is it just me..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it just me..

i was at wembley on saturday with friends and family and every time i think back to that moment when bobby buried it , it brings a tear to my eye. the emotion of the celebrations was so intense , you could see how badly everyone wanted it, i think it will be one of my happiest moments till the day i die. the support was amazing. I'm so proud to be an R.

No it's not just you was the greatest day supporting the R'ssss in my life time, not the greatest game but the roar when we scored and then when the whistle went I doubt will ever be equalled, simply fantastic !

Comment

I will never forget the sea of blue and white flags. Never realised we had this big fan base when you look at our average home attendance of around 16-17k.
      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Agreed. Don't think a goal like that in those circumstances can be topped. Best day ever in terms of football in my life.

Comment

Yep I nearly welled up at the final whistle, I saw so many pals I know all round the ground.

To Jousef "Never realised we had this big fan base when you look at our average home attendance of around 16-17k. "

We have a massive fanbase, always have. To be honest 75% of of those hardly ever come to games for whatever reason. We could fill a 100,000 stadium if everyone who supported the R's came to every match. FACT

Comment

Still buzzing now.

Comment

Originally posted by NW9_RANGER View Post
              Agreed. Don't think a goal like that in those circumstances can be topped. Best day ever in terms of football in my life.
              Playing with ten men, backs to the wall defensive effort, another 30 mins of extra time looming where they were bound to score eventually, out of nowhere a winner, in the LAST MINUTE!

If you'd written the script everybody would have laughed at it. It will be a long time before Wembley sees a more dramatic winner! And they will NEVER again see the wild celebrations that followed!
              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

It was incredible and will always put a smile on our faces when we reminisce.

There wont be too many goals at Wembley as dramatic as ours, but ironically there was one only last year when Wigan scored at the death against City defying all the odds, but given the significance of the event, i would say our circumstances and the prize at the end of it meant ours was more incredible than Wigan's.

Comment

When I watched it again for the first time the next day, when Zamora scored the roar brought a lump to my throat.

Amazing scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by NW9_RANGER View Post
                    That about sums it up! It erased 86 for me, those were incredible scenes following the goal, I was breathless! I have a huge smile on my face still and when I got home last night had to watch the goal over and over!
                    @gatorTFC

Comment

When I looked at my mate who was with his kids at wembley and he was crying I knew it was something special that goal will always be with me
                      You Rsssssss

Comment

Working...
                      X