Harry seems to lack passion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry seems to lack passion

I have never rated the guy as a great manager. Just because he is a down-to-earth chap, and one who players and fans can easily relate to, he has become a great favourite with the media and commentators. Which is fair enough, but that doesn't make him a great manager. He did a decent job at Bournemouth and West Ham, and was ok for Suprs, but he has always been tactically naive, and his greatest strength as a manager lied in him building a relationship with the players and the players then going out there and working hard - he was, as they say, a great "motivator".

However, Harry seems to have lost the ability to motivate. Have you seen how "dead" he looks? I don't want to sound ageist, but he seems to be getting old and not have the energy and passion he might have had before. I don't dislike Harry. I don't want people to look back at his time at QPR and think what a miserable failure he was. I wish Harry would do the honourable thing and resign. Enjoy a career in the media and enjoy your older years relaxing, it would be best for him and best for QPR.

Nowadays you need a coach not a manager. These modern footballers want to be coached the modern ways.
    Harry doesn't do the coaching, Bond does most of it.. All Harry does is watch and pick the team. The players have said he keeps himself to himself.
    I think we have lacked fitness all season as well hence the injuries, which is down to the coaching.
    No disrespect to HR and Bond but they don't know the modern way, the sport science etc etc. They are im afraid.. dinosaurs

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      Nowadays you need a coach not a manager. These modern footballers want to be coached the modern ways.
      Harry doesn't do the coaching, Bond does most of it.. All Harry does is watch and pick the team. The players have said he keeps himself to himself.
      I think we have lacked fitness all season as well hence the injuries, which is down to the coaching.
      No disrespect to HR and Bond but they don't know the modern way, the sport science etc etc. They are im afraid.. dinosaurs

That's just it, isn't it. I wish it wasn't, but it is.

Comment

Can't argue with that.

Comment

hughes and co were big on the sport science thing...that didn't go too well......other prem managers have stated that too much was made over the science.
          you obviously want players fit, I think the main complaint/discovery of the managers was that sports science picking teams, ie on blood chemistry etc was going too far.
          apart from that diet and training regimes through science is a fairly mature and easily imported product, so I doubt sports science is the problem

Comment

thanks for picking those 3 words out of the whole paragraph and making your own paragraph about it... anything to disagree on this forum

Comment

Working...
            X