All Aboard The Gravy Train.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
    He's the manager who knows players & gives the chairman a list of players he wants & the business end if it, wages, contract length, clauses etc is dealt with by the money people TF & the person he's put in charge of such matters Philip Beard. Is is that hard to comprehend? Are you that naive mate?

Your point about SCRAPING into the play offs & scoring an 89th minute goal is equally laughable & slightly embarrassing.

To point out the obvious our season was based over 49 games yes FORTY NINE games. We accumulated enough points to get us into the play offs & we won them. No credit given no? I would be the first to say the football was poor at times last season but I've also been around long enough watching football to know it was al about going up. It was not about style or substance it was a very clear brief. Get up & then we will build a style & hey ho its what we're trying to do this season.

People make me laugh when they say we nicked it with an 89th minute goal. Are we the only team in the world then to get a slice of much needed luck when we've bad very little of it? Point is we had done enough over FORTY NINE games to give us the opportunity to be granted that luck.

Wisen up friend & look at the big picture. Harry's done a sterling job. Judge him after 15-20 games.
    Gotta love posts like this. I am naive because I have a different opinion from you? Who made you the judge of what is right and not? How can supplying the board with transfer targets equate to clearing out the dead wood? Are you trying to tell me we steam rollered over the line last season? If that squad did that well, why do we have to buy yet another team in this transfer window.

We did ever so well to win the playoffs, but we shouldn't have had to rely on them to get up with the budget used. Why coach youngsters when you can just buy, buy, buy?????

Comment

Firstly yes my OPINION is that you are naive for thinking that our board are responsible for our signings. Ji Sung Park under Hughesless could have been a possible case under Harry no chance.

Secondly steamrollered the division last season? Didn't I clearly state the football wasn't the best but it was all about getting up?

Supplying targets how does this equate to clearing out the dead wood? I didn't say anything like that. Two different matters entirely.

If that squad did well why did we have to buy another team this window? Are you serious? You think the likes of Benayoun, Hill, Aaron Hughes, Luke Young, Andy Johnson, Will Keane, Maiga, Kevin Doyle would be able to keep us up in the premier league?? Again naive.

Comment

Working...
      X