Just Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Back!

Yes I do live on the wrong side of the bridge lol!

Anyway..... Great performance today from the team veryone performed well really! Cardiff were pretty poor though but then it could be said that we didn't let them play! Simpson took both goals superbly especially the 2nd one, Vine hit the post early in the 2nd half when he probably should have scored, during a period of about 10 minuts where I don't think Cardiff touched the ball we were different class during this time! Were solid everywhere today and didn't really look like conceeding at any point, in the end was a comfortable and wel deserved victory and it's not often you can say that about a Rangers away game!
    I think Simpson was the biggest difference for us if we had Agyemang up front then those two goals would not have been scored and Cardiff would have come out the 2nd half and probably sneaked one! That is the difference and it's what we have needed for a long time, before the goal the game wasn't particularly exciting and it's having somone like Simpson who gets that one half chance and bang it's 1-0 and a different game! His generally play was great as well worked very hard and made life difficult for the defenders.

Cerny - 8 - Barely anything to do but everything he had to do he did well!

Legs - 7 - Not 100% convinced he should be playin at RB instead of Ramage but he was very good with his passing when in tight situations and worked well with Watson and Routledge to move the ball about.

Stewart - 7 - pretty solid today but I allways wonder when the next clanger is going to come. Was unlucky to get booked for what was a very good tackle.

Gorkks - 8 - Solid, won almost everything in the air kept Chopra quiet which isn't easy, until Chopra got booked you wouldn't have known he was playing!

Borrowdale - 7 - Still not 100% on him but showed a vast improvement and looked more comfortable with the ball and coming forward. Wasn't great defensively against Burke though he is a good winger.

Routledge - 7 - Created the 2nd goal, and had a few great runs after a quiet first period where Cardiff had obviously been keen to keep tight on him, he switched flanks with Buz which resulted in the 2nd goal and performed well after that! Our most consistant played IMO and early player of the season form.

Watson - 9 - Everywhere, a proper CM gets stuck in spreads the ball about, great passing and tackling exactly what we needed. Not a fancy dan he just gets about and makes it difficult for the other team to play. Him and Rowlands controlled the whole game from breaking up play to starting attacks both of them were superb.

Rowlands - 9 - Same as Watson really, anyone who thinks he wouldn't be the same or couldn't make the team anymore is dreaming. We are a different team when he plays and in Watson we have found the perfect partner for him IMO they are both proper central midfielders I would be starting this pair every week!

Buzsaky - 7 - Seemed much more lively today and getting back to his old ways some lovely touches and control, had a few long range efforts that didn;t work out but overall was great to see him getting back to form, being out on the wing didn;t seem to effect him and he got pretty involved in the game.

Vine - 7 - Agains a player who seems to be heading back to form was much better today than he has previously been. Should have scored with the effort that hit the post and was a shame he didnt as I'm sure it would have done his confidence the world of good! Him and Simpson seemed to work well together though. He was allowed to drop off like he used to under Di Canio and looked the better for it, i'm sure the goals will come.

Simpson - 9 - Excellent two brillaintly taken goals especilly the 2nd, worked hard all day, challenged for everything and won more than his fair share. Cardiff found him very difficult to deal with. Hopefully those two goals will be the start of a good run there no doubt in my mind he has the potential, he's got great speed and strength and he makes great runs into the right positions. Both goals were because he made the right runs at the right time.

Subs...

Pellicori - 6 - Didn't have much to do seemed to get stuck in though. Not a 1st teamer IMO but useful as a sub to cause problems late on as he did here.

Agyemang - 6 - Didn't have much time, didn;t do anything wrong but didn't do anything right either.

Best I've felt coming away from a QPR game in ages! Let's hope this starts off a bit of a run, and dare I say it I think Jim may be beginning to work out his team!
    Fair play to the players and Jim who all came over and applauded the fans at the end of the game, this should happen every week! And the support although there wasn't that many was superb and were loud for the whole game. Even the stadium was nice, shame it's to big for them!

Cheers for that.

Well done.

Comment

nice report-thanks
      Now, Then, Forever
      [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Great mate!

So nice to read a "just back" after a win!
        Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Lets just hope we will sign BW in January. He seems to be making a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
            Great mate!

So nice to read a "just back" after a win!
            Ain't it just.... when we scored the 2nd goal me and the old man just looked at each other and laughed we weren't sure how to celebrate a 2nd!

Comment

You didnt see a genuine fan with a blackberry that dont send pics for some reason did you fez
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post

Watson - 9 - Everywhere, a proper CM gets stuck in spreads the ball about, great passing and tackling exactly what we needed. Not a fancy dan he just gets about and makes it difficult for the other team to play. Him and Rowlands controlled the whole game from breaking up play to starting attacks both of them were superb.
                Watson's been great in the two matches he's played for us so far. If we signed him in January it would be one of our best ever signings - well worth the 2 million fee..

Comment

Originally posted by New Cross R View Post
                  Watson's been great in the two matches he's played for us so far. If we signed him in January it would be one of our best ever signings - well worth the 2 million fee..
                  Agreed If I had to make a decision today I would sign him without a doubt! Top class!

Comment

Fez, thanks for the report. It was very impressive win and performance by the sounds of it. Lets hope we've turned the corner.

Comment

Great report Fez. pinch me someone i'm dreaming!!!

3 points off top six the world is wonderful again. Let's enjoy wednesday but lets make sure of 3 points next saturday
                      oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Great write up

thanks

Comment

well if watson shows his consistency then we should really buy him.

Great report as well :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                            You didnt see a genuine fan with a blackberry that dont send pics for some reason did you fez

Comment

cheers mate

Comment

Working...
                              X