No announcement yet.

BBC On who should be England Striker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats why i dont want him injured in some micky mouse england game, not while he iswearing a qpr shirt, and it makes it harder for us to keep hold of him, especially if he does well, and he will..

Comment

Speaking of Ings, Burnley forum has a thread on talking about Austin and us, and how it would be great in a parallel universe if Austin and Ings could play together. If I could be bothered, I'd register to post a possible answer to that!

Ings and Austin up top for us, lethal

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
        Speaking of Ings, Burnley forum has a thread on talking about Austin and us, and how it would be great in a parallel universe if Austin and Ings could play together. If I could be bothered, I'd register to post a possible answer to that!

Ings and Austin up top for us, lethal
        Vargas and Austin is probably better with the right service tbh...
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

There will be lots of talk of Austin for England and no doubt a bigger club. But I think he is one of those players who has found his level with us and is excelling. Look at Ricky Lambert, looked great for Southampton. Then asked to lead the line for Liverpool and England and it suddenly all looked a bit too much for him.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
            There will be lots of talk of Austin for England and no doubt a bigger club. But I think he is one of those players who has found his level with us and is excelling. Look at Ricky Lambert, looked great for Southampton. Then asked to lead the line for Liverpool and England and it suddenly all looked a bit too much for him.
            good point......tbh any one of all those mentioned should get in ahead of Lambert. Only in the squad cos he is on Liverpools books.

Comment

Austin does deserves a call up though, but I think he has a long wait as I don't think England play again until March?
              Friendly Internationals should be a chance for others to be given a chance, like the old days of the England B games

Comment

Fair points both.

I just think back to some of our players who have represented England - Gregory, Fenwick, Parker - don't like our players to be made to look a bit average.

Comment

Fair points both.

I just think back to some of our players who have represented England - Gregory, Fenwick, Parker - don't like our players to be made to look a bit average.
                  Charlie does deserve a chance, as the stats show.
                  But personally he needs to wrapped up in cotton wool, with maybe a layer of Bubble Wrap as well!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                    Charlie does deserve a chance, as the stats show.
                    But personally he needs to wrapped up in cotton wool, with maybe a layer of Bubble Wrap as well!!!
                    Agree. Hard to think of another club so dependent on one player as we are. Was injured for a significant chunk of last season after Christmas and our form plummeted. Huge pressure on the new striker to potentially fill some very big boots.

Comment

Surely it should be the only English player in the top 10 list of top scorers in Europe's best leagues?

C.Ronaldo [25]
                      Lacazette [17]
                      Messi [15]
                      Agüero [14]
                      Meier [13]
                      Gignac [12]
                      Costa [12]
                      Austin [11]
                      Neymar [11]
                      Sanchez [10]
                      Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 22-12-2014, 01:38 AM.
                      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Agree. Hard to think of another club so dependent on one player as we are. Was injured for a significant chunk of last season after Christmas and our form plummeted. Huge pressure on the new striker to potentially fill some very big boots.
                        Yep, he has had a direct contribution to 13 of our 20 league goals this season (65 %), which is significantly more than anyone else in the league. Just shows how important he is for us.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          Yep, he has had a direct contribution to 13 of our 20 league goals this season (65 %), which is significantly more than anyone else in the league. Just shows how important he is for us.
                          That's why I don't believe Harry saying that we will only make a couple of loan signings in Jan.
                          We won't go into the second half of season without a backup for Austin.

Personally, I think we will sign Defoe and Keane will be a loan.

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                            if austin can play foe england so can i
                            What number do you want Facto?
                            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Austin deserves his shot. Most inform English striker. Carroll has been out of action fro months and should have to earn his place back. I would take Charlie over Carroll every day of the week.

Would love to see Austin play for England as a QPR player. Would be a proud day.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                                Surely it should be the only English player in the top 10 list of top scorers in Europe's best leagues?

C.Ronaldo [25]
                                Lacazette [17]
                                Messi [15]
                                Agüero [14]
                                Meier [13]
                                Gignac [12]
                                Costa [12]
                                Austin [11]
                                Neymar [11]
                                Sanchez [10]
                                Bl00dy hell look at Ronaldo! 25 goals before Xmas.

Charlie deserves a call up but he is miles behind Sturridge and Rooney who will be Englands strikers for years to come playing poorly or not.
                                @chrisrobson9

Comment

Working...
                                X