Steve Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Black

I noticed both at the home leg of the semi-final home leg against Wigan and the play-off final at Wembley, a well built guy with a white beard, wearing a red QPR track suit. I had no idea who he was, until I read a tweet by Joey Barton praising the motivational skills of Steve Black, a conditioning coach, whose background is I believe in rugby union. At the end of the game, after all the other players and other coaching staff had left the pitch, I saw that Joey came over to the opposite side of the pitch with the bearded guy and spent a few minutes celebrating with some fans in the stands on the halfway line. Can anyone confirm that the bearded guy was in fact Steve Black?

From this link, www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26866687, it would appear that Joey has been working one to one with Steve Black, and it would seem to me that if he is not already contracted to the Club, that they should take immediate steps to secure his services for next season so that the whole team can benefit from his skills.

Rewatched the match and before the game there was an interview between Harry and Jamie, basically Harry said he wish he'd met Steve Black years ago as his enthusiasm rubs off on everyone else and makes a huge difference, think it's fairly safe to say he's not off anywhere!

Comment

Harry spoke very highly of him too with his interview with Jamie Redknapp.

One of the unsung heros behind the scenes.

Johnny Wilkinson and Danny Cipriani's mentor amongst many others.

The club have been very smart hiring this type of person, addressing the psychological aspect of the game.

http://www.steveblack.co.uk

Comment

Steve Black is the best guy around at his job, fact.
        As was previously mentioned, his back ground is in Rugby Union and he is very highly rated.

Comment

It really shows that this guy has helped Joey a lot this season.

Well done,QPR.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Graham Norton View Post
            Rewatched the match and before the game there was an interview between Harry and Jamie, basically Harry said he wish he'd met Steve Black years ago as his enthusiasm rubs off on everyone else and makes a huge difference, think it's fairly safe to say he's not off anywhere!
            So this is the guy they were talking about?

Comment

Steve Black

I first heard of Steve Black when coaching a few years ago. His book, along with the Chimp Paradox is becoming a best seller in the world of sports science. The man is brilliant In the world of motivational, Teamwork etc. Heres his website:http://www.steveblack.co.uk

I heard many people including Joey, Harry, Gary O'neil and Kevin Bond mention how important this man was to the team behind the scenes especially over the playoffs. Did any one see Joey walking with Steve around the pitch before the game. He has been

I know signing the right players is vitally important to next season but the board Must included Blackie to work behind the scenes.

Comment

Harry wants Steve Black back next season

Redknapp said former nightclub bouncer Black was pivotal to QPR's Premier League promotion via the play-offs.

"For the first time this year we brought a guy into QPR and he's been fantastic.

Steve Black came in and did a great job for us, motivating players and spending time with them one-on-one as well. He's worked with Jonny Wilkinson for more than 10 years, he's got Danny Cipriani's career back on track, and he's amazing."

Redknapp recruited Black on Joey Barton's recommendation, admitting he will seek to employ the master motivator again next season.

"He works with Joey Barton to be fair, I was talking to Joey one day, and he was saying about the fantastic work this guy does with him, because Joey's had a great season.

And so I decided to meet him. He came down to Middlesbrough, had a chat with him and we brought him on board.

He did a great job for us and I'd love to have him back on board next year. I think he's a great motivator, he inspires confidence and belief in people, you spend time with him, and in meetings there are lots of positive words on the walls. He'll talk to everyone about being together as a group, what we have to do work for each other.

He certainly got me motivated listening to him, he makes you feel like you couldn't get beaten almost. Maybe he was right, because in that play-off final we came back and found a way.

That was always what he said: 'find a way, find a way', and God knows how, but we did."

Read more: http://www.itv.com/worldcup/redknapp...e-for-england?

Comment

Working...
                X