Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did we get promoted without ever 'hitting form'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did we get promoted without ever 'hitting form'?

Seems to me we never really hit a purple patch this season. We ground out wins, we dug in when we had to but never really found our true form.
    I'm not cimplaining, just hope we can do the same next season!
    2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Originally posted by Kevster269 View Post
    Seems to me we never really hit a purple patch this season. We ground out wins, we dug in when we had to but never really found our true form.
    I'm not cimplaining, just hope we can do the same next season!
    You mean qualify for Europe?
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

As a minimum Kirill :-) if not I'll be disappointed!!
      2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

Comment

A promotion that was ground out with hard fought wins, just what is needed sometimes in this league

So in answer to your question Kev, yes I would say we did

Comment

We ground out every game this season.. Which I believe will now stand us in better sted going into the Prem.

Comment

Saturdays win epitomised our season, pray we serve up better next season, football is supposed to be entertaining
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

When the season ended we played a very tactical knock out tournament style of football, we became very compact and started to play how we nicked games at the start of the season, he bought in O'neil for cover in the middle , we conceded only 1 goal in three games of football , 1 goal in 300 minutes of football + extra time! thats how you win cup/ tournament style games, look at Italy in world cups how did Chelsea win in Europe , we found a way , that way was to dig in and be very hard to beat .

Comment

We looked decent for the first few games when McLaren was here
                "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                  When the season ended we played a very tactical knock out tournament style of football, we became very compact and started to play how we nicked games at the start of the season, he bought in O'neil for cover in the middle , we conceded only 1 goal in three games of football , 1 goal in 300 minutes of football + extra time! thats how you win cup/ tournament style games, look at Italy in world cups how did Chelsea win in Europe , we found a way , that way was to dig in and be very hard to beat .
                  The goal was promotion all along and I think Harry knew this was our only way to win the play offs, it wasn't pretty but it sure was exciting to me, every minute of it including the 0-0 draw in Wigan!
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

The funny thing is that maybe win did hit top form, but non of us realised it. Hard fought promotion miracle.

Comment

Back to the OP, I don't think we ever did play to what many on here expected and as the season progressed with some key injuries and all it was apparent to me we would be in a struggle to finish in a play off position! I did expect to turn some teams over in this league but it never really happened, even some of the big wins like Forest and away to Ipswich we were 2nd best for good parts of the match! I don't care now, we achieved our goal and it's time to build a squad for the Premiership!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                        The goal was promotion all along and I think Harry knew this was our only way to win the play offs, it wasn't pretty but it sure was exciting to me, every minute of it including the 0-0 draw in Wigan!
                        we played knock out football (cup football) better than Derby and Wigan

Comment

I'm not knocking the method or result, we got promoted which was always the aim (I hope!). I'm just a little nervous that we're going to have to play a LOT better next season to survive if we don't bring in some quality (but sensibly chosen) additions to the first team. How we got away with relying on one striker all season still baffles me! Thank god BZ and Charlie we're fit for the play offs!

Comment

its a results business and we got more than we didnt!.......possesion/shots/corners mean naff all.....only one stat counts goals for/against!
                            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevster269 View Post
                              I'm not knocking the method or result, we got promoted which was always the aim (I hope!). I'm just a little nervous that we're going to have to play a LOT better next season to survive if we don't bring in some quality (but sensibly chosen) additions to the first team. How we got away with relying on one striker all season still baffles me! Thank god BZ and Charlie we're fit for the play offs!
                              Lets be fair mate you can say that for most clubs, its more than just a step up now, look at palace last year take out Zaha they looked pretty ordinary in the play off final, look at the players they bought in you could only see them going down and the finish mid table ,i thought Hull may struggle yet Cardiff were the ones who really struggled

Comment

Working...
                              X