Our So Called Premier League Quality Squad Lets Take a Closer Look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our So Called Premier League Quality Squad Lets Take a Closer Look

The media have hyped us up with Rangers have a premier league squad. Well we certainly don't play like we do and when you look at it I would argue we don't

We have players who have premier league experience but that don't mean their a premier league quality players. I would argue of the players we currently have only four are proper premier league quality those being BAE, Barton (at a push), Nedum (cant get a game) and Austin (personal view as not played there)

Lets look at the others:

Niko got in a Pompey side that struggled could not get a game at Spurs a proper prem side (Not prem quality in my book)
    Hoillett played in a struggling Blackburn side and when available no other prem side wanted him (NPQ)
    Dunne was proper prem player but not anymore (NPQ)
    Zamora was decent in the day in the top flight but not anymore and only played in lower league prem sides (NPQ)
    Johnson as above (NPQ)
    SWP has been shot since we got him (NPQ)
    Carroll not even close to getting in Spurs side but is young (NPQ)
    Henry does what it says on the tin but hes NPQ
    Jenas squad player (NPQ)

There are other players which I am sure others will add who I am sure the above will apply

So yes we have players that have played in the premier league but they have been in sides that have struggled and have been relegated or they have been in sides where they have not got a sniff of game so their premier league players by definition because they have played in the top flight but that don't make them premier league quality players.

The media have built our squad up to be way better then it actually is and me, others on this board and the general football public have fallen for it and believed what we have been told as you would think these alleged premier league players are top top players capable of playing in top six sides when what they were were struggling premier league players

Premier league players in name only not their quality and I think that sums up our current situation

F ucking fed up

Totally agree. You forget the great signing of Yossi.

Harry's two best signings are Championship players, Austin and Phillips. He should have bought more players of this ilk. Too many ex ELP in the team for my liking and past their best.

Some of the fans on here believe all the hype.

Comment

good post westie....look i think any side losing faurlin/austin/phillips/simpson would struggle but the blame is with redknapp for bringing in his mates who are past their best and not hungry!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

O'Neill is another one decent enough player at what he does but hes steady and is not going to tear a league apart he fits into a side that has better players around him and he is the water carrier he is not a player who is going to make an average side a better one as Austin or Phillips would

Too many average players and not enough that can make a difference

Comment

the nucleus is there but must rid the deadwood n aging!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
            the nucleus is there but must rid the deadwood n aging!
            Benefit is most the deadwood are loans so can be shifted easy enough

Comment

yes westie but im affraid clint time to say goodbye or keep just as squad back up!

Comment

Be prepared for parker........

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  The media have hyped us up with Rangers have a premier league squad. Well we certainly don't play like we do and when you look at it I would argue we don't

We have players who have premier league experience but that don't mean their a premier league quality players. I would argue of the players we currently have only four are proper premier league quality those being BAE, Barton (at a push), Nedum (cant get a game) and Austin (personal view as not played there)

Lets look at the others:

Niko got in a Pompey side that struggled could not get a game at Spurs a proper prem side (Not prem quality in my book)
                  Hoillett played in a struggling Blackburn side and when available no other prem side wanted him (NPQ)
                  Dunne was proper prem player but not anymore (NPQ)
                  Zamora was decent in the day in the top flight but not anymore and only played in lower league prem sides (NPQ)
                  Johnson as above (NPQ)
                  SWP has been shot since we got him (NPQ)
                  Carroll not even close to getting in Spurs side but is young (NPQ)
                  Henry does what it says on the tin but hes NPQ
                  Jenas squad player (NPQ)

There are other players which I am sure others will add who I am sure the above will apply

So yes we have players that have played in the premier league but they have been in sides that have struggled and have been relegated or they have been in sides where they have not got a sniff of game so their premier league players by definition because they have played in the top flight but that don't make them premier league quality players.

The media have built our squad up to be way better then it actually is and me, others on this board and the general football public have fallen for it and believed what we have been told as you would think these alleged premier league players are top top players capable of playing in top six sides when what they were were struggling premier league players

Premier league players in name only not their quality and I think that sums up our current situation

F ucking fed up
                  Good post and oh so true.

Comment

yes westie but im affraid clint time to say goodbye or keep just as squad back up!
                    Concur we now leaking goals at an alarming rate. Nedum is way to good to be on the bench you could justify it when we were watertight but that's no longer the case and he needs to come back in

Could possibly consider three at the back but ne way or the other we need to find a space for Nedum
                    Last edited by West Acton; 16-02-2014, 08:44 PM.

Comment

couldnt agree more...surely make sense to give dunne/hill a rest get ned in with a bit of pace we are so alarmingly lacking in the middle!

Comment

couldnt agree more...surely make sense to give dunne/hill a rest get ned in with a bit of pace we are so alarmingly lacking in the middle!
                        Could even rotate Hill and Dunne every other match to give them a rest but also keep them sharp but Nedum has to be there. Harry seems to have seen past Carroll recently hopefully he ahs the balls to make a decision between Dunne and Hill

Comment

gotta stick to a formation/eleven and get some continuity westie.......may have to revert to the 451 as 442 clearly not working at the min mainly as midfield wrong!

Comment

Season from the off was based on a tight defence and keeping clean sheets therefore scoring one saw us take the points.

Since conceding at Millwall we don't keep clean sheets anymore and that's compounded by the fact we cant out score sides so If a the opposition score more often then not best were going to come away with is a point hence out decline in form

We might have to go back to shut outs and hope we nick one at the other end

Comment

fraid so mate.....the injuries have obviously crippled us as if leicester/burnley had as many of us theyd be fooked.....but redknapp has seriously brought in some woeful stuff....bennyoun/bae/oneil etc

Comment

Working...
                              X