Wigan Away 1st Leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wigan Away 1st Leg

Just sitting here having a little reminisce about the play off campaign and the first leg at the DW set us up beautifully for what followed

That nil nil draw was a proper performance one of the best I think we gave last season.

Written off by the media, written off by the Wigan fans, written off by the other teams in the league and written off by some of our own fans but we went there that Friday night 5000 strong and stood up to a man and were counted. For me that night set the tone it said were QPR and we don't give a t oss what everyone else thinks we have come for a result and were leaving with one

Not the most entertaining of games but one of my favourite ever given the numbers we took, the build up to the game, the atmosphere created in the away end and the performance we gave. Was one of the s hittiest journeys ever up the M6 but well worth it

The return leg was blinding too in the bush early for drinks finished off with a pulsating game and a trip to Wembley. I never ever thought we would sing in my life time 'Wembley Wembley' knowing we were actually going there next game

Just watched some interviews on the pitch after we won at Wembley and it was clear to the players from what they said that they were aware no one outside the Bush wanted us too do it; they knew it and more or less said up yours

Sorry if I have bored anyone but it just came into mind and thought I would share

fantastic reminisance westie....left at 12 n didnt get there til 7....was livid n gasping!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

john bishop getting pelters of us outside before was priceless......he looks like a horse...he looks like a hoooorse

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
        john bishop getting pelters of us outside before was priceless......he looks like a horse...he looks like a hoooorse
        Yes mate saw him wondering around with Jaime Rednapp beforehand

Was a top day out journey there aside

Comment

thought wigan quite a tidy gaff for a nothern place!

Comment

Tidy enough and they have clearly invested money in and around the ground with the retail park and the two up two down houses looked decent enough. However reckon if you wandered off the beaten track 15mins in any direction it would have been quite slummy

As said at the time don't know if Wigan fold know if they are scousers or Mancs

Comment

Scousers, Mancs, all the same to me, northern monkeys
              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

brother went and had a cracking night, credit where credits due, thought the locals were friendly and a tidy looking town too
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

was a cracking night in wigan. rangers everywhere

Comment

In Fairness thought they done well filling the top tier for the return never expected that

Comment

The M6 coming home was a right batsard though!

Comment

Was there a diversion through some village or am I getting mixed up with another game

Comment

I'll never forgot how the stand shook as everyone sang "win away"!

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                            was a cracking night in wigan. rangers everywhere
                            Can't argue with that Hove. Although it didn't help getting on it with the Suffolk Massive & being force chemicals & waking up in a Wigan back Street @ 7 in the morning
                            "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                            For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Some reasonable skirt in Wigan too . Was fishing in France so watched it on the box brilliant performance

Comment

Working...
                              X