The 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    Much have been said of the inclusion of SWP in the final 25 man squad for season 2014/15. Points were made that we should have left him out of the squad for good and leave the place vacant in case a striker/another player becomes available. Some said that this is not possible, however, this morning I read on the BBC website that Spurs registered only 23 players and left Ekotto out of the squad. I think he must be in a similar situation as SWP. If Spurs could do it (provided its true!) why can't we?
    Out of Spurs 23, 17 are not "home-grown" and that is the maximum allowed in the 25. I guess that AE is not homegrown either so cannot fit in because of that.

A good number of other squads haven't submitted full 25's either - some are as low as 19. It really depends on the mix of players available, their ages and whether they are home-grown or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
      A good number of other squads haven't submitted full 25's either - some are as low as 19. It really depends on the mix of players available, their ages and whether they are home-grown or not.
      I think the point for me is that one way or another late additions are permissable under certain circs....... it's a judgement call isn't it? Depending on home grown scenario naming <25 could make sense. I don't know whether that was a realistic option for us.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
        I think the point for me is that one way or another late additions are permissable under certain circs....... it's a judgement call isn't it? Depending on home grown scenario naming <25 could make sense. I don't know whether that was a realistic option for us.
        I don't think it was an option.

I believe that if you have 25 contracted, eligible players, you have to name them in your 25 man squad. The key word there is eligible.

Lots have teams have named fewer than 25 players but that is either because they have a large number of young players and fewer than 25 senior players, or they have a large number (more than 17) of non home-grown players, in which case they must leave some out. If you are in the position where you have fewer than 25 named, then you can add a free agent outside the window, but they will obviously then be playing at the expense of a youth player.

Comment

Just looked at the squads on BBC site and we have only submitted 24 players !!!

Who is the extra place for I wonder ?

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
            Just looked at the squads on BBC site and we have only submitted 24 players !!!

Who is the extra place for I wonder ?
            I don't know where you are looking or whether it's just that you have wonky eyes but we've submitted a list of 25 players.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/n...2014-2015.html

Comment

Just checked BBC site again and rather than counting the names I looked at them properly and they have missed out Leroy Fer.

Pretty sure we would have named him in the squad so it looks like it could be an error by the Beeb and our 25 is indeed 25.

Brief bit of excitement over.

Comment

Working...
              X