No announcement yet.

Rio Ferdinand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few of us got murdered on here by the star struck mob for daring to suggest Rio was well past his best. Sorry, but he is. He might be great with the younger players, or in the dressing room, or whatever. It's on the pitch that ultimately counts, and I'm afraid he's not been up to the standard that's required in this division.

The OP is right. He's been responsible for us conceding a number of goals so far this season. There was one yesterday which was unforgivable. He was ball watching and didn't pick up his man when the ball was played into the box. That kind of defending cannot be excused.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• again, today rio rears his ugly head again.

was allowed to be used as a step ladder for the first goal. did not show any intent of hussling or fighting for that ball.

second goal, ball comes across, all he had to do was slide towards it and get a toe to it but no. just farking stood there.

"talks a good game" "great on motd" "fantastic lad" "always first to training" "one of the boys" "triffic" "passes the ball out well" shame he is slow as fark and has become shyte for us.

Shyte on the pitch, he has now cost us 7 of our 11 goals conceded. how long will it take for him to be dropped. ned needs to start ahead of this has been. even dunne would put in more of a farking fight.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• I'm not seeing many people singing his praises these days. How come?
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
          He was finished 2 seasons ago
          and those of us who pointed this out at the time got short shrift..... even if such a thing as a free really existed - and they all cost money one way or another - this piece of business was never going to be the answer. Harry's selections continue to perplex.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
            I'm not seeing many people singing his praises these days. How come?
            Could say the same for Fer, Isla, Austin, Phillips, Traore?

Comment

• Still think Rio is fractionally better than Anton ..not much in it tho

Comment

• He is very composed and a lot of the time looks assured at the back and distributes the ball well, but it's nearly every single game he has a lapse & loses his man & it costs us a goal! Happened with the Hull goal, Mata's vs Utd & again for Crouch's yesterday - we simply cannot afford such slips on such a regular basis.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Rio should be dropped asap,as a whole the defence are not doing there jobs especially the partnership between Rio n caulker. With Rio's lack of pace & therefore dropping deep to compensate, I think it's affecting caulkers game as he likes to play a higher line. Hopefully if Ned ever gets his chance alongside him then think things will improve defensively as be more pacey.

Comment

• Bring Nedum now before Leiceter take him in January.
                    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

• Rio's post-match assessment

Speaking to www.qpr.co.uk, Ferdinand said:

"It’s a very valuable point and we have to look at it as a point gained, having come back twice. We showed great character to come back into it and that's credit to the lads. You have to say it's a good point, even if we wanted all three. Every time we went behind, we got back on the front foot and put them under pressure.

We showed great resilience and character to get back into the game. We have to take the positives. Leroy (Fer) showed his quality – I thought he was the stand-out player on the pitch. He set the standard, especially in the second half – we have to set ourselves such standards now going forward. If we do that, we'll give ourselves a good chance of staying up.

When we go away we have to be more solid as a team. If we can do that, I'm sure we'll be in this division next season. I though their first goal was a foul from Peter Crouch, and they scored from our own mistakes for their second. To be fair to them, they took those two chances clinically. Stoke played very well – they beat the champions Manchester City in their last away game – so we knew they were going to come here and put us under pressure.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/21...FHouksWd7zo.99

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                        Speaking to www.qpr.co.uk, Ferdinand said:

"It’s a very valuable point and we have to look at it as a point gained, having come back twice. We showed great character to come back into it and that's credit to the lads. You have to say it's a good point, even if we wanted all three. Every time we went behind, we got back on the front foot and put them under pressure.

We showed great resilience and character to get back into the game. We have to take the positives. Leroy (Fer) showed his quality – I thought he was the stand-out player on the pitch. He set the standard, especially in the second half – we have to set ourselves such standards now going forward. If we do that, we'll give ourselves a good chance of staying up.

When we go away we have to be more solid as a team. If we can do that, I'm sure we'll be in this division next season. I though their first goal was a foul from Peter Crouch, and they scored from our own mistakes for their second. To be fair to them, they took those two chances clinically. Stoke played very well – they beat the champions Manchester City in their last away game – so we knew they were going to come here and put us under pressure.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/21...FHouksWd7zo.99
                        change the "WE'S" to I'S then that should read about right.

i have watched him closely so far this season as he was the one player i and some others on here were not happy about. this thread will continue to get updated but hopefully for our sake it wont be weekly as that would mean he has been playing solid.

someone else further up got it farking spot on, he plays to deep and is upsetting the balance with caulker to compensate for his lack of pace. been playing teams onside constantly in our matches as the last man. he is a liability.
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Fer was the standout player???????? OMG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                            Fer was the standout player???????? OMG.
                            Yeah thats exactly what a I thought !! How on earth did he come up with that?
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              Yeah thats exactly what a I thought !! How on earth did he come up with that?
                              Perhaps it was the same mental reasoning that saw him let the fentastic top, top player Crouchy use him as a climbing frame for Stoke's first, enable Crouch to score their second, give Mata free range to score last week, and gift Hull their winner first game of the season..... Would still play him, in a back three, next five or so games, but he really needs to do his talking on the pitch, not off of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                                Perhaps it was the same mental reasoning that saw him let the fentastic top, top player Crouchy use him as a climbing frame for Stoke's first, enable Crouch to score their second, give Mata free range to score last week, and gift Hull their winner first game of the season..... Would still play him, in a back three, next five or so games, but he really needs to do his talking on the pitch, not off of it.
                                Yep cant really argue with any of that 77... still think know matter what formation we go for we need to stick with it for a few weeks and give the players time to adapt to it and get used to the players around them.... If we go with the WATRB logic of dropping everyone after a bad game there will no doubt be a lot of uncertainty amongst the players and also lot of confidence lose amongst the players...
                                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                                X