X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yun Suk- Young

IMO, we don't need another starting left back, we have one. "Yun Suk-Young"
    Just need a back up.

Harry didnt rate him enough to start him consistently in the championship so if we're honest why's that gonna change now we are in the premiership?

Comment

Perhaps Yun wasn't selected because Redknapp felt he needed more time to adapt to the game over here.

I think he is good enough to play in the Premiership. Young players need games to adapt to the Premiership. Southampton, Villa, Norwich all gave them a chance and some of them flourished after a sluggish start players like Shaw Lalanah Rodriguez, Redmond,Pilkington, and Herd Lowton Clark.

Comment

I don't believe he's good enough
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          Perhaps Yun wasn't selected because Redknapp felt he needed more time to adapt to the game over here.

I think he is good enough to play in the Premiership. Young players need games to adapt to the Premiership. Southampton, Villa, Norwich all gave them a chance and some of them flourished after a sluggish start players like Shaw Lalanah Rodriguez, Redmond,Pilkington, and Herd Lowton Clark.
          Southampton players have done well, as has Redmond in spells. The rest not so good, especially the Villa boys!

I've watched him closely in the World Cup and he's done well to be fair. Would I be comfortable with him being our first choice left back though? No.

He's still very raw and naive and also very weak, he'll be a good squad member next season but I feel we really need to have a strong defence to survive, it's a proven statistic. Hull and Palace (under Pulis) last year were built on a strong defensive side and done very well. Obviously you need to score goals as well but I think we'll have that in our side come August. Charlie will score at this level, Phillips has and will do it again and I'm sure we'll make a few quality additions in that area of the side.

I'm happy with Simpson at right back, hopefully Rio and Caulker sign (Caulker would be a brilliant signing) then a solid left back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
            Southampton players have done well, as has Redmond in spells. The rest not so good, especially the Villa boys!

I've watched him closely in the World Cup and he's done well to be fair. Would I be comfortable with him being our first choice left back though? No.

He's still very raw and naive and also very weak, he'll be a good squad member next season but I feel we really need to have a strong defence to survive, it's a proven statistic. Hull and Palace (under Pulis) last year were built on a strong defensive side and done very well. Obviously you need to score goals as well but I think we'll have that in our side come August. Charlie will score at this level, Phillips has and will do it again and I'm sure we'll make a few quality additions in that area of the side.

I'm happy with Simpson at right back, hopefully Rio and Caulker sign (Caulker would be a brilliant signing) then a solid left back.
            you say the Villa boys have not done so well, but they have not been relegated yet have they? Also, how many on here slated Delaney as not being good enough?

Organisation is a vital ingredient in any defence, and that is what Pulis took to Palace and turned a leaky defence into the most solid one in a space of a few months.

QPR have very little chance of signing Culker if other more established clubs want him. I think Dawson and Ferdinand are more likely.

Comment

This is what I love about this forum. People had such a dislike of BAE and his attitude that suddenly this guy is the next Roberto Carlos and he should be starting every week. So far for QPR he has played ( I will ignore the Hudd away game early on last season as he was poor ) :

Boro away where he played well and was MOM
              Barnsley away ( Last game of the season/nothing game against a relegated side and a friendly basically ) and played well.
              Wigan at home where he came on and did okay as a sub.

How after only those 2 and a half games( one of which meant nothing ) is he suddenly good enough to be our LB in the Premiership? As somebody said Harry didn't trust him enough to play most games in the Championship so how can he be good enough next season at a lot better standard??

To be fair to the lad I think he should of got more game time after the Boro away game so we could have seen him in a few games. He looks an okay player but he has not played enough for QPR for people to make a conclusion he is good enough to start as LB in the Premiership. Those that deem him good enough are doing it either purely based on a dislike for BAE or they are one of the Korean mafia on this forum.

As the guy above says he is also very weak which was highlighted in the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                you say the Villa boys have not done so well, but they have not been relegated yet have they? Also, how many on here slated Delaney as not being good enough?

Organisation is a vital ingredient in any defence, and that is what Pulis took to Palace and turned a leaky defence into the most solid one in a space of a few months.

QPR have very little chance of signing Culker if other more established clubs want him. I think Dawson and Ferdinand are more likely.
                Villa haven't been relegated, correct, but weren't they competing for Champions League before adopting the youth approach?

Comment

Yes they were, however Villa took it to extremes and basically fielded an inexperienced team rather than just a couple of players.

However, given that QPR have not really got the funds to buy a new 'Premiership ready' squad shouldn't they be giving younger players like Yun a chance?

Signing Ferdinand and perhaps Dawson (or Culker if really lucky) could give QPR a reasonable defence.

I am not suggesting that QPR give the likes of Harriman Ehmer Yun, Petrasso & Doughty etc a chance at the same time.

Comment

I like Yun, but if there is a better left back out there that we manage to sign, I won't complain.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I read somewhere that we were after George Friend from Boro. No prem experience, though..
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

He should have had more time on the park (no pun intended). At the end of the day you have to give the promising youngsters a proper go. You don't learn as much warming the bench.

That is, if you have any youngsters in the squad.

Comment

If I had to choose between Yun, BAE and Hill, our LB would be Yun.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                            If I had to choose between Yun, BAE and Hill, our LB would be Yun.
                            is the right answer.

but it may not be the right question come kick off....

Comment

what ive seen of yun he dont look a bad little player , i can see a few posters on here eating their words with a fork and spoon! as for hair bear benny no thanks, he might be a ok leftback but his atitude stinks! id rather have a player who wants to play for rangers thanks , not a big sulky **** who has delusions of grandeur thank you very much!!!!!!!
                              LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Working...
                              X