No announcement yet.

Charlie Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We can't wait !! Just hope the Tube isn't on strike !
    Try and check out Austin's record against us. Pretty impressive . But that was against Cloughs Derby.. Nah.... He'll still ****** score !

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Monkey Ram View Post
      We can't wait !! Just hope the Tube isn't on strike !
      Try and check out Austin's record against us. Pretty impressive . But that was against Cloughs Derby.. Nah.... He'll still ****** score !
      Burnley are watching the play-off final with interest - if Derby lose, Dyche is known to be a big fan of Chris Martin, if QPR lose Austin could be a possibility but I think he would go to a bigger PL club - someone like Villa or Stoke. I don't think Burnley would pay £6-8 million transfer fee even if they could afford his wages.

The Sun (I know) are saying Everton and Hull want Austin next season. He is happy at QPR but is desperate to try his luck in PL - if you don't win Saturday he will be hard to keep next season.

I thought he would do well at QPR, but Charlie has done even better than I thought - I still rate him below Danny Ings and Jay Rodriguez of our recent strikers but ahead of Steve Fletcher.

Comment

I was gobsmacked when Southampton paid the money they did for Rodriguez....my opinion very much changed now, he is top drawer.
        http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
          I was gobsmacked when Southampton paid the money they did for Rodriguez....my opinion very much changed now, he is top drawer.
          Agree with that. was gutted he got injured as he certainly had a chance to go to the world cup. Ings has had 1 exceptional season in the championship, lets see if he can maintain it. charlie is more than proven at this level, needs to test himself a level up now!

Comment

Not in Remys class imo.
            @chrisrobson9

Comment

Since Sir Les:
              1. Remy.
              2. Helguson
              3. Austin.

Comment

Adore Austin but Remy is a champions league striker
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                  You and me both mellow. Remember nearly choking on my frosted shreddies when I saw that transfer fee but fair play to em he's turned out to be worth every penny. Class player.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by dpmd View Post
                    Since Sir Les:
                    1. Remy.
                    2. Helguson
                    3. Austin.
                    I'd squeeze in Furlong some where in there too
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I think it's fair to say that Austin isn't in Remy's class just yet. They obviously have different styles. It's such a shame we didn't see Remy in a Hoops shirt for even longer. But until Austin came along, I can't remember a striker who banged in the goals consistently like Sir Les did and is loved by everyone down at Loftus Road like Sir Les. It's still only his first season of course, but it seems we've finally got a striker who gets us on our feet. I just hope he or any other R's player can do the business for us so we can leave Wembley celebrating

Comment

Working...
                      X