Away Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
    More do with the attitude of Redknapp and the players when it comes to away games

They see it as a bonus game and they are defeated before they even set foot on the pitch

Also this isn't a new thing under Redkanpp he has been too negative away from home since day 1
    Except our first win under redknapp was away at Fulham and then we won away at chelsea if im not mistaken
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
      Our ground is small, but the pitch is the same as any other give or take a yard or two and a few blades of grass missing on ours.
      Actually, I think you may be wrong there. There is a range of potential pitch sizes to my understanding and it does have a massive effect on the way teams play, even that few yards you suggested could be the difference. This gives a good explanation as to the potential issues surrounding pitch sizes:
      http://www.theguardian.com/football/...ze-does-matter
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

" we'll you know it's differcult it's differcult " the lads have been triffic at home fantastic
        R's

Comment

The interview Richard Dunne done today in papers more or less says it's how Harry has sent them out away from home to be defensive said he hopes Saturday there allowed to attack

It's harrys tactics last season he deployed exact same strategy and after millwall Stopped our clean sheet streak we never won that many more away games this season away is a continuation of last season away be defensive, be compact and hopefully keep clean sheet so you get at least a point, catch them on break and take all three. That's the strategy away

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            Except our first win under redknapp was away at Fulham and then we won away at chelsea if im not mistaken
            We never beat fulham away it was at home. He's won in the top flight with us about 3 away games in about 20 25 games

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              We never beat fulham away it was at home. He's won in the top flight with us about 3 away games in about 20 25 games
              Ahh my bad, I wasn't able to make that game owing to illness so thought it was away haha.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                Ahh my bad, I wasn't able to make that game owing to illness so thought it was away haha.
                Away we were three nil down at half time but made a game of it second half but Remy missed pen. I wish we had won at Fulham

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                  I think it's more a case that the Manager for whatever reason goes into away games with a defeatist mentality which rubs off on the team and reflected in the way we've played and performed.

Rather than looking at the game and working out a plan of how we can hurt them and win the game, he is clearly focused on trying to negate their stengths and prevent them scoring in the hope we dont lose and as such maybe nick a point.... this is the Premier League FFS, where most teams, including us, on their day have the tools to beat anyone ,but that wont happen unless you go into the game trying to win it!!
                  Excuses but I do agree with Del.

Comment

Never had a manager tell me let's hope for a point today and I'm a great swimmer
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Working...
                    X