X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Ferdinand

To be appointment director of football... According to some
    http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Just read that. Love the guy, absolute legend, but DOF???? What has he ever done to merit that role?
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
      To be appointment director of football... According to some
      How many coaches, managers, ex-managers etc do we actually need behind the scenes at the club? Harry, Hoddle, Joe Jordan & Kevin Bond surely seems like enough for me. What does a Director of football do anyway? And how is Ferdinand qualified for the job?

Personally I reckon this is just tongues wagging cos Beard & Les sat next to each other at the Spurs game!

Comment

The more the merrier I suppose.
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          How many coaches, managers, ex-managers etc do we actually need behind the scenes at the club? Harry, Hoddle, Joe Jordan & Kevin Bond surely seems like enough for me. What does a Director of football do anyway? And how is Ferdinand qualified for the job?

Personally I reckon this is just tongues wagging cos Beard & Les sat next to each other at the Spurs game!
          That's how I see it. Plus Les is very much Tim Sherwoods number two who I'm sure will be in a job soon enough.

Comment

Nonsensical idea.

Comment

forgot Hitchcock and therest of the gang

Comment

So Les would go from working for Harry to being his boss, surely that's not going to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                  ... According to some
                  source please
                  Rangers Til I Die
                  follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

I could understand attacking coach but not DOF.

My issue is we need a proper defensive coach!!!

Comment

Why can he not do DoF?? Everyone moans about Beard doing a rubbish job because he has no background experience of the game well Les does

Are there more experienced people out there for the position if we are looking to create again yes there prob is but then again Rigg was experienced and look of the mess he made of it. Give me a man who knows the club inside out, who is a legend and has the clubs best interests at heart then a charlatan who only wants to use our club to caress their ego and build their profile

Comment

Totally agree. It's not as if we have a young manager who's wet behind the ears and needs someone in that role to take on some of the pressure and help out is it.....

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Why can he not do DoF?? Everyone moans about Beard doing a rubbish job because he has no background experience of the game well Les does

Are there more experienced people out there for the position if we are looking to create again yes there prob is but then again Rigg was experienced and look of the mess he made of it. Give me a man who knows the club inside out, who is a legend and has the clubs best interests at heart then a charlatan who only wants to use our club to caress their ego and build their profile
                          Les may have experience in the game, but that means naff all when it comes to negotiating deals and managing agents, and expectations.

As for he knows the club inside out..... How's that exactly? He left us as a player 18 years ago and the clubs been through turmoil and back since then. The workings behing the scenes will be chalk and cheese and wont even resemble the club as it was back then so basically all he knows about the club is history and he was a fantastic player for us. I wouldnt then advocate he'e the sort of person we need in such a role for that reeason.

Comment

Forget director of football (what ever that is) and fock Jordan and Bond off and bring Sir Less in with Hoddle as coach
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                              Les may have experience in the game, but that means naff all when it comes to negotiating deals and managing agents, and expectations.

As for he knows the club inside out..... How's that exactly? He left us as a player 18 years ago and the clubs been through turmoil and back since then. The workings behing the scenes will be chalk and cheese and wont even resemble the club as it was back then so basically all he knows about the club is history and he was a fantastic player for us. I wouldnt then advocate he'e the sort of person we need in such a role for that reeason.
                              Well people moan about Beard what did he know about negotiating football deals, Rigg was supposed to be an expert what did he show he knew about negotiating deals??

The guy at Reading who used to be their keeper (Hammond??) does a decent enough job doing their deals assuming he was not born a DOF

Comment

Working...
                              X