One way of looking at this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One way of looking at this.

If said in July that we would finish in the Top 6 this season, we would have all taken it there and then.
    But, I think the frustration we are all going through is how we look now compared to earlier in the season.
    We didn't score many goals but were tight and hard to beat.
    Now, all the games we have left looked winnable months ago, but now you struggle to find a clear win from them.

Once we achieve the play off place, we need to focus on them play off games.
    Rest a few key players for the remaining league games, give the youngsters a chance to see what they can offer us.

Would be good to go into the play off games with a Petrasso with match time, and willing to fight till the death.

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
    If said in July that we would finish in the Top 6 this season, we would have all taken it there and then.
    But, I think the frustration we are all going through is how we look now compared to earlier in the season.
    We didn't score many goals but were tight and hard to beat.
    Now, all the games we have left looked winnable months ago, but now you struggle to find a clear win from them.

Once we achieve the play off place, we need to focus on them play off games.
    Rest a few key players for the remaining league games, give the youngsters a chance to see what they can offer us.

Would be good to go into the play off games with a Petrasso with match time, and willing to fight till the death.
    I assume the "willing to fight to the death" part also only applies to Petrasso, since we have many players who will NEVER do this for us.

In a nutshell, I think that is our problem. In Cup Tie football, the team that wants it more usually wins. And we will be the play off team that wants it the least.

I am not hopeful.
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

If given the chance the young lads would give if there all.
      If we cement the play off place with maybe 3 games to go, then recall every youngster currently on loan elsewhere a chance.
      Really don't wanna see us in the first play off leg with the same line up we are currently with.
      Gambles need to be taken on Hitchcock, Skapetis and Petrasso.
      We can't go into the play off semis with what we have now.
      Some players don't deserve to be in the Wembley Area, should we make it that far.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
        If given the chance the young lads would give if there all.
        If we cement the play off place with maybe 3 games to go, then recall every youngster currently on loan elsewhere a chance
        Really don't wanna see us in the first play off leg with the same line up we are currently with.
        Gambles need to be taken on Hitchcock, Skapetis and Petrasso.We can't go into the play off semis with what we have now.
        Some players don't deserve to be in the Wembley Area, should we make it that far.
        Sorry mate but its just not going to happen.. There is no way redknapp will give our youth a chance. Hitchcock scored the winner earlier on in the season and doesn't get a look in again.. He'd rather start with 33 year old Luke Young at centre back than a 19 year old Coll Donaldson.. it just aint going to happen. you only have to look at Redknapps record

Like your optimism though!

Comment

Working...
        X