The anti-Flav bandwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The anti-Flav bandwagon

A really good post by Dylan on LFW, should read it.

More...

Okay, I listened to the whole episode on the F1 site (the link I put up the other night) this was all recorded and anyone can listen to it. Two things struck me

1. Mosley would defend Piquet Jnr, whenever he spoke. I'm not convinced that Alonso didn't know either and even said he couldn't remember who witness X was and he was pivotal to the case against Flavio. He kept referring to him being in meetings with Symonds and Flavio Briartore. He was basically guilty before it even started. Piquet was very methodical with truth, claiming he could not remember certain events. This is one of the most dramatic events in sport and he could not remember what was asked of him? He was given a very easy time by Mosley

2. Ecclestone asked one question to Piquet. "if you had known the day before, would you have told anyone" he replied he would. I think, if anything happens in the future, Flavio might use this. It seems to me, he probably knew about well before the race and not a couple of hours before like he claims.

I have no doubt, Briartore will appeal to the court of Appeal, by the time he gives evidence, Mosley will have gone.

No-one at the football club can really do anything, until the appeals have been heard.

PS, I'm not a lover of Flavio, but thats the way I read it.

You can hear the 40 minute hearing here

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre...ses/wmsc/2009/
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

wheres the audio?

oh and flav can **** off. he's been made a scapegoat as everyone and anyone thinks he is an utter ****, and id happily tell the egotistical maniac that to his face

this has nothing to do with Mosley

who was on the committee that banned him and voted to ban him......Bernie

And i'd trust Bernies business sense over Flavios anyday
      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Think it simply needed a majority.

The link is in my seond post on this thread. I found it a very interesting listen to be honest.

Esepcially this extra witness who in Mosley words "he could not remember who he was", don't believe that.
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I have no interest in F1. Briatore strikes me as a taker, not a giver. He doesn't give a Michael Schumacher about QPR. It's about ego and money. If he is a true football supporter who owned a club we would hear more from him than Amit Bhattia. QPR is a toy and children get tired of their toys eventually. So let's not expect loyalty from FB. I am not surprised that he turned up as No. 6 on the Daily Mail all time list of cheats in sport. Let's hope he is a blip in our history and that he raised our profile enough to be seen as an attractive prospect.

Comment

Even if Flavio wins his appeal, whatever the outcome ultimately I think this will prove to be very damaging to his image and reputation. This in turn will reflect negatively on QPR FC. When the dust finally settles I'm not sure the likes of Mittal, Gulf Air, Lotto etc will feel comfortable being associated with him in a business capacity.

Even if he wins his legal battles it appears he's losing the moral and ethical ones. He is fast being made a pariah out of it and those leaping to his defence are notable by their absence.

Comment

The thing that has taken over all this Flavio Debate is the "Crashgate" scandal... but for me, it's just the cherry on the cake. A side issue, almost.

It's the way he's carried on at QPR that fuels most fans unease about him... and the fact that because we have all seen how he is capable of behaving before any of this current F1 malarky came out..... how he goes about his business, how he treats people... how many were honestly surprised at him when all this F1 stuff came out?

But hey, that's Flav - The Lovelable Rogue?

Nah, not for me.... Zero class and zero dignity. He's too much of a bullyboy, too stubborn, too arrogant, and he's now branded CHEAT for life - legal loopholes, or not.

Just my take on him... plenty of others wont agree, that's fair enough.
              Flavio Briatore can change peoples opinions of him by his own future actions, it's not too late.
              But unless he does that, then QPR fans opinions of him wont be changed by arguing about him on the net.
              It was debated to death before all this FIA stuff, this has just opened the box even more.
              Last edited by Robbo; 26-09-2009, 08:52 AM.

Comment

and so it goes on

He's lost it! Blast for Bernie Ecclestone as boss warns: You're totally out of touch
                EXCLUSIVE By Jonathan McEvoy
                Motor Racing Correspondent reports from Singapore
                Last updated at 12:21 AM on 26th September 2009
                Comments (0) Add to My Stories Bernie Ecclestone's reign over Formula One came under unprecedented attack when one of the few men who could be described as his boss denounced him as being ‘totally out of touch’.

Sir Martin Sorrell, who serves on the board of CVC Capital Partners, the private equity
                firm which owns F1’s commercial rights, criticised Ecclestone for advising Flavio Briatore to appeal against his lifetime ban from the sport.

Touchy subject: Ecclestone's comments have upset the F1 hierarchy
                On Monday, Ecclestone was a crucial figure in determining Briatore’s sanction for race-fixing at last year’s Singapore Grand Prix, yet on Thursday he encouraged the shamed former Renault team principal to appeal against the penalty, making the extraordinary claim that ‘a year’s ban is enough’.

Sorrell said: ‘First, we had Hitler did good, now we have cheating is acceptable. Where will it end? His latest comments are yet another example, I’m afraid, of Bernie being totally out of touch with reality.’

It is not the first time Sorrell, the 64-year-old advertising and communications magnate, has publicly expressed his frustration at Ecclestone’s erratic behaviour.
                In July he described as‘disgusting’ Ecclestone’s praise for Adolf Hitler as a man able to ‘get things done’.
                Ecclestone, despite being 78, maintains that he wants to continue in perpetuity.

But Sorrell’s remarks are a threat to Ecclestone’s 30-year regime, especially if the rest of CVC’s hierarchy, who have employed Ecclestone as chief executive since their leveraged buy-out in 2006, agree with the criticism.

Speaking out: sir Martin Sorrell
                CVC are increasingly dismayed by the controversies dogging the sport and impacting on their investment.

Others, like Sorrell, are also morally repulsed. He is understood to see both Ecclestone and FIA president Max Mosley as arrogant, acting at will without consideration for the consequences.
                Ecclestone’s call on Briatore to appeal came on the same day that ING pulled out as title sponsors of Renault in light of the cheating at last year’s Singapore Grand Prix.

It was then that Briatore ordered Nelson Piquet Jnr to crash his car so his team-mate, Fernando Alonso, could win.

The damage to the sport’s finances, which were deeply affected by the threat of a rebel
                series during the summer, leaves Ecclestone facing tricky questions ahead of tomorrow’s second running of Singapore’s night race.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/for...#ixzz0SCzfeKIE

Comment

Working...
                X