Have just complained to the BBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have just complained to the BBC

I'm not a natural complainer but I'm really hacked off by the BBC's Championship coverage. So I've just been on their website ( https://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/ ) to complain.

"I was delighted when the BBC won the rights to Football League matches after ITV's dire coverage. However, you have scheduled it at a very inconvenient time with (as far as I can see) no repeats. This is a sad contrast with your Premiership fixation, which takes a prime slots + a Sunday morning repeat. So I watch The Football League rarely, and mainly when my own club QPR is featured. So last night, seeing that Cardiff-QPR was a featured match, I stayed up late only to find that you gave the most limited of highlights - in fact no more that I can see at more convenient times on Sky Sports News. Instead you were pandering again to your (ex-)Premiership fixation by featuring Newcastle yet again. I will not be watching The Football League show again, and will be hoping that someone else wins the rights next time."

Would be good if others could do the same...

All the best, Roger

Likewise rog.
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Get real. Generally, there are 36 matches to cover each week. To fit into an hour long show, that's less than two minutes each on average.

The only people concerned about watching QPR win in the valleys are us QPR fans. No-one else gives a ****.

I know loads of people interested in Newcastle, so whilst I agree that there is a fixation, there is a story there.

The slot the programme has reflects its popularity in the scheme of things. It is available on the red button for a twenty-four hour slot and can also be seen on the web. I'd imagine you can record it too.

The ONLY thinhs worth complaining about IMO is the host, the 'expert' summariser and the waste of time emails.

Infinetly better than ITVs coverage and much better than the tabloid that is Sky Sports.

Just my opinion of course...

Comment

Originally posted by davman View Post
        Get real. Generally, there are 36 matches to cover each week. To fit into an hour long show, that's less than two minutes each on average.

The only people concerned about watching QPR win in the valleys are us QPR fans. No-one else gives a ****.

I know loads of people interested in Newcastle, so whilst I agree that there is a fixation, there is a story there.

The slot the programme has reflects its popularity in the scheme of things. It is available on the red button for a twenty-four hour slot and can also be seen on the web. I'd imagine you can record it too.

The ONLY thinhs worth complaining about IMO is the host, the 'expert' summariser and the waste of time emails.

Infinetly better than ITVs coverage and much better than the tabloid that is Sky Sports.

Just my opinion of course...
        Get real..? They advertise us as a featured game and then show Newcastle (again) instead..!

Comment

We would have been shown if Flavio was there and we had lost...

The BBC were looking for negative Flavio press and not the football

Comment

You can catch up on bbc iplayer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...10_19_09_2009/

or

Our own highlights are shown here normally 24-48 hours after the football league goes out

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pr/default.stm

or

push the red button on your tv while watching the bbc today

I agree i think we should get longer but probably so do all other teams fans

I too thought the timing of the show was bad but i found that there are many other ways to watch

Comment

Slightly off topic but fantastic avatar
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
                Slightly off topic but fantastic avatar
                Cheers

The picture came up in discussion a few weeks back and i thought i needed a change

Comment

Great goal from furs a terrific day out
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Must admit after seeing we were the featured game I too stayed up late to watch it rather than recording it and was highly disappointed.

Still better than ITV though IMHO
                    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Sky + it, think i'll save my self the pain and just hit delete

Comment

Working...
                      X