Kevin Doyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Doyle

Not the best of games today but 2 goals in 3 games, so cant argue with that.

Thoughts on him so far?

And between him, Morrison, Maiga and Keane (and Charlie if he returns early enough) is that enough fire-power to keep us in contention?

Looks like Harry will be reverting to 4-5-1 now too, judging be his post-match comments, so Morrison in a floating role perhaps...

Worked hard.

Looked distinctly average for most of the game, but was in right place to grab a goal. Looks to be the best option we have available.

Comment

NO

Comment

To be fair to the bloke he doesn't exactly get great service.

Comment

Very, very average. Not impressed with him tbh. He was a passenger today and on Monday. Not the answer to our problem in spite of scoring 2 in 3. Lucky goal today.

Comment

as deeps said!!!
            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Yes, two goals in three games is a good return, but I'm reserving judgement for the time being.
              Still not convinced that the club did well in plugging the gap left by Charlie Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                Worked hard.

Looked distinctly average for most of the game, but was in right place to grab a goal.
                Always a good sign isnt it.

Will he be our poaching fox in the box?

Comment

Past it, no where near the player he was a few years ago when he had some pace. I mean he'll chip in with a goal every now and then but it's not enough.
                  "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

like I said in another thread, £7m????
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

He's a striker, his job is to score goals, 2 in 3.... job done so far

...now lets hope the other's start doing their job
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                        He's a striker, his job is to score goals, 2 in 3.... job done so far

...now lets hope the other's start doing their job
                        I'm with you mate.
                        He was signed as a replacement for Charlie and has so far got 2 goals.
                        The whole idea is to get the ball in the net which he has been doing.
                        How some can slate a player for his conversion rate so far is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                          Past it, no where near the player he was a few years ago when he had some pace. I mean he'll chip in with a goal every now and then but it's not enough.
                          Is a player "past it" at 30 now?

Comment

Very average. Yes he has 2 goals in 3 games but doesn't look good on the ball, no pace, falls over quite a lot. But then again we've been used to Charlie all season.

Comment

He could have had 2 today if his neck was longer.
                              Doyle is getting in the right positions that you would expect from a Goalscorer.
                              He certainly shouldn't be getting any abuse as he is scoring goals so far.
                              It's the defence that's gone to *#*# that is letting us down.

Comment

Working...
                              X