Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All the Harry bashers, what you think of him now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    Before anyone starts pontificating about being ungrateful, it was his well paid job to get us up and he did it by the skin of his teeth.

But Harry is not the future. His reliance on getting more out of players in the twilight of their careers will not work in the EPL and was barely enough for the championship. We may not be Real Madrid, but we could be more like Swansea or Southampton, and start planning for a longer term future. Harry is not the man to get that ball rolling.
    Sensible post.....However, I do think he should get the chance to manage us in the premier league and am happy to wait and see what happens.

BTW.....some of the 'Harry is our saviour' posts are a trifle embarrassing........

Comment

Get rid of him. He got lucky last year and has never got us playing good football. Talk about injuries etc., but we havenHe's had his time, send him off for retirement.

Arry's got a track record of acting in his own interests - signing the same ex-players that his mates are agents for, and blaming others when it goes **** up. Can't resist waffling to the press. He's just another mug taking TF for a ride IMO, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

TF needs to veto moves for all of these 35yr old ex-England players he's going for. You cannot trust this guy with your money

Comment

give him a chance in the pl with his team

then make judgements

not before

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
          Before anyone starts pontificating about being ungrateful, it was his well paid job to get us up and he did it by the skin of his teeth.

But Harry is not the future. His reliance on getting more out of players in the twilight of their careers will not work in the EPL and was barely enough for the championship. We may not be Real Madrid, but we could be more like Swansea or Southampton, and start planning for a longer term future. Harry is not the man to get that ball rolling.
          Just like what he done at spurs? Was that a old team of over experienced prem players? How about he has the abillity to adapt to different situations and got us up last year. Half the players we have in the squad are out of contract this year. So whos to say we aint going to invest in up and coming players. You have just read the papers and presumed we are going after the england 2002 world cup team. Haven't even made a signing yet and your spouting rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Busheyboy View Post
            give him a chance in the pl with his team

then make judgements

not before
            I would tend to agree

Although I really hope he will be signing players for the next few years and not just next season
            We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              well said maids....
              Cheers mate - this board has some right plebs on it. Replace the boke who got us promoted after one of the most embarrassing seasons I had witnessed as fan the year before. What more do they want .

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                I would tend to agree

Although I really hope he will be signing players for the next few years and not just next season
                I agree but without some experienced players, we'll struggle

so getting the right balance has to be the plan

surely Harry and his chronies will know that

Comment

Listen two years ago was the best thing to happen to our club. Tf would of learnt from those mistakes and he has said we wont be going after the sort of players we have been linked with.
                  We got a fantastic chairman and a equally good manager whohas transformed our club in the space of 12 months and now has the chance to build from the ground up. Yes we might see 1 or 2 older players but I bet the rest will be for the now and the future. We need 7-9 players anyway.

Comment

The fact HR openly came out and said "if we didnt go up, i was probably going to pack it in" sums up exactly how our transfer policy will be while he is here. He will be retiring in the near future so why would he bring in players for the future when he wont be here to develop them? Short term, quick fix is what you can expect under HR as his reputation and "good name" is on the line.

To those who say one is ungrateful for speaking out against HR are deluded. Of course every QPR fan is grateful for the experience and day out we got at the playoff final, it just doesnt mean we allow the emotion of that day cloud our judgement on what we want for our club. My opinion of HR was formed way before he took over us and im not going to allow the playoff final (albeit one my best days as a QPR fan) to change my opinion of him!

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                      The fact HR openly came out and said "if we didnt go up, i was probably going to pack it in" sums up exactly how our transfer policy will be while he is here. He will be retiring in the near future so why would he bring in players for the future when he wont be here to develop them? Short term, quick fix is what you can expect under HR as his reputation and "good name" is on the line.

To those who say one is ungrateful for speaking out against HR are deluded. Of course every QPR fan is grateful for the experience and day out we got at the playoff final, it just doesnt mean we allow the emotion of that day cloud our judgement on what we want for our club. My opinion of HR was formed way before he took over us and im not going to allow the playoff final (albeit one my best days as a QPR fan) to change my opinion of him!
                      These are just presumptions though. You got no proof apart from tabloid talk to think thats the route HR is going to go down. The players he brought last year not loaned were all mainly under 26/27 and long term signings for the club. Ie Austin or you forgot about him and phillips and simpson. Rest were loans. Why is harry now incapable of buying players of that ilk again?

Your judging our manager who got us promoted on signings that havent even been made yet. Joke

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                        Cheers mate - this board has some right plebs on it. Replace the boke who got us promoted after one of the most embarrassing seasons I had witnessed as fan the year before. What more do they want .
                        Not to mention the one's who questioned whether TF was good for the club you got to laugh though
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                          Not to mention the one's who questioned whether TF was good for the club you got to laugh though
                          I know mate - Its embarrassing to be fair and a reason why we are getting a bad reputation. Makes me laugh people slagging harry and tf of about signings that haven't even been made yet.

Comment

This is a really tough one . I personally don't like redknapp , I think he's outdated and his footballing philosophey is a bit bizare at times . In his defence though he did the job he was briefed to do and you can't really ask more than that , look at west ham a couple of years ago , more or less an identical season to the one we've just had . Struggled to score at times and break teams down looking bang average all season yet gained promotion and have done ok in the prem since . It's a different league and some of our players will be better suited and with a couple of additions in the right areas I don't think we will struggle as much as we think at the moment . Bit off course there but in summery I'd be tempted to keep h this season if only for the experience and the new found unity the club seem to have found , if you take redknap away now after he's completed the job in hand things night turn sour and Christ do we need some stability

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              Tony Fernandes is very good for this football club and he holds his hands up when he gets something wrong.
                              A man that admits to his mistakes and just looks to rectify them so it doesn't happen again, hence why he is successful in business.

If you think a 67 year man that never admits when he is wrong and gives the same dead end press conferences wk in wk out, fantastic club and smashing set of fans blah blah blah should be considered exempt from any kind of criticism from the paying public, then I really am lost for words.
                              I tend to agree with you allot Nick but on this occasion I think a few home truths need to be said.

To call fans plebs for questioning a manager that had a terrific amount of luck maids is very out of order and if you said that in the street you would be tucked up on concrete.
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Sheesh guys !!!
                                He`s OUR manager and we ned some stabilty.
                                Surely that has to start with the man (whoever it may be) in the hot-seat.
                                In other news iv`e just heard Rick Mayall is dead. Anyone know if it`s true?
                                RIP Rick.

Comment

Working...
                                X