Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Remy

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • stan_bowles
    CCG
    • Mar 2009
    • 8391

    #31
    Originally posted by Tarbie
    The same Demba Ba that has scored more than a goal every 2 games for Besiktas? Why would they let him leave?
    Not unless we go down the silly money route yet again.

    Comment

    • Mattyqpr
      Silver Seat
      • Jul 2009
      • 3576

      #32
      Originally posted by stan_bowles
      Getting a medal for being in a 25 man squad without hardly playing is not really 'winning as much as possible in a short career'.

      Should go back to the old days of awarding medals.

      Plus he was only willing to sign as time was running out.
      Do you think he expected to be 3rd choice? Do you think he would have left knowing what he does now? No chance!

      Time was running out for what? There was no need for him to sign a new contract! The contract was for our club to remove the clause or significantly increase it.

      Comment

      • QprQpr
        Wealdstone Raider
        • Jan 2014
        • 1106

        #33
        Originally posted by stan_bowles
        We have dug a hole and can't afford to go down.

        In a vicious circle now in needing to spend to stay up,yet we really need to reduce the wage bill.
        That's easier said than done when we have leeches like swp and the fat Moroccan

        Comment

        • Mattyqpr
          Silver Seat
          • Jul 2009
          • 3576

          #34
          Originally posted by Tarbie
          The same Demba Ba that has scored more than a goal every 2 games for Besiktas? Why would they let him leave?
          Clubs in Turkey are financially in a mess, not sure what the situation is with Besiktas mind.

          Comment

          • stan_bowles
            CCG
            • Mar 2009
            • 8391

            #35
            Originally posted by Mattyqpr
            Do you think he expected to be 3rd choice? Do you think he would have left knowing what he does now? No chance!

            Time was running out for what? There was no need for him to sign a new contract! The contract was for our club to remove the clause or significantly increase it.
            Time was running out for a move to a big club in the window.

            Was never gonna be ahead of Costa in their one up front system.

            Comment

            • Mattyqpr
              Silver Seat
              • Jul 2009
              • 3576

              #36
              Originally posted by stan_bowles
              Time was running out for a move to a big club in the window.

              Was never gonna be ahead of Costa in their one up front system.
              So? Why would that make him sign a new contract knowing that the clause would be removed. He could have refused a new deal, stayed until January, then got his move.

              Agreed but he still would have thought he'd be second choice and getting games quite often.

              Comment

              • dsqpr
                Silver Seat
                • Sep 2012
                • 3433

                #37
                Would love to see Remy back, he could be the difference between staying up and going down!

                I don't harbour any ill feeling towards him, I think he did his best for us and in the end did what most players would have done in his place. I can't blame him for wanting to play for one of the "big four" teams.
                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

                Comment

                • Mattyqpr
                  Silver Seat
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 3576

                  #38
                  Originally posted by dsqpr
                  Would love to see Remy back, he could be the difference between staying up and going down!

                  I don't harbour any ill feeling towards him, I think he did his best for us and in the end did what most players would have done in his place. I can't blame him for wanting to play for one of the "big four" teams.
                  Spot on mate

                  Comment

                  • Ginger Ninja
                    W12 Seat
                    • Jan 2010
                    • 17458

                    #39
                    Originally posted by dsqpr
                    Would love to see Remy back, he could be the difference between staying up and going down!

                    I don't harbour any ill feeling towards him, I think he did his best for us and in the end did what most players would have done in his place. I can't blame him for wanting to play for one of the "big four" teams.
                    This. I'd welcome him back but its not going to happen unfortunately.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

                    Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

                    Summer Transfers 2019

                    IN


                    OUT

                    Comment

                    • Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
                      Gold Seat
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 8957

                      #40
                      Good. Let the c*** rot. He's moved on, we've moved on.

                      Comment

                      • Tarbie
                        Gold Seat
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 8542

                        #41
                        Originally posted by dsqpr
                        Would love to see Remy back, he could be the difference between staying up and going down!

                        I don't harbour any ill feeling towards him, I think he did his best for us and in the end did what most players would have done in his place. I can't blame him for wanting to play for one of the "big four" teams.
                        Agree totally.

                        Some of the hostility towards him on here really is just daft!

                        Comment

                        • Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
                          Gold Seat
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 8957

                          #42
                          Originally posted by Tarbie
                          Agree totally.

                          Some of the hostility towards him on here really is just daft!
                          Yea lets all lick a players a rse who played a mighty 16 times for QPR with an unreal return of 6 yes SIX goals.

                          Some people need to get a grip to be honest. It's desperate. As said previously. He's moved on, as have we.

                          Comment

                          • MyWord
                            Bronze Seat
                            • Mar 2012
                            • 380

                            #43
                            Originally posted by dsqpr
                            Would love to see Remy back, he could be the difference between staying up and going down!

                            I don't harbour any ill feeling towards him, I think he did his best for us and in the end did what most players would have done in his place. I can't blame him for wanting to play for one of the "big four" teams.
                            Totally agree. Great player
                            "I could think of a number of what I think would be interesting (and not even "gotcha") questions. But they wont be asked"

                            Fans forum ?

                            Comment

                            • Tarbie
                              Gold Seat
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 8542

                              #44
                              Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit
                              Yea lets all lick a players a rse who played a mighty 16 times for QPR with an unreal return of 6 yes SIX goals.

                              Some people need to get a grip to be honest. It's desperate. As said previously. He's moved on, as have we.
                              Who's licking anyone's ar*e?

                              All I'm saying is the hostility towards him is ridiculous. He's a player who was clearly always going to go onto bigger things than playing for QPR. A Champions League side came in for him and he left............is that really a reason for fans to label him a joudas or whatever else?

                              You may be right about him scoring 6 out of 16 appearances for us but I think you also have to look at the context of those goals. Most of the squad were under performing, the dressing room was toxic and the team was playing badly. Remy did a damn sight more for us that season that season than a lot of players that do genuinely get their ar*es licked on this site!

                              Don't understand any genuine fan who wouldn't want Remy back on loan, the team is crying out for another goalscorer right now!

                              Comment

                              • Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
                                Gold Seat
                                • Sep 2012
                                • 8957

                                #45
                                I'm neither here nor there. As I've said twice, he decided to move on so that's fine by me. Made his decision with no regard for us on the eve of the season.

                                16 games & some treat him like some club legend. If he came back & scored goals fine. If he doesn't, fine.

                                Won't happen anyway.

                                Comment

                                Working...