No announcement yet.

Rio set for new defensive-midfield role

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would be do that? We have Henry & Sandor performing well in there, with Barton to come back. I could understand it if we were struggling for CMs, but this just stinks of doing anything to accomodate Rio after him showing himself to be shot as a CB.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
      Why would be do that? We have Henry & Sandor performing well in there, with Barton to come back. I could understand it if we were struggling for CMs, but this just stinks of doing anything to accomodate Rio after him showing himself to be shot as a CB.
      Taste it and see we've all had a taste of humble one way or another this season

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
        I was thinking the problem could be that he didn't do a full preseason?
        Cop yourself on you saw the games he played surely you noticed the absence of any sort of m/f cover ,now do what the knockers wont do tell me which defenders played any better in those games please ????

Comment

Personally think it is a great idea though he should only play if Sandro, Henry or Barton are injured

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Personally think it is a great idea though he should only play if Sandro, Henry or Barton are injured
            Yeah that's it Mushy , he's got to wait for his chance ie to come off the bench to maybe bolster the defence protect a point if a team is getting on top of us or just as a sub d/m or c/h

Comment

Really not a fan of the idea of Rio playing in a more midfield role. Seems to me a bit of unnecessary experimenting, why change a good thing?... I mean our defence and midfield are now slowly starting to click, why risk upsetting the balance of the team.... Ok it 'could' give us more options, but IMO these are options we don't need at the moment!
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                Really not a fan of the idea of Rio playing in a more midfield role. Seems to me a bit of unnecessary experimenting, why change a good thing?... I mean our defence and midfield are now slowly starting to click, why risk upsetting the balance of the team.... Ok it 'could' give us more options, but IMO these are options we don't need at the moment!
                H isn't mug enough to change for change sake but there's no harm in having alternate plans in hand

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                  H isn't mug enough to change for change sake but there's no harm in having alternate plans in hand
                  I agree with what your saying, but I cant think of a time where we would have needed to switch to this. 'IF true and IF it happens' it would seem to me that HR would be playing this formation for the sake of bringing Rio into the game.
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                    I agree with what your saying, but I cant think of a time where we would have needed to switch to this. 'IF true and IF it happens' it would seem to me that HR would be playing this formation for the sake of bringing Rio into the game.
                    Phillips SWP Traore Hoilet have all made the bench and been poor subs so what's the harm in having Reo on the bench who maybe can flill 2 roles if need be , weather we like it or not Reo will be back in the side one way or another during the season but lets wait and see if H will makes changes just to make room for Reo personally I dot think he will
                    Last edited by dogsrrs; 03-11-2014, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X