X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YEAH what does Phils Beard actually do?

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
      we really need to wind our necks in player expectations wise!
      Deeney and Fer? One plays for Watford and another got relegated with Norwich.

Comment

and both out of our depths finacially
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
          YEAH what does Phils Beard actually do?
          Not much by the look of things.

Comment

We've just spent 8million on caulker so I don't think money is the issue.

Comment

It's amazing that the prices quoted for these two are about fourteen million pounds!

Comment

It's not like you can just go into a shop and say " can I have a Troy Deeney please?" The player also has to want to come.

If I was a young, talented player I would probably be hesitant about joining our car crash of a club. I would likely want a good long-term deal out of it, with clauses coming out my jacksie to cover for events like relegation, chance to move to CL club, etc. etc..

At the same time, the club also has to protect itself in these deals. If we offer a lot of long-term contracts on decent wages and then go down again, we will be in the same mess and need another firesale.

On top of all that, we have to deal with the agents and that can't be easy or pleasant.

Or maybe it is just a doddle......

Comment

If there is a late influx of signings and a slow start to the season, then it will be the same old excuse. It takes time for a team to bond.

We should have had more signings by now.

Comment

whoever it is dealing with transfers, needs the rocket.

2 and a half weeks away from the 1st game and still barley 2 thirds if the players for a 25 man squad.

there are only 3 more pre season fixtures left 1 of which is tonight and the club are trying out a new formation. The players should have been mostly signed by now to be able to implement this in time for the 1st game without it looking like an experiment against Hull.

It does increasingly look like another deadline line week of panic buying and loan signings.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                      It's not like you can just go into a shop and say " can I have a Troy Deeney please?" The player also has to want to come.

If I was a young, talented player I would probably be hesitant about joining our car crash of a club. I would likely want a good long-term deal out of it, with clauses coming out my jacksie to cover for events like relegation, chance to move to CL club, etc. etc..

At the same time, the club also has to protect itself in these deals. If we offer a lot of long-term contracts on decent wages and then go down again, we will be in the same mess and need another firesale.

On top of all that, we have to deal with the agents and that can't be easy or pleasant.

Or maybe it is just a doddle......
                      Hull City (amongst others seem to have done rather a lot of business compared to QPR).

I guess you could have a big point though on wanting to join more established clubs rather than QPR, but this just seems to be the case with QPR every pre-season.

Comment

Lets just watch the friendly tonight and see how encouraged we feel as we pass the ball around our own half 90 mins without getting a shot on goal.

Comment

Could it be that football players see QPR as a joke club after the last few transfer windows?

I'm hoping with the two new signings that we've made may have changed now, we'll see.

Comment

This

Tony Fernandes @tonyfernandes · Jul 27

Back to Kl. Left transfer window to RubanG.

Comment

Hull have been impressive in the transfer market so far. Look like they are building a squad capable of dealing with all the extra European games.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                                Does he need a rocket up his ****? Swear we must be the slowest club in the world when it comes to transfers. Should of paid up for Fer when we first bid for him, now Southampton heavily interested so probably kiss bye bye to that one. Southampton bookies favs at 6/4 we are at 2/1. Favs to sign Deeney at 4/7. Just over 2 weeks before the season starts now, last min super market sweep on deadline day?
                                Give it a rest will you!!! Stop stamping your cyber feet!!!
                                What the hell were you like as a kid on Xmas Eve? Unbearable and impatient I bet!

Comment

Working...
                                X