Junior Hoilett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior Hoilett

Just a quick word on Hoilett as not seen much mention of him in the wake of our glorious play off win, but massive credit to him. We'd played with 10 men defensively for 30 mins, and he was pretty much our only out ball for that period so must have been knackered, but still chased the apparent lost cause, won the tackle and made that goal. Lets not also forget it was his run and link up with Zamora that got us back in the Semi when he won the pen, and now that magic moment in the final.

He's taken a lot of flack this season and maybe hasn't met our high expectations yet, but fair play to him as he kept going and glad he played a key part.

Who knows, back in the prem, more time on the ball, he could rediscover his old Blackburn form and become a surprise package.

Mate your spot on with acknowledging what he done for the goal and again fair play to junior for that one moment....but he prob hasnt had much of a mention because apart from that moment he was pretty pony like most of the season. The bloke can go past two or three players but hardly ever puts in a decent ball, normally gets intercepted and then we go from being on the attack to being countered.
    I pray he isnt in the first 11 in the prem, we'd be punished far to often for his mistakes....Phillips will replace him and if it was me id sell him and get some money to invest in a player with a end product.

Comment

He had two less legs to aim at!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        Mate your spot on with acknowledging what he done for the goal and again fair play to junior for that one moment....but he prob hasnt had much of a mention because apart from that moment he was pretty pony like most of the season. The bloke can go past two or three players but hardly ever puts in a decent ball, normally gets intercepted and then we go from being on the attack to being countered.
        I pray he isnt in the first 11 in the prem, we'd be punished far to often for his mistakes....Phillips will replace him and if it was me id sell him and get some money to invest in a player with a end product.
        Absolutely he was pretty poor in the game, when he beat one he tried to beat another and lost out, or on occasion ran off the pitch, which is why I say fair play to him even more because he didn't let his head drop, which would've been the easy option, but he kept chasing to the death and got us our reward.

Also, bar our defence and Zamora, nobody had a good game. Barton has bossed games all season but was very off, Austin missed chances he'd normally bury and never hit the target, Oneil and Krancjar were non existent when on the pitch, Doyle won some ficks but nothing more. We were poor make no mistake, which makes the victory even sweeter.

Comment

I'm not having a go but anyone else notice that he completely miss controlled the throw in which then lead to him chasing it down. And the cross for the goal was terrible too.

But yes, bonus point for keeping his head up :-)

Comment

Hoilett has mostly been a bust for us but did come up with a couple game changing plays in the last two matches! I think we should sell him while we can!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
              Absolutely he was pretty poor in the game, when he beat one he tried to beat another and lost out, or on occasion ran off the pitch, which is why I say fair play to him even more because he didn't let his head drop, which would've been the easy option, but he kept chasing to the death and got us our reward.

Also, bar our defence and Zamora, nobody had a good game. Barton has bossed games all season but was very off, Austin missed chances he'd normally bury and never hit the target, Oneil and Krancjar were non existent when on the pitch, Doyle won some ficks but nothing more. We were poor make no mistake, which makes the victory even sweeter.
              Spot on mate, most of the players grafted with out doing anything spectacular. But they kept going and thats why your right to praise hoilett for the fact he was atleast still trying and in the end got got a bit of luck and reward. He just frustrated me massively because tbh I think he could be such a good player but for whatever reason he seems to have no end product which is such a shame for someone who can go pass two or three defenders.
              Ive noticed alot of our players dont pass him the ball as often as they should...He often is in space but seems to me the players have clocked on hes a liabillity.

Comment

Originally posted by Webb1977 View Post
                the cross for the goal was terrible
                Not true.

First of all he had two defenders right on top of him.

Secondly there was no one in the box at the moment he crossed it, so he had no choice but to hit it into the middle and hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                  Just a quick word on Hoilett as not seen much mention of him in the wake of our glorious play off win, but massive credit to him. We'd played with 10 men defensively for 30 mins, and he was pretty much our only out ball for that period so must have been knackered, but still chased the apparent lost cause, won the tackle and made that goal. Lets not also forget it was his run and link up with Zamora that got us back in the Semi when he won the pen, and now that magic moment in the final.

He's taken a lot of flack this season and maybe hasn't met our high expectations yet, but fair play to him as he kept going and glad he played a key part.

Who knows, back in the prem, more time on the ball, he could rediscover his old Blackburn form and become a surprise package.

Hoilett? Well the problem with him is that everyone knows what he is going to do, he goes around 1 or 2 players then gives the ball away.

He has a lot to prove to be honest and owes us big time, hopfully he can improve and be a good little player next season.

Comment

He done well getting the Pen in the play off semi, seems to be getting a bit better. Needs to improve again for next season but hes the type of player we need next year younger legs with a bit of prem experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Webb1977 View Post
                      I'm not having a go but anyone else notice that he completely miss controlled the throw in which then lead to him chasing it down. And the cross for the goal was terrible too.

But yes, bonus point for keeping his head up :-)
                      fair enough but did you notice the challenge he made to win the ball? He cleared their defender out, leaving him free to knock the ball in. Not something you would expect from him in the 89th min of a game. And his defensive display at wigan away was a vast improvement on what we have seen in the past. Think he should get more credit

Comment

Hoilett was involved in the wigan goal and yes at wembley and a couple more in the last few weeks and people now think because of this he's getting better and playing well! Not at all these glimpses seem to have blinded a few people on what he contributes to the team. Hes a ****** winger with no end product at all who loses the ball 8 times out of 10 when in attacking/threating positions resulting most of the time with us being countered.
                        He will cost us goals in the prem and the other end he doesnt deliver and this is a guy on serious money who should of torn up this league. Truth is there a alot better wingers in the championship the Hoillett.
                        The other thing is I dont think players in our team trust him to keep the ball or make the right decisons any more as in recent games when hes been open hes been last choice or completely ignored unless hes last resort. Those action speak louder to me than anything about hoilett

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                          Hoilett was involved in the wigan goal and yes at wembley and a couple more in the last few weeks and people now think because of this he's getting better and playing well! Not at all these glimpses seem to have blinded a few people on what he contributes to the team. Hes a ****** winger with no end product at all who loses the ball 8 times out of 10 when in attacking/threating positions resulting most of the time with us being countered.
                          He will cost us goals in the prem and the other end he doesnt deliver and this is a guy on serious money who should of torn up this league. Truth is there a alot better wingers in the championship the Hoillett.
                          The other thing is I dont think players in our team trust him to keep the ball or make the right decisons any more as in recent games when hes been open hes been last choice or completely ignored unless hes last resort. Those action speak louder to me than anything about hoilett
                          Think you are being very harsh on hoilett. Firstly, he's 23, so still has the best of years ahead of him and already has a vast amount of prem experience, as well as experiencing relegation and the subsequent promotion with us which i think is vital in keeping the team spirit/togetherness. Also his first 2 seasons have been a pretty chaotic time at Qpr in general so maybe he's found it difficult to settle. In regards to him not being trusted by others within the club, I think the fact harry started him in the 3 playoff games shows how much he rates him. we conceded once in those 3 games and he played pretty much every minute. If he is such a liability defensively, surely harry would have dropped him for wigan away? or the final? I agree he still needs to do more going forward but he has vastly improved his defensive game and with the switch to 4-4-2 we made in the last few games, he has been vital in our team performances.

And to your comment about him being on serious money so should have torn up this league, based on that logic Qpr as a whole should have torn up this league so to single him out is again very harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                            Think you are being very harsh on hoilett. Firstly, he's 23, so still has the best of years ahead of him and already has a vast amount of prem experience, as well as experiencing relegation and the subsequent promotion with us which i think is vital in keeping the team spirit/togetherness. Also his first 2 seasons have been a pretty chaotic time at Qpr in general so maybe he's found it difficult to settle. In regards to him not being trusted by others within the club, I think the fact harry started him in the the 3 playoff games shows how much he rates him and his ability. we conceded once in those 3 games and he played pretty much every minute. If he is such a liability defensively, surely harry would have dropped him for wigan away? or the final? I agree he still needs to do more going forward but he has vastly improved his defensive game and with the switch to 4-4-2 we made in the last few games, he has been vital in our team performances.

And to your comment about him being on serious money so should have torn up this league, based on that logic Qpr as a whole should have torn up this league so to single him out is again very harsh.
                            Mate how can I be harsh on a player who just hasnt performed and is on 50 k a week? I don't care if he's 23 tbh he just aint good enough. He doesnt do anything with the ball and watched him all year giving the ball away needless amounts of times in attacking positions time and time again. What do you think will happen in the prem when we are coming up against better players?
                            Whats the point in having a winger who can go past players but doesnt cross the ball or pass when someones free - or blasts a ball 20 feet away from where its suppose to go.

Hoiletts in the team because phillips is injured as far as im concerned and was our only natural winger left at the club with pace. Traore been injured on and of and tecnically a left back.

There isnt a case for hoilett as far as im concerned. Again why have a winger who doesnt deliver balls, no wonder we are short of goals we need more creativity.

My comment about the money is not harsh - the lad is paid 50 k a week in the second tier of english football we should be expecting him to be pretty special

Comment

This season how many games did Hoilett play?
                              how many goals did he score?
                              how many assists did he get?

Unfortunately the answer to those questions give some pretty bad results same as for the rest of the wingers.

Comment

Working...
                              X