Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **1 point ahead but 1.256 points behind**

Odd title?

Well, Burnley had 9 points after 7 matches last season and we have 10 points so we are 1 point ahead and our goal difference is 5 better than theirs at the same stage. The average points required for a top 6 finished over the past 10 seasons is 74 or 1.608 points per game meaning that after 7 matches we should be aiming to be on 11.256 (not possible so either 11 or preferably 12) hence the reason why I've said we are 1.256 points behind.

A home win against Barnsley will mean that we stay 1 point ahead of where Burnley were this time last year and we will behind of the 1.608 points per game average.

Last season it took us 10 matches away from Loftus Road to record 7 points on the road. This season we've done that in just 4 matches - Burnley took 6 matches last season to record their 7th point away from home.

Not the most interesting of stats but it does show the what difference one win can do.

I think my brain is going into overheat...
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Stop it SPC...you'll have people in a possitive mood.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
        Odd title?

Well, Burnley had 9 points after 7 matches last season and we have 10 points so we are 1 point ahead and our goal difference is 5 better than theirs at the same stage. The average points required for a top 6 finished over the past 10 seasons is 74 or 1.608 points per game meaning that after 7 matches we should be aiming to be on 11.256 (not possible so either 11 or preferably 12) hence the reason why I've said we are 1.256 points behind.

A home win against Barnsley will mean that we stay 1 point ahead of where Burnley were this time last year and we will behind of the 1.608 points per game average.

Last season it took us 10 matches away from Loftus Road to record 7 points on the road. This season we've done that in just 4 matches - Burnley took 6 matches last season to record their 7th point away from home.

Not the most interesting of stats but it does show the what difference one win can do.
        You've not discovered sex yet then!.

Comment

Originally posted by enzian View Post
          You've not discovered sex yet then!.
          Shhh or he will never be so brilliant for us again!
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Exciting statistics. Thanks for cheering us up
            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

interesting stats
              I bought points on the spread on 66.5 points. I did this pre season in the firm belief that we would bring in a striking solution and the fervant hope that it would be Jay Simpson

At the moment I am pretty confident that we will hit my spread target and hopeful that we can get the extra required for a play off place. this next month will be very interesting
              its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

I have to say, Love the stats.... but hey thats because of working in a geeky job with stats all day!!

Comment

Another post by enzian another insult.

If you don't like the stats then don't read my posts.

Comment

Working...
                  X