Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who is the weakest link in each Championship side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post
    Well, that's put me off this site now. Threats from someone that doesn't like to be spoken to not nicely can always end up with assassination attempts.

You guys had best watch your backs, a death threat has been issued!!!
    I don't issue threats. And as for assassinations, trust me, I wouldn't do time for pathetic individuals like them. And they say women are bit*chy! We ain't got nothing on these dudes!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lurker View Post
      Incidentally, as you and your friends VBlockRanger, WeAreQPR12 & Richard Treml have been discussing on Twitter, yes, I do get everywhere. I'm SO glad that you found my post on LFW.

So, I'd watch what you're saying, if I were you. And not just about me!!
      You got me worried my head could end up in the chicken stew if i run down your niko on here or twitter now

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
        You got me worried my head could end up in the chicken stew if i run down your niko on here or twitter now
        Nah! I wouldn't spoil a good chicken stew!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lurker View Post
          Nah! I wouldn't spoil a good chicken stew!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
            Nico has no extra gear to go past players and should be used in the way you suggest - as the link up man - the problem is you never see anyone show for the ball, either square of him, in front of him and certainly not with a burst of pace to go past him into space. The role he's best at playing reminds me of the similarly one paced, multi talented ball player of the 80's & 90's, Jan Molby, but that Liverpool team worked hard, made triangles all over the pitch and had the likes of Aldridge, Rush and Dalglish in the early years and Barnes, Fowler, Macmanaman and Rush after that, all making the kind of runs we can only dream of. Watching Rangers is like taking a trip to Madame Tussaud's, in terms of the amount of movement and fluidity - and that doesn't suit Nico's best assets. Does that make him the weak link? Or is it the whole style of our play? I don't think I ever see more than one option for a player on the ball whereas, watching say Brighton in the Cup the other day there were options galore, watching Leicester there is pace everywhere and even Burnley have their one style of lump it up, knock it down and leave the goals to the poachers style. All of these seem to work, except for the stand like statues and wait for someone else to gamble style we are playing (borrows Brighton R's avatar to finish the rant)
            Molby was brilliant.

I've been watching AT at Milan and what appears striking is he doesn't run with the ball into trouble and lose it as was the case in the premiership years. By playing with players that move and are talented has made all the difference, in the champs league game every pass or cross he made appeared to successful.
            I think in our championship year, our team was quicker and had more movement.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
              Molby was brilliant.

I've been watching AT at Milan and what appears striking is he doesn't run with the ball into trouble and lose it as was the case in the premiership years. By playing with players that move and are talented has made all the difference, in the champs league game every pass or cross he made appeared to successful.
              Adel is suited to Italian Football as it's not fast paced like the English Game.
              I think he will shine out there as its a laid back style of football.
              He will be given plenty of time on the ball to conjure up something out of no-where.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                Molby was brilliant.

Molby was my favorite player of his time outside of those in a Rangers shirt. I agree with what you say about AT - save that movement isn't a talent in itself, it's just a natural phenomenon of footballers that want to play as a team - the talent in addition will always help, but even ordinary teams can play progressive football if they are prepared to shift. Watching Barnet under Davids was a prime example, the football was great but they just couldn't score enough goals, Orient have been doing it all season with very ordinary players and of course there are teams at our level with inferior players to us that play a far more expansive game. Any of Molby, AT and Nico would thrive in those sorts of teams but would also look ordinary in a team playing the way we do. I just hope the addition of Morrison means everything goes up a notch or two, but I'm not holding my breath
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                X