USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA

Gut wrenching that we lost, but I am proud of our showing at the world cup. Proud to wear the jersey and they really left it all on the pitch. Tim Howard played out of his mind today.

Watch out for us in 2018 ;)

Token QPR remark: Julian Green would be a mighty fine young lad

Fantastic match, a couple of times I thought the US had equalized in extra time. Belgium were hanging by a thread at the end!
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Well done, USA!! You can be proud of your team!! Bradley is probably a better option than Mix, I have to confess
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Very very well played. Puts the likes of england to shame really. fantastic effort and one that you can be very proud of

Comment

I was desperate for an equaliser!

That free-kick showed immense presence of mind to execute that routine that late on when bodies and minds must have been shattered.

The US, Algeria, Costa Rica have all shown what some decent coaching and tactics can achieve.

Klinsmann>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hodgson tbh

Comment

Effort and skill. The free kick toward the end was amazing; wish Dempsey had pulled it off. I got more pleasure watching the USA tonight than I have watching England since 1998.....

Comment

I think I watched a different game to everybody else. For the first 90 minutes nothing really happened. Belgium should have had a hatful of goals and would have if it hadn't been for the goalkeeper. The USA gave away the ball on numerous occasions. If that had been England playing and had lost 2-1 like that, everybody would have been saying how badly they played and what a bad result.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                I think I watched a different game to everybody else. For the first 90 minutes nothing really happened. Belgium should have had a hatful of goals and would have if it hadn't been for the goalkeeper. The USA gave away the ball on numerous occasions. If that had been England playing and had lost 2-1 like that, everybody would have been saying how badly they played and what a bad result.
                Yep, definitely a different game.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                  Yep, definitely a different game.
                  It was coming!

Comment

Devastated.

I'll take some consolation in the fact that QPR were promoted though!

Comment

Thought that Michael Bradley was quality in the middle of the park for the US. Certainly can pick a pass!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Thought that Michael Bradley was quality in the middle of the park for the US. Certainly can pick a pass!
                        He plays for Toronto. Perhaps somebody can have a word with Nelsen.

Comment

To be honest I was chuffed with the Belgium win because my mrs is American and I am going to visit her family tomorrow. Would not be able to stand a bunch of Americans talk to me about how they are good at 'soccer' for the next 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by LeeCookFan View Post
                            To be honest I was chuffed with the Belgium win because my mrs is American and I am going to visit her family tomorrow. Would not be able to stand a bunch of Americans talk to me about how they are good at 'soccer' for the next 2 weeks.
                            When they say "soccer" you say "football".

Comment

Originally posted by LeeCookFan View Post
                              Make sure you call their game "pointy ball" to avoid confusion with real football. They don't like that!
                              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                              X