No announcement yet.

Anton in disguise.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anton is better and quicker than Rio and he was poo.

Comment

The legend Clint Hill had the dignity to say he wasn“t good enough at this level anymore, hopefully Rio Ferdinand will follow suit.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

I think he has.

Comment

Maybe Rio just needs to get back to basics......

Comment

The whole Rio Ferdinand thing, is starting to look like one long comedy of errors.

Comment

CV and reputation side, Caulker and Rio are bang average . Criminal that Nedum is warming the bench for them. Sort of player that wm get snapped up in January and be quality for the respective purchaser.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Should we play Hill and Nedum from now on then?? With clever scouting we Could actually have bought two strikers for what we paid for Caulker.
                Last edited by Shania; 27-09-2014, 08:06 PM.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Nedum must play that's for sure. Rio is not helping the case at all and it is clear that he cannot match the tempo of today's football. If Harry persists playing Rio, he will only be digging his grave. Rio cannot improve as if he can, he wouldl already done that through his experience. He just slowed down by natural cause. That's why big clubs show the door to such players at the very first sign of concentration, reaction loss; That's why they always stay on top. No player is bigger then the club. Unfortunately, this is not our philosophy!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    CV and reputation side, Caulker and Rio are bang average . Criminal that Nedum is warming the bench for them. Sort of player that wm get snapped up in January and be quality for the respective purchaser.
                    Remember the debate on here in the summer about signing him? There were a few who hammered everyone and anyone who thought he wouldn't be a good signing. Don't see them defending him these days, and they know who they are.

He's not been great for us, and too many fans are obsessed about us signing "stars".
                    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                      Remember the debate on here in the summer about signing him? There were a few who hammered everyone and anyone who thought he wouldn't be a good signing. Don't see them defending him these days, and they know who they are.

He's not been great for us, and too many fans are obsessed about us signing "stars".
                      The debate when he signed was about people banging on about him being injury prone and not being able to play any games well so far he's an ever present albeit some shaky moments

For me personally Caulker poses me more worries he is either very good or very bad there is no inbetween and today for me he was poor. He looks like a nervy player to me and think that rubs off on others. Cant recall the pass that many keep referring to that Rio gave away which led to goal so will take a look on the highlights but for me cant remember him doing anymore wrong then anyone else. What is clear about Rio however is that his legs have totally gone no change of pace anymore and he will play games now on experience of positioning

Comment

Have to play a back three of Caulker Onouha and Hill. With Isla and Traore or Yun wing backs. Two central midfielders, one in the hole, and two up front.

The Chief is young and one for the future, so he needs to get playing. Anton's has to be benched.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          The debate when he signed was about people banging on about him being injury prone and not being able to play any games well so far he's an ever present albeit some shaky moments

For me personally Caulker poses me more worries he is either very good or very bad there is no inbetween and today for me he was poor. He looks like a nervy player to me and think that rubs off on others. Cant recall the pass that many keep referring to that Rio gave away which led to goal so will take a look on the highlights but for me cant remember him doing anymore wrong then anyone else. What is clear about Rio however is that his legs have totally gone no change of pace anymore and he will play games now on experience of positioning
                          Plenty were banging on about him being past it, and that seems to be the case right now. You may also remember it was said that his pace had gone and he had to change his game. That came from SAF himself. We are seeing Rio without pace and it doesn't look good. He doesn't seem to have much athleticism and that might be because he isn't very fit. What else can it be? Is he fit or is he past it at this level?

Not sure how you can say it's just shaky moments. It's a lot more than just shaky moments. I for one am not disappointed with his performances. I didn't expect much from him in the first place!
                          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                            Plenty were banging on about him being past it, and that seems to be the case right now. You may also remember it was said that his pace had gone and he had to change his game. That came from SAF himself. We are seeing Rio without pace and it doesn't look good. He doesn't seem to have much athleticism and that might be because he isn't very fit. What else can it be? Is he fit or is he past it at this level?

Not sure how you can say it's just shaky moments. It's a lot more than just shaky moments. I for one am not disappointed with his performances. I didn't expect much from him in the first place!
                            Fair point but is he worse then Caulker who cost £8mil I think to many fingers are being pointed at him and caulker seems to be getting away with murder

Comment

I was fine signing Rio when we thought he was going to be a fourth choice CB. The fact he's playing every week while Ned hasn't even had a look in yet is ridiculous.

Comment

I thought Rio was a good signing at the time, but he was signed when we were supposed to be playing a 3-5-2, and I thought Ned & Caulker either side of him with a bit of pace would suit him, in other words sat in the middle of the 3 marshalling the defence, but he isn`t in that system and he clearly isn`t leading by example.
                                At the moment he`s a shadow of the player he was, I guess that`s the way it works with QPR and the transfer market.

Comment

Working...
                                X