"Have we learnt nothing?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    As busheyboy said earlier, the main thing is bringing in players with the right attitude. Ie lescott at 32 and with the desire to still play football at a high level I personally wouldn't stick my nose up to that.
    We Just need to strike a balance. We do need to invest in a few under 30;s but bringing in players whop are 30 - 33 isnt also a big deal as long as they have the right attitudes.
    How about signing players over 35, as some are suggesting? Is that acceptable? If so, let's sign a whole team's worth, all on frees.

As I've said elsewhere, for every Nelsen or Wilkins, there's a Hateley or Dyer. Signing 35 year olds is too much of a risk. Besides, we've already got a 35 and 34 year old CBs. No more tthanks.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Glevum_Hoop View Post
      Lol - not heard that one before - will use down pub tonight!!

But please, do not "pub and post"

QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        I agree. For me it is not all about their age, but more about the type of player & character they are, as well as what their wage will be.

QPR will need a few with Premiership experience, which is where a Rio Ferdinand or Lampard will be useful. I also think a few younger players 21-27 will be needed as they are likely to develop and perhaps be sold on for a profit (in the traditional QPR manner).

A mixture of these two groups can keep QPR up for a few seasons until such time that the club establishes itself as a Premierhip club, with a new youth and scouting set up, new training ground and hopefully a new stadium.

The other thing RF and FL, is that they are not the likely types who will take the 'p' out of playing for Redknapp and QPR, unlike the likes of Cisse or Bosingwa.
        well said, goes back to attitude and having the right mentality

plenty of young uns with bad attitudes - I remember when Adel got on a bus at half time at Fulham!1

Comment

Originally posted by Busheyboy View Post
          either way there'll be an uproar and some people enjoy whingeing

by the way, Philip Lahm just signed a new contract at Bayern

Then again, he's 30, so we wouldn't want him anyway!

also, noticed that Cristiano Ronaldo is 29, so he'd no good soon!1
          Yeah those to wont do us, ****** pensioners
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
            How about signing players over 35, as some are suggesting? Is that acceptable? If so, let's sign a whole team's worth, all on frees.

As I've said elsewhere, for every Nelsen or Wilkins, there's a Hateley or Dyer. Signing 35 year olds is too much of a risk. Besides, we've already got a 35 and 34 year old CBs. No more tthanks.

For me personally I dont really want to see any 35 year olds signed. Rio to me with his injuries and age is a gamble and Id prefer to sign a lescott who's 3 years younger and has a little more left in the tank.

The one thing I trust harry on though is bringing in players with the right attitude and I'm one of a few who actually believes he will buy sensibly and for the future as well as a few 'older' players.

Comment

For me personally I dont really want to see any 35 year olds signed. Rio to me with his injuries and age is a gamble and Id prefer to sign a lescott who's 3 years younger and has a little more left in the tank.

The one thing I trust harry on though is bringing in players with the right attitude and I'm one of a few who actually believes he will buy sensibly and for the future as well as a few 'older' players.

Just dont think a player at 30 -33 is over the hill by any means. I just hope we manage the type of contracts we offer players when they get to a certain age ie wage and length wise. 1 or 2 year deals at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Just dont think a player at 30 -33 is over the hill by any means. I just hope we manage the type of contracts we offer players when they get to a certain age ie wage and length wise. 1 or 2 year deals at the top.
                30 - 33 should be the max. Adding more 35 year olds is not wise. More prone to injury and longer recovery times.

How would people feel if we signed Parker and Crouch? They're both seasoned players with prem and international experience. Add Ferdinand Cashley and Lumpalard to the mix, with our seasoned internationals like Johnson and BZ, not forgetting Hill and Dunne.

Wot a team eh?
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

As I've said elsewhere, for every Nelsen or Wilkins, there's a Hateley or Dyer. Signing 35 year olds is too much of a risk.
                  Its not that black and white Richard signing any player of any age is a risk its about negating against it by doing your homework i.e. when West Ham signed a young player called Marco Boogers bet they never thought he would turn into a fraggle and end up living in a caravan

If were talking young players for every Austin there is a Di Carmine

Comment

I think the main question is "have WE (the fans) learnt nothing?" Too many people taking the papers as gospel.

Comment

Working...
                    X