QPR defender Traore will help keep Taarabt focused on football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Put the crack pipe down will ya? Er who was playing LB when we beat Sunderland? And, no, I wouldn't play Clint at LB on a regular basis.
    Again, I didn't even say that hill wasn't the left back. The performance there was no better than the opening day performance where traore did play. My point is that the criticism of him is totally unwarranted given that last season he was excellent and this season he has started surprisingly well as a left back GIVEN that he trained all summer as a left mid or left wing back
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Well I have been to every match this season, home and away, watched every match last season (was at every home match) and I also work as a researcher for EA Sports, so stats are my job. I get that you don't want to believe the stats but I think they prove alot about his quality on the pitch. All I said was that he hasn't really done much wrong, but let me put it to you in a way your single track mind will follow: Would the team improve if we had hill at left back instead? probably not, he cant handle pacy attackers in the premier league. On any occasion in the matches he has played, has traore made a serious error that would have been avoided by any other player on our team? The only real mistake he has made was against utd and everyone was off their game in that match. Even last season, he barely had a bad game. He has hugely improved in the last two seasons and I see him as being a key player to the squad, either at left back, left wing back or left mid.
      Not Clint no but LB is a weak position for us because Harry didn't strengthen it and he refuses to give others a chance (Yun). Traore has been poor in 90% of the games i have seen since he joined and he has made plenty of errors. A video game researcher doesnt make you anymore of an expert than any other fan at the ground. Listen to the majority of fans and listen to the groans when he runs into people and his crosses doesnt beat the first man. Not saying he is the worst player we have by any means but just an average Championship player at best. Like in most real life situations stats dont tell the whole story..

Comment

Again, I didn't even say that hill wasn't the left back. The performance there was no better than the opening day performance where traore did play. My point is that the criticism of him is totally unwarranted given that last season he was excellent and this season he has started surprisingly well as a left back GIVEN that he trained all summer as a left mid or left wing back
        If you can't put the pipe down then at least give me a pull on it..... Sunderland was a better performance than Hull because er, we lost against Hull and beat Sunderland. You really, really need to look up the meaning of words like perfect or excellent:

synonyms: very good, superb, outstanding, magnificent, of high quality, of the highest quality, of the highest standard, exceptional, marvellous, wonderful, sublime, perfect, eminent, pre-eminent, matchless, peerless, supreme, first-rate, first-class, superior, superlative, splendid, admirable, worthy, sterling, fine; More

Traore was at the very best OK.

Comment

Originally posted by HertfordshireHoop View Post
          Traore needs to focus own his own game. So far hasn't been good enough
          to be fair, if you read the full article, traore goes on to talk about improving his game and what hoddle is doing with him:

“He is giving me some advice like this and I think we are working on it. I’ve got Rio as well helping me because I’m really set on improving.

“I need to improve defensively. I made a few mistakes but I think I’ve done some good things as well – this is what Glenn told me. Everyday I think I can improve.”

Comment

Just to remind you that goals are flowing in from the right not the left

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
              Just to remind you that goals are flowing in from the right not the left
              Yes indeed. But if words don't have meaning then Traore being excellent and perfect means Isla has been good.

Comment

Unfortunately it was Traore's "excellent" defensive header which gave the ball to Stoke for their first goal. The ball was immediately moved to Moses who crossed. In my opinion, Traore might be keen to improve, but he's a very average player and has struggled in every position since he joined, bar one or two good games as a left winger( and only looked impressive because we have been starved of any wingers who can actually beat a man and cross effectively for years - SWP, Hoilett etc need I go on)?
                And don't forget - Traore was signed as a left back, not a left wing back, so he should be able to play left back - unfortunately with him in the side there will be carnage all season down our left. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Yun will be able to shore things up, but if he struggles we are in trouble and every PL side will fill their boots on that side of the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by mikechaj View Post
                  Unfortunately it was Traore's "excellent" defensive header which gave the ball to Stoke for their first goal. The ball was immediately moved to Moses who crossed. In my opinion, Traore might be keen to improve, but he's a very average player and has struggled in every position since he joined, bar one or two good games as a left winger( and only looked impressive because we have been starved of any wingers who can actually beat a man and cross effectively for years - SWP, Hoilett etc need I go on)?
                  And don't forget - Traore was signed as a left back, not a left wing back, so he should be able to play left back - unfortunately with him in the side there will be carnage all season down our left. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Yun will be able to shore things up, but if he struggles we are in trouble and every PL side will fill their boots on that side of the pitch.
                  The statistics would suggest that was a header Traore won.....

Comment

Yes indeed. But if words don't have meaning then Traore being excellent and perfect means Isla has been good.
                    See I could just edit out the word perfect, but i see no point doing so because your whole argument lies on the use of one word, I wouldn't want to make you look like a fool would I?
                    Secondly, the fact that you said the our performance at hull couldn't have been as good as the one against sunderland just because we didn't win screams out as being a ridiculous statement, but I will tell you what, here is a really useful definition of a word that you might hear alot on here directed towards you:

ig•no•rant (ˈɪg nər ənt)

adj.
                    1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned.
                    2. lacking special knowledge or information.
                    3. uninformed; unaware.
                    4. showing lack of knowledge or training.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

See I could just edit out the word perfect, but i see no point doing so because your whole argument lies on the use of one word, I wouldn't want to make you look like a fool would I?
                      Secondly, the fact that you said the our performance at hull couldn't have been as good as the one against sunderland just because we didn't win screams out as being a ridiculous statement, but I will tell you what, here is a really useful definition of a word that you might hear alot on here directed towards you:

ig•no•rant (ˈɪg nər ənt)

adj.
                      3. uninformed; unaware.
                      Calm down Armand and just keep on ignoring the fans and go with what you believe to be a "perfect" season so far...you da man!

Comment

ig•no•rant (ˈɪg nər ənt)

adj.
                        3. uninformed; unaware.
                        Haven't heard that a lot, tbh. First time. Of course it might be true. Others will testify. But I can tell black from white; good from bad; an excellent and perfect performance at left back from an average or OK one. Even a poor one. Shame you can't. Luke Shaw must be one hell of a full back. Excellent and perfect are inadequate to describe him. In terms of his attitude Traore's come on leaps and bounds. He clearly cares. And he tries hard. But he's been neither excellent or perfect. It is, dare I say, er, unlettered to tell folk that he is. Switch to cocaine. It'll make you realistically paranoid, not perfectly delusional.

Comment

Switch to cocaine. It'll make you realistically paranoid, not perfectly delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by mikechaj View Post
                            yeah shame he can't be rock solid like down our right like isla right???!
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                              to be fair, if you read the full article, traore goes on to talk about improving his game and what hoddle is doing with him:

[I]“He is giving me some advice like this and I think we are working on it. I’ve got Rio as well helping me because I’m really set on improving.[/I]

[I]“I need to improve defensively. I made a few mistakes but I think I’ve done some good things as well – this is what Glenn told me. Everyday I think I can improve.”[
                              /I]
                              What an ignorant fella, Armand is. Doesn't he know he's been both perfect and excellent? That he doesn't need to improve?

Comment

Haven't heard that a lot, tbh. First time. Of course it might be true. Others will testify. But I can tell black from white; good from bad; an excellent and perfect performance at left back from an average or OK one. Even a poor one. Shame you can't. Luke Shaw must be one hell of a full back. Excellent and perfect are inadequate to describe him. In terms of his attitude Traore's come on leaps and bounds. He clearly cares. And he tries hard. But he's been neither excellent or perfect. It is, dare I say, er, unlettered to tell folk that he is. Switch to cocaine. It'll make you realistically paranoid, not perfectly delusional.
                                Once again, you are only making an issue of the use of the word perfect. You can use that word a number of ways as you showed. Perfectly adequate, perfect performance etc. The point I was making was about how he has performed beyond expectations, again as a player trained over a whole summer as a left wing back able to dart up and down the pitch and expecting cover from the centre backs, to a player needing to rush his work on getting the defensive game he barely had to work on last season back up to scratch given the lack of options at left back. For someone to play as well as he has done at left back given the lack of work put on playing there, it is quite excellent. But obviously, seeing as you love a good bit of unwarranted criticism and judgement, you are going to ignore everything I just said and once again focus purely on my prior use of the word perfect, or dare I say the recently used Excellent. And maybe you should stop recommending drugs for me to use and start using your own production of Meth. It might surprisingly make you more bearable

Comment

Working...
                                X