we STILL need a quality striker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we STILL need a quality striker

to make the play offs,we will need quality in the final 3rd,im not saying simpson and vine are poor,but neither are QUALITY strikers,and anyway one will pick up an injury at some stage and we will be short.please note i have deliberatly posted this after we scored 5 yesterday,but none were scored by a striker,that 5th goal was an og.WE WILL NEED ANOTHER STRIKER,and this will become apparent AGAIN to everyone in the next few weeks.A bit of praise for Magilton,he 'appears" to have his best 11 sorted at last,so well done.

nothing against pellicori.. just dont feel comfortable having him on bench.. which says bundles for agyemang. id actually rather we had helguson on the bench.
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Top post and I fully agree, but Pete still doesn't. I spoke to him after the game and he laughed when I mentioned it. No matter how well Vine and Simpson play, neither are out and out scorers. As I said before, they both seem to have struck a good understanding and link up together well, but the fact neither are clinical is what worries me. I have no idea why Pete feels it's acceptable for a team with promotion aspirations to have just two strikers (let's forget aggy and the pellican), neither of which are prolific?

An injury to either of our front two and we're in trouble as the midfield (as good as they are) won't be able to chip in with goals all the time as it's not really their job week in week out.

IMO, we could still do with 2 more strikers, but one goal scorer would make a world of difference to our teams fortunes.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Was the last goal an o.g - I thought it was Simpson?

Matthew, I made a similar post after Cardif and was told that as we were one a "winning run" - then of one game, now of two - apparently we don't need a striker...

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

Matthew, I made a similar post after Cardif and was told that as we were one a "winning run" - then of one game, now of two - apparently we don't need a striker...
          Yep...I think what was said was along the lines of 'while we're winning, thres no need for another striker'

I see...so strength and depth is not important for a promotion chasing club?!
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Maybe as back-up, but you cannot get a a striker in and say

you can only play when Vine or Simpson is injured"

So, its a waiting game.

By the way, we scored 5 so its not that urgent.
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

But the only two proper strikers we have at the club are a talented kid and another who has been out for a year with an injury and goal-scoring record for us is - what? - about six goals in 40 games I wd say as a complete guess. Any promotion winning team has at least four decent strikers. Plse cd you name me one team that has ever got promotion with as little up front as we have?

Comment

As I said, if we get an injury then probably we 'll get one in, but the point of bringing someone in is for them to play, they wouldn't get in now?
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Prehaps if the Mittals take us over, that sort of policy where you wait for an injury and not go out and get a class striker to bring in work with the squad and be ready to slip in without having to get to know your team mates.

What a farking ridiculas way to run a football club.
                  They seek him here.................

Comment

So Pete you think its a healthy state of affairs that Simpson doesn't even need to look at the team sheet - he knows his name is on it?

Comment

It worries me we are waiting to have the problem of being short through injury before we act and go out and get some...

We need to be more pro active and go and get someone before the problem arises...

I love Vine dont get me wrong, but if we have the chance we must bring someone in, if there better than what we got than so be it, one of our starting front 2 (prob vine, seeing as simpson is in better form) will have to be dropped...
                      Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Agree with Benny, Rangered and others I'm afraid. Assuming we aren't bringing anyone in a lot will rest on the shoulders of Tarabt to see if he can fit into the team and score some goals.

Pete - does this lack of interest in a striker extend to the Jan transfer window or are we simply not bothering with a loan meanwhile?

Comment

Agree Matt. I still feel another striker should come in, but then again like Pete said, you cant say to a striker you'll only play when one of our starters is injured, so it's hard at the mo.
                          We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

simpsons shot was deflected in off a barnsley player,so it could have been given as an og.Pete changes his mind from week to week,and he will say anything to start a debate,so i wouldnt take much notice,he nearly always ends up with egg on his face,remember his thread at the start of the season about Helguson,and MANY more like it ,eg"we will reach 70 points and it WILL be enough(for play offs)",i rest my case

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...ad.php?t=25057

Comment

As Ade said earlier, I'd play Vine wide left where he operates better and bring in another striker as competition for Simpson. Then play Buzz in the hole where he's even more effective than he is wide left. Doing that, for me, would make us unbeatable in this division.

Comment

Working...
                              X