Clint Hill.. Rangers Gaffer in the making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
    I've admired your manager for a long time listening to him over the years. I hope you can keep him. Was good to hear you are slapping a 30k max on wages next season. This should leave you with a surplus from the prem money to pay debts off?
    Yes, I like Pearson a lot, although a minority of our fans were wanting him out last season. Astonishing thing about him is that City was the first team he ever managed for a complete season - and he got us promoted as champions from the third tier at the first attempt. Since then he's got us to two playoffs and another promotion, which makes you wonder what some people want.

Pearson has a very strong opinion about "value" which is why he has kicked out a load of big-time charlies on high wages: Beckford, Danns, Mills, Gallagher have all either gone or gone on loan. He'd rather have good youngsters like Drinkwater, James, Knockaert etc. But we shall see: I think the Prem is a big step up, and we will probably struggle, at least for a while. But yes, I think we should be able to break even in a couple of seasons, if we stay up.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Nice to hear but if were honest we have been hearing the exact same thing now for two seasons. Its not words that count its actions

The way this season has nose dived i think we need to review the mercenaries tag as we now have a team of the alleged 'Right Sorts' but are performances/efforts any better then they were last season???

I remember HammersithR saying last season when we had player after player come out and say we need to stand up and be counted saying stop talking about what you should be doing and do it instead.

Same applies here we know they have been s hit and under performing I dont need them to tell me that I want them to go out on the pitch and do something about it. Potentially 8 games for them to do that and turn what has been a horror of a season (league position aside) into something of a success
      tbf west you are guilty of encouraging to many so called 'right sorts'. Fact of the matter is the side lack someone who can pick a pass and we are starved of flair.

How you can think we're better off without adel shocks me because then you go back into the correct mode with a very good post.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by LanguedocFox View Post
        Personally, I think the best managers are those young, well-trained and disciplined professionals who don't come with a big "personality", but who know about picking players and moulding them into a real team.

In summary ....... Eddie Howe

Comment

Originally posted by Since1971 View Post
          In summary ....... Eddie Howe
          get him in!!!

Comment

Having clint as our manager would be an honour.

Comment

Working...
            X