I hope Pulis hasnt moved out of London.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twranger View Post
    Not normally, that does not follow at all. the best teams are able to get results when playing below par.
    Yes they are.. and they get that result by turning in a hard working type of performance.. which is what I mean when I say a hard working one or a domineering possession one.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      I thought Palace played well under Pulis last season.
      What about the rest of my post?..... We're the prime example that you don't have to play well to get results (pretty much all of last season). But you keep saying results come with good performances and all you care about is results this season?
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

We need a manager that shows no fear and Pulis fits the profile. Can't understand some people that think he isn't good enough for us...we're in the bottom 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          What about the rest of my post?..... We're the prime example that you don't have to play well to get results (pretty much all of last season). But you keep saying results come with good performances and all you care about is results this season?
          Apologies.. yes we did play poorly all season.
          We were on Saturday the prime example yes.. but wouldn't it be nice to play well for more than 1 game under HR. Hasn't happened very often.

Results do come with a good performance.

A performance comes under a couple of forms:
          Dominating possession and smashing the opposition out of the ball park or hanging on in there and working your boll0cks off. I believe these two types of performances breed results.
          I would like one of these performances each week. Unfortunately we don't seem to of had either, enough, under HR.

Comment

Originally posted by Jogo View Post
            We need a manager that shows no fear and Pulis fits the profile. Can't understand some people that think he isn't good enough for us...we're in the bottom 3.
            Put his time at Palace aside then IMO he's not massively different to HR.... include his time at Palace and he's almost a liability. He won 11 but still lost 10.... just because everyone wants HR gone ASAP they'll go with who ever's remotely good. IF HR goes then we need to bring stability and someone for the future NOT someone because we're 3rd from bottom (after 5 games)
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Put his time at Palace aside then IMO he's not massively different to HR.... include his time at Palace and he's almost a liability. He won 11 but still lost 10.... just because everyone wants HR gone ASAP they'll go with who ever's remotely good. IF HR goes then we need to bring stability and someone for the future NOT someone because we're 3rd from bottom (after 5 games)
              he got manager of the season mate? getting an average Palace side mid-table from rock bottom haha.. he also stabilised Stoke in the Prem for 6 or so years.

Comment

Apologies.. yes we did play poorly all season.
                We were on Saturday the prime example yes.. but wouldn't it be nice to play well for more than 1 game under HR. Hasn't happened very often.

Results do come with a good performance.

A performance comes under a couple of forms:
                Dominating possession and smashing the opposition out of the ball park or hanging on in there and working your boll0cks off. I believe these two types of performances breed results.
                I would like one of these performances each week. Unfortunately we don't seem to of had either, enough, under HR.
                To be honest Rss I sort of agree with you... But this is my issue/point.

Last season HR brought players in to get us promoted. People say why didn't he bring players for the future, but in all honesty how easy is it to get good quality players at a newly relegated team? So HR had to work with with what he could. We didn't play the best football but got the job done....

This season I'll be judging him completely on this season alone because he's been able to bring in who he wanted and this team is 100% his team (not what he had to settle for). IMO that was the most sucesfull transfer window we've had for years. Even though people are already slating the new signings (after only 5 premiership games).
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Not my argument so sorry for butting in.
                  TP is a go-to manager for teams in trouble to try and rescue them, just look at Palace.
                  Then again look at Cardiff, a much better side on paper, they have a knee jerk, sack a good manager and bring in a totally unproven one only to get relegated, also add Fulham too.
                  To be fair to Pulis, what I saw of Palace last season they looked a decent attacking pacey side that didn`t play hoofball (very similar in style to Villa).

Comment

he got manager of the season mate? getting an average Palace side mid-table from rock bottom haha.. he also stabilised Stoke in the Prem for 6 or so years.
                    How do we know HR wont establish us as a premiership side? He done that to spurs also got them into Europe.... dont forget Spurs were bottom of the table when HR took over.
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

To be honest Rss I sort of agree with you... But this is my issue/point.

Last season HR brought players in to get us promoted. People say why didn't he bring players for the future, but in all honesty how easy is it to get good quality players at a newly relegated team? So HR had to work with with what he could. We didn't play the best football but got the job done....

This season I'll be judging him completely on this season alone because he's been able to bring in who he wanted and this team is 100% his team (not what he had to settle for). IMO that was the most sucesfull transfer window we've had for years. Even though people are already slating the new signings (after only 5 premiership games).
                      I agree with you about the Champ..

I was and am expecting massive improvements this season in terms of philosophy and how we play. So far it hasn't happened and in parts have looked like Mark Hughes's Rangers side! These are all his players now as you say so IMO I don't care if we have injuries or he thinks their not match fit. This is the Prem and he cannot give these lame excuses/performances anymore. I don't think he is getting the best from these players individually. I also don't think the players know how to play.. whether to press or sit off.. play long or play ticka tacka.. it looks a shambles in terms of that to be honest..

On Saturday, there were about 4 times where players were jogging with the ball holding their hands out saying there are no options.. it was awful.
                      The team has no direction under HR.

Comment

How do we know HR wont establish us as a premiership side? He done that to spurs also got them into Europe.... dont forget Spurs were bottom of the table when HR took over.
                        Sorry mate.. IMO HR has had long enough to shape us into a club with direction and a philosophy.
                        Spurs was totally different, with the quality of players.

Comment

I agree with you about the Champ..

I was and am expecting massive improvements this season in terms of philosophy and how we play. So far it hasn't happened and in parts have looked like Mark Hughes's Rangers side! These are all his players now as you say so IMO I don't care if we have injuries or he thinks their not match fit. This is the Prem and he cannot give these lame excuses/performances anymore. I don't think he is getting the best from these players individually. I also don't think the players know how to play.. whether to press or sit off.. play long or play ticka tacka.. it looks a shambles in terms of that to be honest..

On Saturday, there were about 4 times where players were jogging with the ball holding their hands out saying there are no options.. it was awful.
                          The team has no direction under HR.
                          Like I said ill be judging HR on this season alone for the reasons I gave earlier and if he fails then yes he'll probably need to be replaced but because I'm judging him on this season ill give him longer than 5 games.... But I still see Pulis a bit of a like for like manager and a bit of a waist of time.
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

It's clear the team need an identity and a way of playing, honestly don't think Redknapp will give you that. It's not just the results or performances, or even the constant changes in formation but his press conferences and whole demeanor. In his conference post Stoke he actually referred to Vargas as an unknown quantity who he had to tak a chance on! The blokes played in the last 16 of the World Cup and according to Redknapp a few weeks ago they had scouted him for 2 years. He constantly blames everything from fitness to pre season but none of it is ever his fault.

Never been a fan so bias but get rid ASAP as he will never turn it around, even Spurs fans who he did ok with don't particularly rate him. Pullis is a good shout never been relegated and would certainly get us organised but not always the prettiest of football.

Comment

Think Harry should get till after the WHU game and if performances haven't improved (if not the points tally) then I think TF needs to get on the phone to Pulis.

Like the bloke or not, he gets results.

Comment

The fact remains that despite long enough in the job he has failed to improve us to any significance even though he's spent a #### load of money and has been backed to the hilt . We are negative, lethargic and generally scared of out own shadow . In my opinion hr has lost his passion for the game to an extent and whatever he and his staff do at Harlington all week rarely has any effect on the pitch . I want people to take us seriously and for that to happen we need to start roughing teams up , pressing them and being a pain in the #### . We are to soft and too nice we need a mean horrible streak like bolton, stoke etc had . Yes it's boring but it's a dam site more effective than the #### being served up week in week out . For us to establish ourselves in this division we've got to find a way and stop getting rolled over

Comment

Working...
                                X