Just back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Losing is not a problem its the way we have lost at Spurs and yesterday that concerns me. We go out with no intent and with our hands up
    This
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

It's all about fitness, team simply isn't fit enough and that's down to the manager and his back room staff. You can only press the opposition if you do it as a team and have the fitness levels to maintain it over 90 minutes, we don't so simply drop deep and let them play.

Even saw Fernades say something about his fitness coach giving Tarrabt advice on nutrition, how have the club not got such an advisor. Even Redknapp blaming fitness but affraid the buck stops with him, albeit this should have been sorted pre season and wasn't. You only have to look at players like Phillips, Austin, Dunne, Tarrabt and Zamora to see the problem, it's not rocket science. Old fashioned manager with old fashioned ideas I am affraid, football has moved on from a jog round the pitch and a five a side game to finish off.

Comment

It is not all about fitness. Fit slow defendersare still slow derfenders. Harry thinks experience is more important than ability and pace. that is whay we get thrashed.

I have no idea why people love grafters that are clearly out of their depths. We have players that should not be near this league.
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
          It's all about fitness, team simply isn't fit enough and that's down to the manager and his back room staff. You can only press the opposition if you do it as a team and have the fitness levels to maintain it over 90 minutes, we don't so simply drop deep and let them play.

Even saw Fernades say something about his fitness coach giving Tarrabt advice on nutrition, how have the club not got such an advisor. Even Redknapp blaming fitness but affraid the buck stops with him, albeit this should have been sorted pre season and wasn't. You only have to look at players like Phillips, Austin, Dunne, Tarrabt and Zamora to see the problem, it's not rocket science. Old fashioned manager with old fashioned ideas I am affraid, football has moved on from a jog round the pitch and a five a side game to finish off.
          Spot on.
          @chrisrobson9

Comment

We mustn't fall into the trap of thinking we can pick and choose which games we'll compete in.
            Effort and commitment should be apparent always, no matter who the opposition.

Comment

The front 6 that United fielded are possibly, bar Chelsea, the best in the country. No shame in losing, just frustrating how we never really looked like troubling their defence or even getting a shot off !

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post

Exactly that. How a team isn't in tip top shape come the start of the season is beyond me, in the modern day with all the sports science & nutritional information available there's really no excuse to be lacking fitness at the top level of sport.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

There is a total difference in fitness and 'match fitness'.. HR is correct in what he said. Our midfield 3 yesterday haven't played enough games to be fully 'match fit'.

Comment

Most pundits don't agree with you and think we were pathetic. No plan B, rubbish plan A. slow and unfit players. There is no shame in losing, that is correct, but there is no excuse for going into a game already deciding you are not going to win it.
                    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Injuries to Mutch and Barton left us very short in midfield, where Sandro was also not fully fit. Without the injuries I don't think Harry would have started both Hoilett and Phillips. Left back is a difficult choice. Hill is slow but useful defending set pieces; Traore is good going forward but is always error prone while defending. What concerned me most was the way United were so easily able to play one two's in the final third to get past our defence.

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                        Most pundits don't agree with you and think we were pathetic. No plan B, rubbish plan A. slow and unfit players. There is no shame in losing, that is correct, but there is no excuse for going into a game already deciding you are not going to win it.
                        Yeah, all my armchair-top 6 PL team-supporting workmate-pundits have being telling me how soft we were as well.

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                          Not sure what we were supposed to against a £200 mill line-up away from home.. Do we play a high line and push forward and probably lose by a big margin being so open or do we sit in and try and keep it level for the 1st 30 mins/to half time and then try and push on as the game goes on?.. I would take the second option at old Trafford like HR did.

I am not sure where your assumption of going into the game deciding we are going to lose comes from?
                          We had 9 attempts on goal.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Its not good facto its like we have decided were happy to take our medicine against the top 6 and look to play against the rest. Burnley with far inferior players to us gave them a proper game by getting in their faces where we f anny about
                            I don't agree at all. I know you paid your money and feel you deserved a better performance but we were just outclassed.

Also to compare Burnley playing at turfmoor to Manchester United playing at Old trafford is just not right.
                            I felt like they had an extra 2 players on the pitch and we won't be the 1st team that will get torn apart.

The spurs game actually hurt more because I don't think they're anywhere near the level of this man utd side.

If united were in the top 4 no one would be crying about this result.
                            I can think of only matty and w12 that said we would get stuffed.
                            We need to be realistic.
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              I don't agree at all. I know you paid your money and feel you deserved a better performance but we were just outclassed.

Also to compare Burnley playing at turfmoor to Manchester United playing at Old trafford is just not right.
                              I felt like they had an extra 2 players on the pitch and we won't be the 1st team that will get torn apart.

The spurs game actually hurt more because I don't think they're anywhere near the level of this man utd side.

If united were in the top 4 no one would be crying about this result.
                              I can think of only matty and w12 that said we would get stuffed.
                              We need to be realistic.
                              Exactly the part in bold.. Outclassed

Comment

I do think we need to take into account that we've already played two of our toughest away fixtures of the whole season. The Hull and Sunderland games we played a lot better (even though the Hull result didnt reflect that).

The time to truly judge Harry will be after these next 5 matches in Sept/Oct:

QPR v Stoke
                                Southampton v QPR
                                West Ham v QPR
                                QPR v Liverpool
                                QPR v Aston Villa

Comment

Working...
                                X