St james's park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St james's park

Has anybody else been there i was there in 1985 when gazza made his newcastle debut comming on as sub but he didnt stop the R's winning 3-1 thou.The ground has changed a tad since i was there so really looking forward to going back on wed.will be my 1st game of the season
    Last edited by martyhoop; 28-09-2009, 10:51 PM.

QPR V Newcastle Memories

Whats your either home and away??

we have one game on our classic section, when Keegan played for them on the astroturf.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/c...ssic_video.htm
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

sir les on his return tearing us apart and hitting the back of the net:cry:
      Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

newcastle at home in 1984 on the plastic pitch 5-5 one of the best games ive seen at loftus rd
        Last edited by martyhoop; 28-09-2009, 10:36 PM.

Comment

The 5-5 is the most memorable by some distance.
          We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Didn't we win up there once with Jan Stejskal saving a last minute penalty?

Don't want to talk about omens buy what nationality is our keeper now?

Comment

Yeah I was there, I've seen us win there a couple of other times too.
              Once when we'd just been promoted in 73, there were some Geordies in front of us (no away fan section in them days) saw Terry Mancini in our defence with Frank McLintock and said "Fook me, they got soom reet old #######s at the back, man!" and sat back to enjoy us get walloped.
              But we were 2-0 up after 5 minutes, that shut em up! Won 3-2 in the end.
              And the last time I went was when Jan Stejskal saved a last minute penalty as we won 2-1. Happy days
              Shan't be there on Wednesday, hope all those going have a great time.

Comment

Doing them at their place quite comfortably in the mid-eighties was great but it has to be the 5-5. And to think I had to forcibly restrain my brother from going home at half time...

Comment

Originally posted by dpmd View Post
                  Didn't we win up there once with Jan Stejskal saving a last minute penalty?

Don't want to talk about omens buy what nationality is our keeper now?
                  Yeah I was there with Colin the Geordie, he was in the away section having lost on the toss of a coin, otherwise I'd have been in wi the Toon.
                  He had to contain himself when they got the pen, then was the only one in our section not going mental when Jan saved the pen! Nobody bothered....

Comment

last time i went to ST James the coach station was across the rd from the ground,there was still standing,and death alleywas down the side of ground with petrols dear but not to dear to burn ****neys sprayed on it.
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

When Stan scored the winner in last 3 mins at their place 1976.
                      When he celebrated in front of Malcom Macdonald best away day experience ever!

Comment

Got the train up there for Keegans debut as a player in '82.
                        We lost 1-0.. guess who scored.

But we went on to win the league by 10 points... so they can have that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbo View Post
                          Got the train up there for Keegans debut as a player in '82.
                          We lost 1-0.. guess who scored.

But we went on to win the league by 10 points... so they can have that one.
                          That remains one of the most memorable away days ever for me - not for the game or the result but for the absolute frenzy of the geordie fans, crazy crazy day.
                          As for the playing side, the 5 5 draw will take some beating in terms of come backs.
                          #standuptocancer
                          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I was there in the first round of the Carling cup this season;D and will be going to the other one tomorrow..
                            Don't you just love Gianni "I've never done nothing wrong for this club" Paladini..

Comment

The 5-5 game is my fave game ever, then 6-0 against chelski followed by the Oldham play-off win
                              Don't you just love Gianni "I've never done nothing wrong for this club" Paladini..

Comment

Working...
                              X