Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Wembley Ticket Policy

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Del
    Gold Seat
    • Mar 2009
    • 8393

    #61
    Originally posted by Snaxo
    I actually tweeted Tony about this crazy policy of 1 ticket per member one day, then having to call back the next to be entitled to another - clearly not going to be together.

    Anyway he replied...so let's see if anything changes:

    Tony Fernandes ‏@tonyfernandes 7h
    @DamianBoys don't worry nothing decided. I agree with you. @philipb1 sorting it out today.
    Ask why there's 4 phases of sales where all members and ST holders can potentially buy 4 tickets each before any other fans needing a ticket have a chance to get any on general sale, if any are still available by then.....

    Comment

    • dsqpr
      Silver Seat
      • Sep 2012
      • 3433

      #62
      Originally posted by Mooo block
      We have 10,000 season ticket holders and 7,000 members. Each can get up to 4 tickets each before general sale. You can all do the maths I'm sure but Im a member and if I want to take someone I have to buy one in phase 2 and another in phase 3 and then I can get another 2 in phase 4.

      Therefor in the above scenario....I sit on my own, my boy sits on his own somewhere else and then I get two for mates who sit together somewhere else....this hasn't been thought through. Derby have two phases. Phase one, members and s/t holders, phase 2 general public. Why have we over engineered quite a simple process ????
      This is exactly my problem. I want two together and I don't want to wait until Phase 4!
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

      Comment

      • Snaxo
        Bronze Seat
        • Oct 2010
        • 732

        #63
        Originally posted by Del
        Ask why there's 4 phases of sales where all members and ST holders can potentially buy 4 tickets each before any other fans needing a ticket have a chance to get any on general sale, if any are still available by then.....
        I basically referenced the Derby model - which is far simpler, to make the point he responded to.

        Mind you....not seeing any changes yet.

        As someone suggested - why the over-engineering?

        Comment

        • Timmy the Doc
          Silver Seat
          • Jan 2012
          • 3193

          #64
          Availability is guaranteed during phase 1 & 2.

          Comment

          • oldskoolturk
            Bronze Seat
            • Aug 2011
            • 572

            #65
            Originally posted by Snaxo
            I basically referenced the Derby model - which is far simpler, to make the point he responded to.

            Mind you....not seeing any changes yet.

            As someone suggested - why the over-engineering?
            But the Derby process is simply 1 ticket per person until it goes on general sale. What everyone seems to have issue about is that from the off they want to buy tickets for non members.

            If everyone you want to go with (up to a maximum of 8) is a member then you will have no problem as you can purchase these all together in phase 2. If they are not members then well you have to wait all of 24 hours before you can buy 2 together one for a member and one for a non member.

            If you are season ticket holder and want to go with members then just get the ST holder to use their 2nd ticket for you.

            Personally, the whole point of having the ST and loyalty point system is so that when we do get to cup finals, people who have contributed get priority. That is all that is happening here. If people don't have memberships then surely you wouldn't expect to be able to get a ticket at the same time as ST holders and members?

            Comment

            • dsqpr
              Silver Seat
              • Sep 2012
              • 3433

              #66
              Originally posted by oldskoolturk
              But the Derby process is simply 1 ticket per person until it goes on general sale. What everyone seems to have issue about is that from the off they want to buy tickets for non members.

              If everyone you want to go with (up to a maximum of 8) is a member then you will have no problem as you can purchase these all together in phase 2. If they are not members then well you have to wait all of 24 hours before you can buy 2 together one for a member and one for a non member.

              If you are season ticket holder and want to go with members then just get the ST holder to use their 2nd ticket for you.

              Personally, the whole point of having the ST and loyalty point system is so that when we do get to cup finals, people who have contributed get priority. That is all that is happening here. If people don't have memberships then surely you wouldn't expect to be able to get a ticket at the same time as ST holders and members?
              This is a good point but would be more relevant if our total ST holders and members exceeded the available tickets. Since they don't, who should get priority for the remaining tickets (not taken up by ST holders or members): an ST holder who wants to take somebody, or a "random" non-ST holder and non-member who wants to go? I'm going to say the former. Followed by a member who wants to take somebody, followed by a non-ST holder and non-member. That, in a nutshell, is the issue.
              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

              Comment

              • lymehoop
                Gold Seat
                • Mar 2009
                • 7380

                #67
                any extra tickets I'm able to get will definately go to QPR fans
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

                Comment

                • oldskoolturk
                  Bronze Seat
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 572

                  #68
                  Originally posted by dsqpr
                  This is a good point but would be more relevant if our total ST holders and members exceeded the available tickets. Since they don't, who should get priority for the remaining tickets (not taken up by ST holders or members): an ST holder who wants to take somebody, or a "random" non-ST holder and non-member who wants to go? I'm going to say the former. Followed by a member who wants to take somebody, followed by a non-ST holder and non-member. That, in a nutshell, is the issue.
                  I agree. I think the phasing is badly worded, it's basically an extension of the number of tickets you can purchase on one client ref number.

                  Phase 1: STs max 2
                  Phase 2: STs max 2, members max 1
                  Phase 3: STs max 2, members max 2
                  Phase 4: STs max 4, members max 4
                  Phase 5: general sale

                  Comment

                  • Mooo block
                    Apprentice
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 247

                    #69
                    Originally posted by dsqpr
                    This is a good point but would be more relevant if our total ST holders and members exceeded the available tickets. Since they don't, who should get priority for the remaining tickets (not taken up by ST holders or members): an ST holder who wants to take somebody, or a "random" non-ST holder and non-member who wants to go? I'm going to say the former. Followed by a member who wants to take somebody, followed by a non-ST holder and non-member. That, in a nutshell, is the issue.

                    Agreed!

                    Comment

                    • dsqpr
                      Silver Seat
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 3433

                      #70
                      Originally posted by oldskoolturk
                      I agree. I think the phasing is badly worded, it's basically an extension of the number of tickets you can purchase on one client ref number.

                      Phase 1: STs max 2
                      Phase 2: STs max 2, members max 1
                      Phase 3: STs max 2, members max 2
                      Phase 4: STs max 4, members max 4
                      Phase 5: general sale
                      Yes, I can see what they are trying to do (ensure that every ST holder and member is guaranteed a ticket) but I think they've over-engineered for a worst case that would never happen and in the process made a mess of a normal case that is in play for a great many ST holders and members - who want to sit with the people they are taking along!
                      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

                      Comment

                      • Tarbie
                        Gold Seat
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 8542

                        #71
                        Originally posted by Mellowhoop
                        Don't panic 37,000 is a lot of tickets.
                        That's what I'm thinking mate, a lot of panic going on but I think there is bound to be a fair few that end up on general sale. The only real problem is members and/or season ticket holders that want to sit with non-members as they'll need to buy tickets separately!

                        Comment

                        • Del
                          Gold Seat
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 8393

                          #72
                          Originally posted by oldskoolturk

                          Personally, the whole point of having the ST and loyalty point system is so that when we do get to cup finals, people who have contributed get priority. That is all that is happening here. If people don't have memberships then surely you wouldn't expect to be able to get a ticket at the same time as ST holders and members?
                          I have no issue whatsoever with ST holders getting first priority, then members before general sale. My issue is there should be no phase 4. ST and members can each buy 2 tickets on their client ref number in phases 1-3, after which, they should go on general sale.

                          There's no reason to think they should all have a potential allocation of 4 tickets per client reference, it should be 2 before general sale, at which point, if they need more they can buy more, but just let everyone else have a fair crack of the whip too.

                          Comment

                          • Nick
                            Gold Seat
                            • Oct 2013
                            • 5593

                            #73
                            Originally posted by oldskoolturk
                            I agree. I think the phasing is badly worded, it's basically an extension of the number of tickets you can purchase on one client ref number.

                            Phase 1: STs max 2
                            Phase 2: STs max 2, members max 1
                            Phase 3: STs max 2, members max 2
                            Phase 4: STs max 4, members max 4
                            Phase 5: general sale
                            Phase 5???..... please no more phases!!!!!!
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

                            Comment

                            • oldskoolturk
                              Bronze Seat
                              • Aug 2011
                              • 572

                              #74
                              Originally posted by Del
                              I have no issue whatsoever with ST holders getting first priority, then members before general sale. My issue is there should be no phase 4. ST and members can each buy 2 tickets on their client ref number in phases 1-3, after which, they should go on general sale.

                              There's no reason to think they should all have a potential allocation of 4 tickets per client reference, it should be 2 before general sale, at which point, if they need more they can buy more, but just let everyone else have a fair crack of the whip too.
                              That's fair. Probably should have replaced phase 4 with 'anyone registered in the database'. Would be much fairer.

                              Apologies, I misunderstood your original point. Meant no offence

                              Comment

                              • QPR Richard
                                Gold Seat
                                • Sep 2011
                                • 6489

                                #75
                                37,332

                                Our allocation for the final. Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning at 10.00. See the website for details.
                                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

                                Comment

                                Working...