Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

we should not fear anyone outside the top eight!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    100%.

However much we love 'em, the current lot would be cut to bits. Of the ones mentioned Nico is too slow at EPL the days, Faurlin will take time and Phillips is well over rated for me.

No amount of heart makes up for a total lack of pace and precious little skill at the top level. But I actually think the powers that be have learned that we will not solve this problem by bringing in experienced players entering the twilight of their careers. TF said as much the other day. His main problem is making sure Harry doesn't succumb to his fondness for old lags.....
    Sadly have to agree with this......that squad needs strengthening in ALL areas except maybe for the goalkeepers....IMO.

Comment

We will need more than 2 strikers and a cb - anyone who thinks our midfield from last year is good enough is having a laugh. Our defence was our strong point and when austin was fit we had a goal acorer. Midfield we had no creativity. No one who pulled the strings or could pick a ball out. If we dont rectify that where are the chances come from?

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        We will need more than 2 strikers and a cb - anyone who thinks our midfield from last year is good enough is having a laugh. Our defence was our strong point and when austin was fit we had a goal acorer. Midfield we had no creativity. No one who pulled the strings or could pick a ball out. If we dont rectify that where are the chances come from?
        So our midfield had nothing to do with the team being solid defensively? I agree we were not creative enough but I think that's how the team was set up a lot of the time. I think it'll probably be more of the same next year. We'll need to start by being solid at the back. Going back to the topic I think a premiership class cdm and cam if we don't get Morrison will be enough in my opinion.
        Last edited by fisnik; 06-06-2014, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
          So our midfield had nothing to do with the team being solid defensively? I agree we were not creative enough but I think that's how the team was set up a lot of the time. I think it'll probably be more of the same next year. We'll need to start by being solid at the back. Going back to the topic I think a premiership class cdm and cam if we don't get Morrison will be enough in my opinion.
          Wish I felt like that!.......In my humble opinion, our current defence and midfield will be embarrassed week in week out in the premier league.

Comment

Not saying that we'll be the best defense in the PL. We'll probably let plenty in. We won't be stopping the big teams. What I'm saying is that we can expect Harry to have the same gameplan next season. We'll have to be compact and not give away easy goals. Don't expect an open and expansive style IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
              Harry to have the same gameplan next season. We'll have to be compact and not give away easy goals.
              wont work in the EPL often enough without personnel changes. Partner for Ned at CB needed. Yun in. As for holding midfield, current crop don't have the legs.

If we set up along the lines you suggest in the Prem with the current squad we will be easy meat. And don't forget you need an out going forward, pace needed there as well.

Forget the top teams, to play like Sotton or Swansea we'd need a whole new squad and most importantly, a new manager. This promotion was always going to be a massive ask, we were one of the poorest sides to go up in recent years imo. Even average Prem sides are used to teams shutting up shop and most have found away around that. It's not like we're Inter Milan during the Jose period.....

Im Rs for life natch but the fact is staying down would have meant the end of Harry and the beginning of a new era. And in the long term.... who knows?

Comment

Working...
              X