Harold Winton lifetime acheivement award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harold Winton lifetime acheivement award

Nice to see him given a lifetime acheivement award from the club today, if anyone deserves one he does.

However I am very dissapointed that this was done at 2:50 when the ground had less that half the fans in and also while he was walking round the applause was dronw out as they switched the PA back on with some pop/disco music

Really could this have been done at half time so that he could have received the the aclaim he deserved. I bet half the people came out of that match not realising it had even happened.

Well done Harold anyway, am sure the goals and result helped to make your day.
    its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Congratulations to Harold I missed it and it's true I didn't even know about it.

Comment

I will second that Peter, he has done so much over many many years for QPR and like most things should have been done better.
      Well done Harold, an award most deserved.

Comment

When the club was on it's knee's that family stepped forward.

Harold and the entire Winton family, from me and the fan base, cheers lads
        you are QPR
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

yes well done sir,
          QPR BORN AND BRED

Comment

I missed it as well!

Poor Harold has not been well in recent months, but what he and his family did for our club when we were on our knees should never be forgotten.
            First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Great gesture by the club and Matt Winton has mentioned elsewhere that it was in fact Gianni who arranged this.

Lets all hope that Harold gets well soon and becomes a regular again at Loftus Rd.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                Great gesture by the club and Matt Winton has mentioned elsewhere that it was in fact Gianni who arranged this.

Lets all hope that Harold gets well soon and becomes a regular again at Loftus Rd.
                Yep,Gianni was on the pitch as well.

Two fella's who have done alot for Ranger's.

Comment

seems like more proff they read these message boards as i started this thread on the 11th. http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...ad.php?t=29474
                  Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
                    Yep,Gianni was on the pitch as well.

Two fella's who have done alot for Ranger's.
                    I'm glad someone brought this topic up as it reminded me of my thoughts at the time. Remembering back to the thread about GP and Amit last week and the pathetic suggestion that the applause was exclusively for Amit - I guess the Paladini bashing brigade was all absent at 2.50 on Saturday as when GP was introduced onto the pitch to present the award there was nothing but applause, no booing just applause........some of those not in their seats at the time were no doubt tying away on their message board (no link from me to the appropriate blog) and others were probably in the pub plotting the next weeks instalments of GP bashing - others of course were just gutted they missed out on booing GP so saved it up and gave it to Adel instead :anger:
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                      ....as when GP was introduced onto the pitch to present the award there was nothing but applause, no booing just applause........
                      No, they were applauding Spark The Tiger, who was stood nearby GP.

I know, because I've asked everyone on the internet, and they all confirmed this.

Let's have a 10 page argument that can't be won or lost, and then we can move on to the next "Who was booing/clapping who, and when/why/who was doing the booing/clapping" debate.

Ya ya ya ya ya ya, boo, boo, boo, boo, boo, hiss, hiss, hisssssssss, pass the f***ing thing, boo, boo, hooray, hoorah, booooo, schmooo, etc....

(PS...Well done Harold, nice one)

Comment

Pleased to see their contribution has been noted and awarded.

Great gesture form the club.
                        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                          I'm glad someone brought this topic up as it reminded me of my thoughts at the time. Remembering back to the thread about GP and Amit last week and the pathetic suggestion that the applause was exclusively for Amit - I guess the Paladini bashing brigade was all absent at 2.50 on Saturday as when GP was introduced onto the pitch to present the award there was nothing but applause, no booing just applause........some of those not in their seats at the time were no doubt tying away on their message board (no link from me to the appropriate blog) and others were probably in the pub plotting the next weeks instalments of GP bashing - others of course were just gutted they missed out on booing GP so saved it up and gave it to Adel instead :anger:
                          Post of the week so far without a doubt and a certain someone is still ignoring the point that GP arranged this despite Matt Winton confirming it

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                            Post of the week so far without a doubt and a certain someone is still ignoring the point that GP arranged this despite Matt Winton confirming it
                            Thanks Isleworth - even if it is only monday morning
                            We can of course guess the replies and who will post them and much as it's getting so boring to read, I really thought it was worth mentioning.
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                            X