X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expect another high scoring game against Villa.. they cant defend either

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
      You can only play the team in front of you. Liverpool are SHOCKING defensively and Rodgers is getting exposed this year. He can't play possession based football from the back when he's got guys like Enrique, Lovren, Skrtel, Can, Balotelli, even Gerrard, who are more suited too a direct style.

I think yesterday was a match between 2 teams who cannot defend, and we will both pay for it over the season. Most teams we face will be better organised than Liverpool, and it will be harder to score goals than yesterday. We still need to be so much more clinical when attacking.

But we did show signs of improvement - Zamora HAS to start when possible, Vargas needs needs more minutes, Ned should be a constant in our side, Fer & Sandro are improving, McCarthy should be #1, and Arry is possibly finally hopefully changing some of his ways.

Sadly I think we're still amongst the worst 3 teams in the league and Arry will be back to his old tricks soon. TF shouldn't get too carried away by yesterday's performance - we still lost at home against a side that were an absolute mess, serving us chances on a silver platter, and that's relegation form.
      I think having spent £155m they should be a bit better than us don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
        QPR have spent more than £50M on the squad;
        McCarthy 3M - Traore 1M - Caulker 8M - Onouha 4M - Sandro 10M - Fer 8M - Henry 1M - Austin 4M - Zamora 6M - Phillips 4M - Hoilett 4M - Mutch 6M - Yun £?? SWP 4M

Dunne - Green - Hill free
        Isla - Vargas loan

some teams have perhaps spent less than QPR but are not making excuses and playing better.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
          Of course, but that's not my point. Yesterday was a match between 2 very bad sides, and it reminded me of the Hull match. We lost at home to a dodgy side in poor form, and that is relegation form. For all the 'fight' we displayed we still have the worst defence in the league and keep failing to score even when we're on top. Arry still has to go IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
            Of course, but that's not my point. Yesterday was a match between 2 very bad sides, and it reminded me of the Hull match. We lost at home to a dodgy side in poor form, and that is relegation form. For all the 'fight' we displayed we still have the worst defence in the league and keep failing to score even when we're on top. Arry still has to go IMO.
            i must have been watching a different game thought we played well, we were not letting liverpool play instead of our usual standing off, we played good attacking football, they were hardly in our half the first 45.

Comment

Working...
            X