A simple question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A simple question

A couple of weeks ago the word from the ITK crew was that we were bringing in a striker on loan, poss with a view to a permanent signing in Jan. So well and good. Now whenever this is brought up by various posters, the question is ignored with magisterial indifference. If this is simply because Pete and others don't know, then fair enough, Gianni can't be expected to be on the blower 24/7. Similarly, if the club is in such chaos behind the scenes with Flavio-gate that no such decisions can be made, I also wouldn't be that surprised. But if it is because after one win the feeling is we no longer need one then we should be told the thinking has changed.
    So which is it plse? If you do answer this time, many thanks.

Never claimed we would get a striker in anytime soon.

Me thinks, your getting a little greedy:waaaht:
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      A couple of weeks ago the word from the ITK crew was that we were bringing in a striker on loan, poss with a view to a permanent signing in Jan. So well and good. Now whenever this is brought up by various posters, the question is ignored with magisterial indifference. If this is simply because Pete and others don't know, then fair enough, Gianni can't be expected to be on the blower 24/7. Similarly, if the club is in such chaos behind the scenes with Flavio-gate that no such decisions can be made, I also wouldn't be that surprised. But if it is because after one win the feeling is we no longer need one then we should be told the thinking has changed.
      So which is it plse? If you do answer this time, many thanks.
      Why would anyone want to give you an answer when you take the asking of the question as an opportunity to take the customary dig a dig dig one expects on a daily basis :bad_egg:
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
        Why would anyone want to give you an answer when you take the asking of the question as an opportunity to take the customary dig a dig dig one expects on a daily basis :bad_egg:
        Lots of paranoid people on this board.

Comment

Still looking at options was the last I heard
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by Paladinooo View Post
            Lots of paranoid people on this board.
            Hardly paranoid.......the dig is there in black and white - it's a simple fact.....and how surprising that you are the first to come along and perpetuate it!!
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
              Its a valid question, asked in a polite manner.

Not sure why you mention Pete specifically? He's at least 0 for 10 at the moment with his predictions (which I'm also sure included an additional loan striker?), so thus proven the least ITK of anyone on WATRB.
              QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

I know nothing.
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                  I know nothing.
                  What? You come from Barcelona?

Comment

Bluehoop, fellow R and man of Kent, what a puzzling remark. I don't make "customary digs", infact I frequently defend Pete and this board. But I'm not a sychophant or a lacky and I think it was a perfectly reasonable question given the defeaning silence on the issue.

Pete - I don't think its "greedy" when Blackstock has been sold, Helguson has been loaned out, Balanta is injured, Agyman is pants and pelicori is slower than the young Mr Grace.

Comment

...oh, and when vine's tally for the season is likely to be measured not in goals but in how many times he hits the post.

Comment

personally dont think we need another striker. im happy enough to play one up front away from home (simpson), and two for home games. we now have wingers that are comfortable at coming inside and going at goal, something we have missed in the past. i think they will add the goals, that we would have had from another striker.

Comment

So Simpson gets injured or fails to score for half a dozen games, then what? And what of competition for places?

Comment

then play one of our many other strikers, pellicori might be slow, but he seems like an intelligent player, taarabt can do a job there, vine will run all day for us and im sure that given games agyemang can find some form again (dont foget his goals were the reason we aint playing in div one at the moment) this 20+ goal striker everyone keeps banging on about aint gonna be available for a loan, or he would be playing week in week out.

Comment

Fair enough mate - and see you in the championship again next season... :tired:

Comment

Working...
                              X