Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening Standard late Edition.. For Anyone Who Missed It

For anyone who didn't read it.

Indefinite ban for former Renault chief casts doubt on his future as co-owner of Queens Park Rangers. By Matt Majendie

FLAVIO BRIATORE could be forced out of Queens Park Rangers after he was handed an indefinite ban from motor sport today. The World Motor Sport Council suspended him from taking part in any FIA-sanctioned events for an unlimited period for his role in Crashgate when he plotted with former driver Nelson Piquet Jr to deliberately drive into a wall at last year’s Singapore GP.

The repercussions could spell the end of the flamboyant Italian’s tenure at QPR. The Football League board will meet next month to discuss his role as chairman of the club’s parent company, QPR Holdings, and it remains to be seen whether the 59-year-old will pass the Fit and Proper Person test.

Under current rules, nobody can be a director or hold a majority interest in a club if they are “subject to a ban from a sports governing body relating to the administration of their sport”.

Briatore’s stake in the Championship outfit could yet be bought by co-owner billionaire Lakshmi Mittal, the steel billionaire, who is reportedly said to be keen to buy Briatore’s share.

The FIA ruling will also end Briatore’s lucrative management business of some of Formula One’s leading drivers, among them Alonso, Mark Webber, Lewis Hamilton’s team-mate Heikki Kovalainen and, ironically, Piquet.

Under the specifics of his ban, no drivers connected with Briatore will have the superlicence required to race in F1 renewed unless they end their association with him.

Today’s hearing, headed by FIA president Max Mosley and the World Motor Sport Council, took less than an hour to complete at the FIA’s Paris headquarters as Renault opted not to contest the charges of having deliberately fixed last year’s Singapore race.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

watched the whole episode on the itv news at 10,Briatore brought shame to the sport,he is a cheat,and he put a young life at risk to satisfy his own greed,he was rightly booted out of formula1,and hopefully will be booted out of QPR as well.he has brought shame on the club,i was ashamed watching it,i think he is an arragant cheating bully of a man,who i dont want part of my club.

Comment

I must say that the one good thing that has come out of this is that the moral equilibrium of the QPR faithful is now on show for all to see. Our horses are surely higher than those any of our rivals!

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
        watched the whole episode on the itv news at 10,Briatore brought shame to the sport,he is a cheat,and he put a young life at risk to satisfy his own greed,he was rightly booted out of formula1,and hopefully will be booted out of QPR as well.he has brought shame on the club,i was ashamed watching it,i think he is an arragant cheating bully of a man,who i dont want part of my club.

Agree

and Pete, yep mate. He'll be forced out and rightly so...here comes the mittals all going well
        Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Give him a break ffs.
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
            Give him a break ffs.
            would you say that if it were your son he "ordered" to crash!

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
              Give him a break ffs.
              the cheating barsteward and his 10K lights can **** off as far as im concerned.

What has he done?

Bought the club for jack diddly by getting antonio to wipe out millions and then not paying him allegedly what he is owed

Taken 1.8 MILLION from QPR in interest payments from the club

Fired Dowie for not picking his crap players

Oh and been booted from the biggest sport on the planet (financially) for being a fraud, a cheat, a bully and basically a complete moral wrong un.
              Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Matthew.

Please get the thought out of your head,that any harm whatsoever was going to be inflicted on a F1 driver hitting a wall side on,in a modern racing car.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpy View Post
                  Matthew.

Please get the thought out of your head,that any harm whatsoever was going to be inflicted on a F1 driver hitting a wall side on,in a modern racing car.
                  Probably not, but I doubt Massa thought there was any chance whatsoever that he would nearly be killed by a small stray spring that kicked up into his path following a crash by another car.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                    the cheating barsteward and his 10K lights can **** off as far as im concerned.

What has he done?

Bought the club for jack diddly by getting antonio to wipe out millions and then not paying him allegedly what he is owed

Taken 1.8 MILLION from QPR in interest payments from the club

Fired Dowie for not picking his crap players

Oh and been booted from the biggest sport on the planet (financially) for being a fraud, a cheat, a bully and basically a complete moral wrong un.

if he's got any decent bones in his body & has any respect for the club, then he should resign immediately and save any further embarrassment for the club

Comment

agree 100% pk he should resign asap!

Comment

Scott, where are you getting that he's TAKEN £1.8m from the club? You make that out as if he's actually made money out of this and not really put anything into it. This is not something I can believe for one second.

As I said, for all his faults the guy saved our club and without him, we'd not have had a squad anywhere near as able as the one we currently have.

Not defending what he's done nor am I saying he deserves to stay on at QPR but let's try and remember what he's done for us as well.
                        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
                          would you say that if it were your son he "ordered" to crash!

My son has a brain and would make his own choice in that situation.And i would stand by him as that is what families do.
                          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                            Scott, where are you getting that he's TAKEN £1.8m from the club? You make that out as if he's actually made money out of this and not really put anything into it. This is not something I can believe for one second.

As I said, for all his faults the guy saved our club and without him, we'd not have had a squad anywhere near as able as the one we currently have.

Not defending what he's done nor am I saying he deserves to stay on at QPR but let's try and remember what he's done for us as well.
                            Benny you are being a bit naive imho. Flabio is in it for one reason only - greed!!!

He is a bully and arrogant t***.

Even Piquet (who Flabio managed) shopped him!!!! I think that is telling.

He is the least popular man in the pit lane and has many enemies.

What he is good at is smoosching and we have to thank him for introducing the Mittals and attracting sponsors we could only dream of previously. However this was all a means to his own ends.

So thanks fat man and good riddance!!!!
                            oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
                              Benny you are being a bit naive imho. Flabio is in it for one reason only - greed!!!

He is a bully and arrogant t***.

Even Piquet (who Flabio managed) shopped him!!!! I think that is telling.

He is the least popular man in the pit lane and has many enemies.

What he is good at is smoosching and we have to thank him for introducing the Mittals and attracting sponsors we could only dream of previously. However this was all a means to his own ends.

So thanks fat man and good riddance!!!!
                              Hold on oldhoop, I've not for one minute questioned whether he's a liked man or not. In fact I've stated that I feel he's a nasty piece of work, so not sure where that post came from.

What I questioned was the way Scott has worded his post making it sound like Flav has made money out of this club, something which cannot be true as he has spent plenty since arriving. I cannot believe he has made a penny since his arrival.

Regardless of whether or not Flav took over for his own reasons, he still saved our club, this is for sure, so for that and as you say the introduction of the Mittal's, I think he deserves some thanks from our fans.
                              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Working...
                              X