We still need another striker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We still need another striker

Sorry but we are really lacking up there still. Vine and Simpson are doing ok but still we need a finisher. Once these two get injured we are left with Pellicori and Agyemang who are not exactly great.

Pretty much the general concensus from our fans.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Without doubt. A friend was listening on BBC London and said that Bradley Allen was saying his worry about Rangers this season is that they have lovely approach work but every time he's seen them in recent times they've lacked a bit of quality up front. Its obvious to anyone looking at us afresh. Problem is, with the off-pitch issues, who is Gianni going to tap up for a bit of extra dosh: Flavio?

Comment

Originally posted by Cait. View Post
        Sorry but we are really lacking up there still. Vine and Simpson are doing ok but still we need a finisher. Once these two get injured we are left with Pellicori and Agyemang who are not exactly great.
        You see Cait this is where you really do make yourself look stupid.

A few months ago you were "gutted" when it looked like we were not selling Blackstock.

We should never in a million years of flogged Dexter Blackstock he may not be the best forward in the league but he is better than all those that you have mentioned.

It's a squad game and we are now really short on numbers, Blackstock would of bagged us at least 10-15 goals this season
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

The grass ain't always greener.

Comment

At the time he was sold Blackstock wasent Blackstock anymore. He fell out with Flavio and besides he dident perform at Loftus Road after the death of Ray Jones. For my liking he is too inconsistent as well. It will be interesting to see if he can bang em in for Forest even in the future games. Not so sure about that one.

My view only.

Comment

While Flab is fighting to clear his name and Mittal and Ecclestone don't know what Flab is planning, there's no way we're going to sanction any more signings, even loan ones.

Yes, we've needed strikers for the last two years, but I wouldn't hold your breath in us getting one...

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post

A few months ago you were "gutted" when it looked like we were not selling Blackstock.

We should never in a million years of flogged Dexter Blackstock he may not be the best forward in the league but he is better than all those that you have mentioned.

It's a squad game and we are now really short on numbers, Blackstock would of bagged us at least 10-15 goals this season
                Agree with ya, if anyone mentions blackstock plenty of replies will turn up saying get over it, im over it, but im not over the fact we currently lack fire power up front...
                We did well against cardiff, and im not disputing that, i just get frustrated with the "what might have been" games that had we had a decent finisher we could have won...

As examples i will throw Blackpool, Peterborough, and Bristol city into the hat...! We have imo a great chance of a playoff place this season, but i just hope come jan in were in touching distance this whole flavio thing has been sorted, because at that point we will have to invest in some real quality to push on....

Trouble is weve been saying this for so long its just become routine!
                Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

No one cd argue with that Rangered. Well, with the poss exception of Pete, who seems to change his position on the striker question. Alas its all gone spookily quiet on signing one so stand by for many more bristol/ peterborough style afternoons of frustration.

Comment

Didn't you see my post agess ag I admitted we shouldn't have sold him.

But he has gone. We cannot do anything about anymore.

But I still think he would have struggled just like the rest of our strikeforce he was a bit better but he wasn't out of this world.

We still needed another stiker or two anyway when he was with us!

Comment

But I still think he would have struggled just like the rest of our strikeforce he was a bit better but he wasn't out of this world.

That you did Cait...and I was there to read it

Hopefully we'll address this issue, but then again, we've had the exact same one since Furlong went. Dexter got us goals, but was by no means the perfect striker. We needed someone like Simpson at the time. Someone to work alongside him and help. Now...we have two very creative and clever strikers in Simpson and Vine, but no one to put the finishing touch on their good work.

Comment

Oh right but at the time Cait you said he was and I quote "crap" and "average at best"

Sorry but at the time you were very very vocal about your opinions.

Now you look stupid.

I saw you last night before the game you looked wrecked, there was no need to hit that Chelsea fan either I had to stop the Police from nicking you your very very lucky.
                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by shania View Post
                          At the time he was sold Blackstock wasent Blackstock anymore. He fell out with Flavio and besides he dident perform at Loftus Road after the death of Ray Jones. For my liking he is too inconsistent as well. It will be interesting to see if he can bang em in for Forest even in the future games. Not so sure about that one.

My view only.
                          Very good post.
                          It is nice to see someone posting sense for a change.
                          Well done Shania and spot on!
                          2 league goals in 8 games very impressive.
                          He won't score the 15+ goals that was touted and I do think Simpson will score more this season.
                          Also he provides movement.
                          With out Lee cook crossing, blackstock would be lucky to get you 10 a season, least simpson has movement and doesn't turn like a small truck.
                          Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 24-09-2009, 11:18 AM.
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Oh right but at the time Cait you said he was and I quote "crap" and "average at best"

Sorry but at the time you were very very vocal about your opinions.

Now you look stupid.

I saw you last night before the game you looked wrecked, there was no need to hit that Chelsea fan either I had to stop the Police from nicking you your very very lucky.

I still think he is average. I don't look stupid I still think we would have struggled with him up front anyway. With him we still needed at least two more strikers when he was with us.

Just my opinion Funky.

Comment

Vine is looking better and better but needs to be greedier and actually have a shot. Simpson is quick and his pace will frighten most defences and we know he can score but past that we have little in reserve. Pellicori and headless chicken springs to mind and Agyemang doesn't shoot and doesn't create.

A striker plus an attacking left back is a must.

Comment

Working...
                              X