Nigel Pearson - Leicester will not make wholesale changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigel Pearson - Leicester will not make wholesale changes

Too bad Warnock didn't show this kind of wisdom otherwise we might still be in the top flight and he might still be manager.

"We have got a lot of players here who are capable of making the step up, they have worked hard and deserve the opportunity as well.

"With the work ethic we have, and the quality we have within the squad, it's a really good foundation.

"If we can add the right players to that, then of course we will try to do that, but we certainly shan't be looking to make wholesale changes."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26925453
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
    Too bad Warnock didn't show this kind of wisdom otherwise we might still be in the top flight and he might still be manager.

"We have got a lot of players here who are capable of making the step up, they have worked hard and deserve the opportunity as well.

"With the work ethic we have, and the quality we have within the squad, it's a really good foundation.

"If we can add the right players to that, then of course we will try to do that, but we certainly shan't be looking to make wholesale changes."

Warnock mostly kept faith in the squad.

He added Campbell, Bothroyd, Ferdinand, Young, Barton, Dyer, Gabbidon, Traore and SWP, although these were clearrly not all his 1st choice players, Routledge Graham & Willams would have been his choices ahead of SWP, Bothroyd and Ferdinand Gabbidon.

My criticism against him was mostly not giving Gorkss, Connolly, Smith & Buzsaky more of a chance and gradually adding to the squad in August and January.

The team could have looked something like this from August had Tango & Cash allowed Warnock to spend momey or sold the club to Mittal in June/July.
    Kenny;
    Young, Williams, Gorkss, Hill;
    Barton, Derry;
    Routledge, Taarabt, Smith;
    Helguson
    Subs: including Murphy, Connolly, Ramage, Buzsaky, Campbell
    Maybe not a top half side but would have held their own until more signings in Jan. They were top 14 until December when injuries started to take their toll, especially on Helguson.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post

Sounds great on paper, but those Thai fella's will want to stay in the Premiership and will spend some cash. Yeah some will stay but I bet they make at least 6 signings. £5 says so - which would be me buying you a beer (whilst we celebrate our promotion by winning 3-1 at Wembley).

Comment

They all bang on about not making wholesale changes but it is inevitable - you just have to get it right like Palace and Hull are proving.

Leicester will soon find out that they aren't as good as they think for the PL - as will any team going up this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          They all bang on about not making wholesale changes but it is inevitable - you just have to get it right like Palace and Hull are proving.

Leicester will soon find out that they aren't as good as they think for the PL - as will any team going up this season.
          The voice of reason.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            Warnock mostly kept faith in the squad.

He added Campbell, Bothroyd, Ferdinand, Young, Barton, Dyer, Gabbidon, Traore and SWP, although these were clearrly not all his 1st choice players, Routledge Graham & Willams would have been his choices ahead of SWP, Bothroyd and Ferdinand Gabbidon.

My criticism against him was mostly not giving Gorkss, Connolly, Smith & Buzsaky more of a chance and gradually adding to the squad in August and January.
            My biggest criticism was dropping Helguson and adding Bothroyd. How he thought that was an upgrade I will never know. I also agree with you about Gorkss and Gabbidon/Ferdinand (I was not a fan of Connolly though).

In general, of course you need to strengthen to survive in the top flight. But I don't think you need to make wholesale changes. Just have faith in the team that got you there and bring in stronger players as they become available. Three or four key signings in the transfer window should be more than enough if you have a good nucleus, as we did and as Leicester seem to have.
            Last edited by dsqpr; 08-04-2014, 04:17 PM.
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

We wanted to run before we learn how to walk! It is the first time in QPR's history that so much money was made available to bring quality players to Loftus Road. However, never in my life supporting the R's (nearly fifty years!) have we flopped and ended in such a big mess. Its not how much you spend, its how you spend it. And we couldn't have trusted two worst managers then MH and HR to spend it.

Comment

Working...
              X