David Dein and QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Dein and QPR

What our club has lacked since we had our pants pulled down by Kia etc is a proper football man who knows football how it works and how to play the system. In TF and the other board members we do have owners whose hearts and intentions for our club are good and they are assets to us but for all their enthusiasm they lack the knowledge of how to run a football club

Yes they know how to run big businesses but QPR small in comparison to their normal adventures is a bigger job, more complex, more hassle for less reward.

For me step forward David Dein a man who knows the game inside out and knows how to run the football side of the club. If TF could get him involved in our club in some capacity then I really think we could start going places.

Now I know since leaving Arsenal he has said he is enjoying his time away and would only come back to Arsenal as he is a fan but if we could persuade him to do a consultancy role or work with us for a fixed period to set the club up going forwards then perhaps something could be sorted i.e. persuade him to do a two year job with the intention of someone like Sir Les being his understudy learning from him so when he steps aside Les takes over or even a part time role at the club of a few days a week but more hands on around transfer period (would rather someone like him doing part time consultancy role and adding real value then Hoddle who is more interested in being on the panel on Sky)

Dein being out the game with his wealth of knowledge is a waste and I would love to see the club make an effort to try and get him involved in some capacity. I have no doubt that the likes of Dein, TF and Amit mix in the same social circles and perhaps friendships already exist. If we could get Dein or someone like him on board it could be as important and influential as any player signing

Think this is a really good call. It would not upset managers like bringing in a footballing direct

Comment

Remind me what Les Ferdinand job is

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post
        Remind me what Les Ferdinand job is
        Lol, are you comparing Les to the knowhow of Dein, a great shout by the OP, please get on to the club!
        Kept the faith!

Comment

Not a cat in chances hell mate.

Nice idea but our club is a state at the moment & I can't see a man with his standing in the game even contemplating QPR & who could blame him? Especially not with such a strong ex Tottenham contingent on the books!

Agree though 100% needs a football man at the top. Someone who knows players worth contract wise at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
            Not a cat in chances hell mate.

Nice idea but our club is a state at the moment & I can't see a man with his standing in the game even contemplating QPR & who could blame him? Especially not with such a strong ex Tottenham contingent on the books!

Agree though 100% needs a football man at the top. Someone who knows players worth contract wise at least.
            Hence why perhaps a consultancy role could be considered someone for les to approach and sound out

Comment

DD used to run a team out of Latimer Rd called Deins Utd
              Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                DD used to run a team out of Latimer Rd called Deins Utd
                His old man ran fruit and veg out of the bush I think?
                Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  What our club has lacked since we had our pants pulled down by Kia etc is a proper football man who knows football how it works and how to play the system. In TF and the other board members we do have owners whose hearts and intentions for our club are good and they are assets to us but for all their enthusiasm they lack the knowledge of how to run a football club

Yes they know how to run big businesses but QPR small in comparison to their normal adventures is a bigger job, more complex, more hassle for less reward.

For me step forward David Dein a man who knows the game inside out and knows how to run the football side of the club. If TF could get him involved in our club in some capacity then I really think we could start going places.

Now I know since leaving Arsenal he has said he is enjoying his time away and would only come back to Arsenal as he is a fan but if we could persuade him to do a consultancy role or work with us for a fixed period to set the club up going forwards then perhaps something could be sorted i.e. persuade him to do a two year job with the intention of someone like Sir Les being his understudy learning from him so when he steps aside Les takes over or even a part time role at the club of a few days a week but more hands on around transfer period (would rather someone like him doing part time consultancy role and adding real value then Hoddle who is more interested in being on the panel on Sky)

Dein being out the game with his wealth of knowledge is a waste and I would love to see the club make an effort to try and get him involved in some capacity. I have no doubt that the likes of Dein, TF and Amit mix in the same social circles and perhaps friendships already exist. If we could get Dein or someone like him on board it could be as important and influential as any player signing
                  Spot on with regards to the sort of person we should be looking at to be invoilved with the club, but he would never come. Personally as much as i love Les for what he did on the pitch, his appointment in such a role was for me ridiculous. He has no credentials whatsoever for such a placement and it's just a case of giving a fans favourite a role at the club... pointless. I assume by such a position, he would technically be the boss of both Harry and hoddle, which is laughable when all he's done is be a bit part attacking coach at Spurs!

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                    Spot on with regards to the sort of person we should be looking at to be invoilved with the club, but he would never come. Personally as much as i love Les for what he did on the pitch, his appointment in such a role was for me ridiculous. He has no credentials whatsoever for such a placement and it's just a case of giving a fans favourite a role at the club... pointless. I assume by such a position, he would technically be the boss of both Harry and hoddle, which is laughable when all he's done is be a bit part attacking coach at Spurs!
                    Can see where you are coming from but could work for us. He has served his coaching apprenticeship, has an affiliation with the club and is separate from the management so if 'Arry and Co goes the shape of the pear he will still be there. I have no doubt at least partly a political appointment but gives Tony a footballing man with a real interest in the club who can offer some stability in that role.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                      !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X