No announcement yet.

Why not Ned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although Hill hasn't let us down this season the fact is with Hill & Ferdinand playing they are both painfully slow so we drop too deep therefore in order to push us higher up the pitch we need Onuoha and either Yun/Traorae in the team
    We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
      Really can't see why he isn't getting a chance.
      I still think Rio and Caulker will come good this season, but we have no-one with pace at the back.
      Ned n Caulker could be a great partnership for years to come.
      Couldn't agree more The Chief was one of our best players last year, seems to be being overlooked, I personally think he's better than ferdinand & Caulker and would have him in with one of them, also clnt starting to get found out it's about time give Yun a go.

Comment

The fact is since we brought the chief in January 2012 he's never commanded a regular place at CB. He's probably played more games out of position at RB. I like the guy, but he looked shaky against Burton Albion and was at fault for Spurs' fourth (when playing, as usual, out of position at RB: Simpson was on the bench when Dunne was pulled,to play four at the back). The chief is so right sided it's unbelievable. That means he has to replace Caulker, not Rio. Even if, as we should given our FB, we play three at the back with wing backs, the chief surely can't play on the left of the three. Give him a go, by all means, should things not go well, but it's hard to think that he's the saviour waiting in the wings.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
          Couldn't agree more The Chief was one of our best players last year, seems to be being overlooked, I personally think he's better than ferdinand & Caulker and would have him in with one of them, also clnt starting to get found out it's about time give Yun a go.
          Agree with all this Dave.

I was saying all pre season Ned was a definite starter.

I'd also almost say it was common sense that a RB or LB needs to be an energetic player to keep up with the attacking wingers coming at you. All very well being a solid defender, but in those positions in particular you need to keep up with the pace as well (Yun), especially in the pre!
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I cant see Ned getting a chance with Caulker and Rio fit..

Caulker is decent and the whole reason he came was to play alongside Rio so the reality is unless Rio gets injured, Ned isn't going to play.
            The only thing I do question Ned on is his technical ability. Rio and Caulker are great in this department.. I am not so sure Ned is.

Comment

Hill and Dunne are old enough and cannot cope with the PL pace. That should leave Ned as a starter.
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post

Caulker is decent and the whole reason he came was to play alongside Rio so the reality is unless Rio gets injured, Ned isn't going to play.
                The only thing I do question Ned on is his technical ability. Rio and Caulker are great in this department.. I am not so sure Ned is.
                He should though regardless if both of them are fit
                We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post

Ned can play as left back.
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                    Ned can play as left back.
                    Funniest thing I've read on here for a while. He's more likely to walk on water.

Comment

There are 3 players that have played all minutes for these 4 matches and they happen to play in the backbone of any defence, Green, Caulker, Ferdinand. I think they are all fit and were not on international duty, HR excuses. At the same rate they will concede 85 goals for the season. It will be very difficult to stay up with that. Something needs to be done and I do not believe Hill and/or Dunne are the solution. IMO HR needs to find a way to field Ned. For me it should be with 3 at the back because we have no fullbacks. Simpson gone, Isla and Traore wingbacks and Yun out nobody knows why. Some people say Ned cant play on the left because he is so right sided it's unbelievable. Does the same then apply for Caulker and Ferdinand. Of course it is difficult to have Caulker who only plays if Ferdinand plays. I would go with Onuoha-Ferdinand-Caulker at the back with Isla and Traore on the wings with Barton-Sandro-Fer in the middle. With that we are best using the strenghts of the squad. This opens the possibility for 2 strikers and we need to improve on 1 goal in 4 matches - at the same rate 10 goals for the season Even they would all come in 1-0 wins it would mean relegation.

Comment

I find it incredible that professional footballers can't use both feet.

Everyone is stronger on one side but why are they being worked on in training to improve on their weaker side.

Doesn't make sense

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                          There are 3 players that have played all minutes for these 4 matches and they happen to play in the backbone of any defence, Green, Caulker, Ferdinand. I think they are all fit and were not on international duty, HR excuses. At the same rate they will concede 85 goals for the season. It will be very difficult to stay up with that. Something needs to be done and I do not believe Hill and/or Dunne are the solution. IMO HR needs to find a way to field Ned. For me it should be with 3 at the back because we have no fullbacks. Simpson gone, Isla and Traore wingbacks and Yun out nobody knows why. Some people say Ned cant play on the left because he is so right sided it's unbelievable. Does the same then apply for Caulker and Ferdinand. Of course it is difficult to have Caulker who only plays if Ferdinand plays. I would go with Onuoha-Ferdinand-Caulker at the back with Isla and Traore on the wings with Barton-Sandro-Fer in the middle. With that we are best using the strenghts of the squad. This opens the possibility for 2 strikers and we need to improve on 1 goal in 4 matches - at the same rate 10 goals for the season Even they would all come in 1-0 wins it would mean relegation.
                          85 goals for the season? not sure about that IMO.. Don't forget who and where we played to concede the majority of our goals! Also going by your knowledge Rio, Green and Caulker we start and play every single game left.... well obviously that's simply not going to happen.

Funny thing with your 85 goal prediction, Fulham last season conceded the most in the prem with 85 goals, behind them was Cardiff with 74 goals against
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                            He should though regardless if both of them are fit
                            But he wont...

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              Funniest thing I've read on here for a while. He's more likely to walk on water.
                              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X