No announcement yet.

Respect for Steve McLaren

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southampton rumoured to be interested in him so if that comes off it could screw up Derby's hopes for next season...

Comment

Steve McLaren is different class.

Comment

when you think how we all hated him as England Manager i cringe now, it just shows how much he cares and a decent bloke he is. Every person to a man at QPR says how good the bloke is .

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
          I'd have him over Redknapp next season, still one of the best coaches in the game we have
          FFS give our 'arry a break. He's just got us promoted at the first opportunity when I actually thought we'd do a Wolves and drop down another league. His subs on Saturday were inspired and dropping Charlie into midfield after the sending off was a master stroke.... Schteve's response was to sub his two best players - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
            FFS give our 'arry a break. He's just got us promoted at the first opportunity when I actually thought we'd do a Wolves and drop down another league. His subs on Saturday were inspired and dropping Charlie into midfield after the sending off was a master stroke.... Schteve's response was to sub his two best players - go figure!
            I happen to agree with you and think we must at least give him a year. Harry knows the squad, which players to bring in and less likely to get us relegated.

Comment

Would like to see him back at QPR, be interesting to see if he's can get derby to the premier league next season

Comment

To be fair to him again, the England team he had were pretty dire. Typically a bunch of alleged star players that never performed as a team....sound familiar ;-)
                He deserves a good season, personally I think the experience of losing at wembley will strengthen the Derby resolve and I expect them to be next season's runaway champions.
                2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                  Southampton rumoured to be interested in him so if that comes off it could screw up Derby's hopes for next season...
                  good guy and i think he could do well at southampton cos there is a good structure and he deserves to be in the prem. derby could kick on next year but have they got the depth to cope if 2/3 of their players getting picked off in the summer, i dont know tbh - only thing when i have seen his interviews he goes a bit around the houses in interviews rather than focus on a couple of points so sometimes hes more accurate but less clear - as a manager you can end up with the wrong soundbite coming from that

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
                    good guy and i think he could do well at southampton cos there is a good structure and he deserves to be in the prem. derby could kick on next year but have they got the depth to cope if 2/3 of their players getting picked off in the summer, i dont know tbh - only thing when i have seen his interviews he goes a bit around the houses in interviews rather than focus on a couple of points so sometimes hes more accurate but less clear - as a manager you can end up with the wrong soundbite coming from that
                    It also looks like the vultures are circling Southampton too. Lambert and Shaw could be the first a many out the door....

Comment

Let's not get carried away.... Dropping Austin into midfield was not a master stroke, but an obvious action given he wanted to defend so pulled one of the strikers back into a vacant midfield berth.

As for Wolves, you cant compare if actually looking at the facts. They dropped to the championship, then sold their 3 best attacking players, Fletcher, Jarvis and Kightlley without replacing or further investing in the squad with any quality whatsoever. We on the other hand got rid of deadwood and signed arguably the best striker in the division in Austin, Arguably best winger in Philips, prem class players like Simpson, Krancjar, Oneil and Dunne etc etc etc... Chalk and cheese.

He got us up yes, but more luck than judgement for me, and for the most part the seasons performances and tactics have been left wanting far too many times. It is a myth that Harry is such a great manager, he isnt. Ok yes, great, nowhere near.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                        Harry knows the squad, which players to bring in and less likely to get us relegated the second time.
                        I've amended that for you
                        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

FFS give our 'arry a break. He's just got us promoted at the first opportunity when I actually thought we'd do a Wolves and drop down another league.
                          that was the key thing imo - if the club didnt have that 20 player clear out last summer it would have gone very badly imo and the new faces who were lots of freebies and out of contract and loans cos of ffp and so much money was tied up with the hughes players, but new and old they all stepped up to the plate during the season. Schteve said it was turned around in six weeks which is a very short time to put a new team together

Comment

Working...
                          X