'll be a long way from 12th place

Comment

Where have I said it's ok? I'm giving facts and not going into meltdown like the majority of this board. If there was a decent option to replace Harry, I'd go for it, sadly there isn't! I just read a thread with someone suggesting Kenny Jacket ffs!

As I said previously, whilst the league is so tight and the players are fighting for the manager, there is no way the board will sack him!

People need to get on with it because it's turning into the Hughes situation again when it feels like our fans can't wait for us to fail so they can get on Harry's back!
                        We are quickly turning what should be a 38 game season into a 19 game season based solely on home games because we are so abysmal away from the Bush. How does losing 11 games on the trot away from home demonstrate players fighting for the manager???

Comment

Not into fights mate. That's for the knuckle draggers who cannot express themselves verbally.
                          Have to admit I find you quite entertaining in a really irritating way

Comment

As I stated at the back end of last season when we limped over the line to promotion, it has been costing upwards of £3k a season to follow the team home and away for the past few years and yes that is my choice but all I ask for is a little committment from the players to try and win the game just like I show to buy Train & Match tickets then get into London to catch trains around the country. These players have everything done for them so to show a bit of passion collectively and to put on a show for us can't be that hard, .......can it !!!

Comment

if what they are doing is fighting for there manager we are in it big time ,I was hoping from now on in ,thet MIGHT show a bit of fight
                              Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by Jogo View Post
                                Have to admit I find you quite entertaining in a really irritating way
                                thanks Jogo mate!

Comment

Working...
                                X